For starters, everything you need to know is on the Finca BellaVista website and in the travel packet. It is very important that you thoroughly read all of the information they provide so you have a clear understanding of what you can expect. A few things to keep in mind...
1. You are staying in the jungle
2. You are living in a tree house
3. You hike to ALL of your destinations
This being said, if you are not an outdoorsy person then you should probably stick with your 'spa style' stay-cation.
Now for the good stuff!!
This is hands down one of the most incredible destinations we have experienced to date and we travel a lot! I must admit it was a bold choice bringing our 6 year old along for the adventure, but it was a trip that he will remember forever! The hike from Base Camp to Mis Ojos was pretty intense but our son managed to tackle it six times each day for B/L/D. If a 6 year old can do this, so can you. There really is a lot to do and 3 days was not enough time to do it all. The tree house we stayed in was cozy and had a toilet, shower, hammock, huge deck and one of the most beautiful views that overlooked an incredible waterfall.
The staff was amazing! They helped answer any questions we had. They engaged my son in all sorts of fun activities. We were able to connect with all of the Volunteers on a personal level. Our son even bonded with a few of the Volunteers and some of the staff. We went on the Foodie Tour where we were able to pick fresh veggies to take back to Base Camp for our lunch. We also went on the night hike and got a glimpse of all sorts of little critters lurking about!
In a nutshell, it was an incredible trip and we look forward to planning another trip to Finca BellaVista soon!
If you are interested in seeing what it is like for kids to explore Finca BellaVista, click or copy and paste the link below:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Bellavista is a treehouse community in the Southern Zone of Costa Rica! We are a rustic, yet comfortable, private retreat off the beaten path where owners and guests can explore the natural wonders of the rainforest canopy and enjoy what we like to call ‘treetop Pura Vida’. You definitely won’t find flashy billboards or roadside signs that lead you to Finca Bellavista… Finca Bellavista is not a full-service spa, a fancy hotel, or a canopy tour. We are located in an amazing and relatively untouched portion of Costa Rica that is removed from many of the influences of the outside world. The nearest town (1.5 miles away) contains a school, a church, a pulperia, a bus stop, a handful of houses, and of course, a soccer field. That’s it. No souvenir shops, no mini-malls, and no rowdy bars. Finca Bellavista is for the true traveller who wants to experience something truly different and special. We have acres of forest and gardens to explore, refreshing rivers, birdwatching, a botanical trail, and much more. We look forward to hosting you in our home! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Finca Bellavista Hotel Province Of Puntarenas