“One of the highlights of our Sulphur experience” 4 of 5 stars

(337) 527-9189
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 54 Restaurants in Sulphur
Cuisines: Ice Cream
“One of the highlights of our Sulphur experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great old fashioned malts made with BlueBell ice cream. Nothing fancy about the place, and nothing fancy about the malts. Malts were so good that my family opted to have them in lieu of supper twice.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good place to find Bluebell icecream, food is just OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at a nearby hotel (Fairfield Inn) for work and wanted something to eat but had been working all day and didn’t want to drive. It was a short walk so we walked over.

They do have hamburgers and other sandwiches, etc. The food was OK. The hamburger patty was premade and didn’t make for a good hamburger. The girl working was left high and dry and had to do it herself. Ergo, she forgot to make my fries. I though I had forgotten to order them but she told me I had after the fact. She took the price off of the ice-cream I ordered.

Credit card situation is a mess. Any credit card over $10 has to be ran as a debit card which means you will need a PIN. If you do not have PIN expect to pay cash. Any purchase had to be $5 or more for a credit/ debit card.... ergo, keep your range in $5 -$10 per purchase unless you’re paying cash.

The Lowdown
* Hamburger was moderate. Would not order again
* Drinks are in cans only
* Ice-cream is the true highlight. It's all Bluebell and they do have a great selection

The takeaway: Go for desert only....It’s hard to be bluebell but the other food was just moderate at best.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Local excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is just a short walk from the Fairfield Inn where I am staying and well worth the trip! I don't eat ice cream very often but when I do I want the best. Winkydoo sells Blue Belle ice cream and they had too many flavors to choose from so I just ordered a banana split. It was huge, tasty and only $4.99 including tax.

Definitely a great place for some cool treats.

Visited April 2013
Arabi, Louisiana
“Old School Ice Cream Parlor! Kids Loved the Selection!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited Sulphur (Lake Charles, LA area) for the Louisiana State Championship swim meet recently and some other members of our swim team were heading to Winkydoo's Malt Shop so we decided to meet them there. A quiet little home grown ice cream shop, nice staff and tons of selections of Blue Bell Ice Cream including many flavors you probably haven't heard of and haven't seen on your grocers shelves.

Very convienent location, close to the interstate and we are glad we stopped in and surely would recommend to anyone in the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cypress, Texas
“Ice Cream Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We promised our girls we would stop for ice cream once we got to Lake Charles. The only place we could find online was Winkydoo's so we took a chance. It is a small local little ice cream parlor. They served Blue Bell ice cream --- lots of flavors I'd never heard of before and we eat LOTS of Blue Bell at our house. Nothing fancy - but the people were nice, the ice cream was yummy, and the location was convenient.

• Visited March 2013