“Finca Fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Finca Bellavista

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Piedras Blancas
Finca Bellavista
Save Saved
You added Finca Bellavista to your Saves list
#1 Treehouse Lane | La Florida de Piedras Blancas, Piedras Blancas, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
50% off room rate
Houston, Texas, United States
“Finca Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I grew up going to summer camp and truly miss the experience. I have NOW found what I've been missing in Finca Bellavista....it's like summer camp for adults!

Not to be missed when visiting CR! Erica & Matt have created a very special place in the jungle, it's off-the-grid and out of this world!

Can't wait to plan my next vist and ZIP with David & Bryan, day hike, night hike, check out the Finca Fresh Cuisine (they grow their own!), and a dip in the river near the falls...

This place is total relaxation... a place to drop in and drop out from the stresses of life and get back to nature.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Harare, Zimbabwe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

FincA Bellavista is an amazing slice of rainforest heaven. Easily accessible but ultimately so far removed from hectiC and fast paced life, you will fall in love with the place and want to stay forever. And that's OK as you actually can finagle that; plots are for sale, meaning you too could design and build your own pad in the treetops! I highly recommend this place to stay. Not only can you sleep 90ft up in the treetops (at Castillo Mastate) but you can zip line along the trees and above rivers and waterfalls. Swim and dive into crystal clear pools. Hike along the well managed and marked trails into the rainforest. Chico the guide is v knowledgeable and the staff in general are lovely. Chef Rob cooks up a storm in the kitchen too! The founders, Matt and Erica, have created a true paradise that I will undoubtedly come back to visit again and again! Pura Vida!

Room Tip: All treehouses are vastly different but equally great. If you want the uber-treehouse experience sta...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I volunteered at the Finca for 10 months over the last two years and it was an experience that has changed my life. Existing in a place that is so immersed in nature really allowed me to connect again with the natural order of the planet and discover so much about myself. Life was simple and pleasant again and that feeling has stayed with me since coming back to Canada. There is everything that you are looking for there, beautiful plants, wildlife, friends from all over the world, adventure, serenity, warmth and natural beauty all around. This place should be a MUST on anyones travel list. It's an extra-extraordinary experience!!! Check it out.

Room Tip: Mis Ojos - > Romantic perfection El Castillo -> Grand and dream like Fila Tortuga -> Very...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Matt and Erica, the founders and owners, are wonderful people and they make you feel immediately at home. Their dedication to Finca Bella Vista is extremely inspiring and what they have achieved in such a short time is jaw dropping. The Finca is a really special place , we loved the river in which we dipped several times a day, we loved our walks in the jungle, we loved Casa del Sol and Mis Ojos and we just loved to share meals and conversations with visitors, volunteers and of course Matt and Erica. It's a great experience to be in a tree house in the jungle where everything is so alive and untouched, where you are finally away from cars, cell phones, computers and have a chance to rest and absorb nature's healing vibes, you can recharge yourself and start fresh until next visit!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Tidbits from our stay at Finca BellaVista:

The BEST nature experience I've had so far in my life!!!!! (husband agrees) The hike to our treehome was tougher than I imagined… but worth it. Everything is mind blowing beautiful…Way better than photos on the internet.

Base Camp is where we gathered for meals. Family style/ casual dining was cozy/comfortable. Food is typical Costa Rican fare, hearty, simple, and delicious. At dinner we met Mateo... We thought it was nice he made a point to come down for dinner and chat with us (even though he seemed tired from a tough day of work) Nice to spend so much time with Matt and Erica (the owners). We were already starting to feel like family with the young volunteers. We enjoyed meeting the other guests and listening to everyones' life stories.

We loved having the jungle to ourselves. We hiked and hiked and HIKED. It was such a feeling of accomplishment when we made it to the waterfall! It took a while with a 6-year-old! SO worth it. It was booming with energy!

We participated in a NIGHT-HIKE with Chico! It hadn’t rained that day so the critters weren’t out. Our son was such a trooper! He LOVED spotting spiders and other insects with his flashlight! Not scared at all! We saw HUGE crickets, spiders, stick bugs, butterflies, cicadas and bats.

By the second night, we noticed that it is surprisingly not scary sleeping so deep in the rainforest completely alone with no 'real' building protecting us. (in front of our bed is a huge opening with sheer fabric drapes) Definitely a feeling of being One-with-nature.

On the last day we did the FOODIE Garden Tour. Our son tried everything! We wandered deep into the jungle to dig up potatoes. Afterwards we made fried yuccas with Lizano Sauce. YUM!

This was such a magical and special experience for us. The best way to describe it was like "'Summer Camp' for the Family"/ We hope to return again soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is my third visit and first one alone traveling to Central American. Taking the bus for the first time so I didn't have to rent a car was smoother than expected. There is always a chance that when you drive here for the first time, you will perhaps get "sidetracked" or lost and not make your early evening itinerary. As a professional in Environmental Design, this place is a dream. The development, although I refrain from calling it that is so well executed that it doesn't appear planned or contrived but rather organic, adapted to the Eco-Systems, and consciously thought through. Every time I go, I explore something new, rather than try and do "everything" offered. This past visit I spend time in the river and saw blue prawns enjoying themselves. I also did a 'guided hiking tour' in steep ridge areas. I spent a total of 10 days there with a stop over to Mango Moon and a surf lesson on the way back. Try not to rush this place, it truly has more to offer than a just a quickie moon-lite adventure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Best. Place. Ever.

We just got back from a stay at the finca. We stayed in Mis Ojos, and I couldn't imagine a more magical place on this earth. The waterfall in the background (which put me to sleep the moment my head hit the pillow - which is saying something seeing as I'm a lifelong insomniac), the care of that was taken in the carpentry of the tree house (just the woodwork in the ceiling alone was a piece of art), the food was a DELIGHT (we were going to cook, and then had one of their meals and decided that there was no way we wanted to miss that), and the people. Just great people.

My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to spend some time with some owners over meals and on the zipline (a fun way to see the property I must say), and the energy, friendliness, and love that I found with everyone I talked to was beyond expectations.

Advice for planning: it really does take a full day to get down there from San Jose, so plan to stay somewhere in between, we tried to fly and make it in one afternoon and it DID NOT work.

If you are looking for an escape from the world, or just a glimpse into the magic of the jungle, you HAVE to stay here.

I already am daydreaming about a trip back :-)

Room Tip: Mis Ojos is by and far unbelievable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Finca Bellavista? Share your experiences!