“You Get What You Pay 4!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sulphur
“You Get What You Pay 4!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I needed a place to lay my head for the night, after a long road trip, so I booked the Americas Best Value Inn in Sulphur, Louisiana. It was good for just that...... a place to lay my head, nothing more!!! The rooms were fair...... only one drinking cup for a room that occupied two people, one tiny piece of soap that crumbled in my hands while in use and a air conditioner that hummed all night long but without a good tune. I paid $67.50 per room not including taxes and the total cost of $155.90 for two rooms. Needless to say, I will never return to Americas Best Value Inn again, not to even lay my head!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. No extra frills just a place to sleep. Room was clean but, bed sheets were not changed during stay. The beds are extra hard. If you want hot breakfast go to McDonalds down the street. The staff was nice and friendly. No swimming pool. No restaurant for hotel. No smoking property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Spent 2 nights and it was great. Arrived late at night but had no problems with the late check in. The rooms were clean and looked new. The price was low and we did not expect to get such nice rooms. Located a few miles from Lake Charles but not far. A little hard to spot from the main street but no major complaints. The staff was friendly and courteous. Will look to stay here again when I go back for more gambling fun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

This hotel is AWESOME! For an America's Best Value Inn, this place is top notch :) Because you see the others americas best balue inn's and they are kinda like...mmmm not so great - run down. But this one is gorgeous inside. However even the hotel is pretty, what makes it great is the Staff! H. and Sam that run the hotel are soooo nice. We are here currently because my husband is working a shutdown. So they have been great and play with my son. Anything we need they get it automatically. This by far is the most friendliest and best hotel I have ever stayed at. I am glad we picked this hotel :) best place in Sulphur. Thanks H. and Sam, and the rest of the staff. You guys need raises for the hard work and sincerity you have :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Our 2 night stay was pleasant. Room is smaller than what we are used to, but it was fine for our short stay. The location is excellent for exploring the creole national trail. There are loads of eateries walking distance. our favourite was the Chinese buffet across the street. Breakfast was basic with toast, cereal, coffee and orange juice. Internet access was excellent. Overall our stay was great and If I'm ever back in Sulphur I definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

When we got there the man behind the desk had a terrible attitude when he gave us a room. As soon as I walked in I could smell the urination in the bathroom, it was a terribly overpowering smell. After further investigation I found that the bathroom floor was covered in it. You couldn't even step in the room. I went to tell the man behind the desk and he began to yell at me and tell me that this was impossible and blame me for doing it. I said that I would just like a refund and if they would not clean this up and he refused to give me a refund. He said it would be taken care of tomorrow. So I said I would take care of it, since my wife was pregnant and could not smell the ammonia filling the entire room with the stench. So I got a towel and all purpose cleaner and cleaned up the mess of urination all over the floor in the bathroom. Then after relaxing for 5 minutes, I received a call on the phone and he demanded I bring him One Hundred and Fifty Dollars or he was going to call the cops on me. He kept on threatening to call the cops on me. Other than the fear I was now feeling from the shady way he was acting the cops sounded like a relief to me. I genuinely feared for the safety of my pregnant wife and myself. Then he told me that he had locked all my belongings in my room, and I could not go back in there to get anything. He was going to give me 20 dollars and I was going to leave. Leave my stuff and go. When I told him how I wasn't going to be scared into being stolen from he said that with One Hundred and Fifty dollars I could stay. They were very rude and seemed to under the influence of several mind altering substances. You could smell the Marijuana and Alcohol on his breath. When my wife and I made it back to the room we were to scared to even step outside of the room before the next morning. I have never been treated like that at any business that deals with customer service. He couldn't even understand the English that I spoke and he would not stop yelling at me. I got absolutely no sleep because I stayed up to make sure I could protect my pregnant wife and had to drive 7 hours the next day. I will never go back there and I am sorry that they can even keep a license to run that place. The man was clearly prejudice towards Americans. And the screaming and trying to rob me made me fear for my life. If you have a family or any loved ones, I urge you. Do not take them to this Hotel. I am scared for what may happen to someone who is not as careful as we were. Truly the most horrifying experience of my life.

Room Tip: Do not ever go to this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed here overnight after finding it well rated with Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. The room was just superb with lovely clean bed and everything spotless, a lovely big bathroom and coffemaker, fridge, microwave, it felt like a 4 star hotel. Manager and his wife were very helpful and friendly and if I had a complaint it would simply be that the breakfast is a bit unimaginative and sparse, my husband likes toast and there was no bread, just a choice of 2 cereals and some bagels and pastries. However the price was excellent and great value so maybe you cant have everything. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!