“No longer open to the public!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Sunset
MORROW, Louisiana
15 attraction reviews
“No longer open to the public!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My sister and I drove around half lost for a couple of hours, wondering why there weren't any signs pointing the way, then we found it. We also found out that it is now a private residence and is not open for tours of any kind. You can view it from the road, the house and grounds are beautiful.

Visited April 2012

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Where are they Hidding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I’m a bit of a skeptic to say the least. I’ve been to this plantation countless times and to my surprise, NOTHING…. This is truly a beautiful place to visit but don’t expecting to find any ghost. I work as a patrol deputy here in the parish and I make it my business to check this place out often. I guess I aloud all the folk tales to get the best of me and forgot to really enjoy the beauty of this magnificent structure. I’ve walked the grounds at night only to discover it is full of lost or stray animals. Nice place to visit, so do come by.

kokomo ind
“very interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

My boyfriend and I visited the ole plantation,chretien point. I stood on the stairwell where the pirate or hooligan was told to be shot. He took a picture of me and above my head is an orange glow of a man's face, beard and a mask over his eyes. There was no one there in the room except him, I and the tour guide. I still have the photo and everyone is surprised. When we walked out on the balcony it was if we had stepped thru a time wave, we both looked at each other and said at the same time, did you feel that? We replayed it and it was so strange, felt as if we had walked thru a film of some sort. We enjoyed the visit, didn't stay all night tho, but it was very interesting.