“A dream come true” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Finca Bellavista

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Piedras Blancas
Finca Bellavista
#1 Treehouse Lane | La Florida de Piedras Blancas, Piedras Blancas, Costa Rica   |
London, United Kingdom
“A dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

A year ago I have read an article about this treehouse community and it became a dream to spend a couple of days here.
For a long time I thought that it will be just a dream, because I believed that this kind of places can only be afforded by the richest people. Fortunately It turned out this is not true. This April we decided to go to Costa Rica and It came to my mind again - Oh, I wish I could sleep in one of those treehouse in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle and could fullfil my childhood's dream - and I gave it a try and sent them an email about the prices and the available dates.
I felt like someone won the lottery, when I got a response from Erica - Yes, we have available tree houses...
I was very happy and when we saw the prices, we couldn't believe that we received it from Finca Bellavista. I thought that must have been a different hotel. With other words, they have very fair prices.
Finca Bellavista is a paradise if you are interested in real natural places. I enjoyed taking pictures of many special animals. I really felt like Gerald Durrell.

This is a unique place with unique people.

100% I will get back to Finca Bellavista.

Room Tip: El Castillo Mastate was our treehouse, in my opinion the best one!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Elora, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Finca Bellavista is not just a place to stay!. We had such a fantastic time hiking the jungle, visiting the tree houses, swimming in the crystal clear swimming holes in the Bellavista river, and zip lining through the jungle! This can't all be done in one day you need at least a 3 day stay.

We had the opportunity of both sleeping at the Mis Ojos tree house (at the water fall) and the Casa del Sol (at base camp). The flora and fauna are spectacular abundant every where! A bird/butterfly watcher, reptile/bug hunter and orchid/flower lovers dream.

Mateo and Erica are the best hosts! Jeff the chief cook and property manager is great, when he is not there Frances will cook you up great Costa Rican dishes.

Thanks for such a memorable experience!
Laurie, Leo and Betty

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I say it's the best of Costa Rica because Finca (with Erica and Matt's guidance) allows you to have whatever experience you want. If any of the words adventure, relaxation, waterfalls, hiking, jungle, mountain, community, natural, flora, fauna, treetops, or exotic appeal to you, then you will find it there. That is what happened on my visit(s), even when I brought my eight year old, we had the dream vacation that we were looking for. It is so breathtakingly beautiful that words can't describe it, so really, go check it out! Not to mention, the prices are so reasonable, the people are knowledgeable and accessible, and there are other adventures that can be coordinated with Erica's help, if wanted. I have been to at least seven or more cities for stays in Costa Rica and Finca is my favorite!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Erica & Matt run a great lodge in the heart of the jungle. Beautiful rivers, trees, wildlife, and fun zip lines (if available). Beaches nearby. You can even buy a property there and get a treehouse built! Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

This place was amazing! Like nothing you can find anywhere else! You get to stay in a absolutely gorgeous treehouse in the middle of the jungle of Costa Rica, amazing views, trails, and sounds. So peaceful! Awesome ziplining! I went all around Costa Rica for 3 months, and this place was the best!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
amyscheineman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

This is the most amazing place I have ever been. My experience here will be burning in my brain forever. We stayed in the first treehouse built, a.k.a Matt and Erica's labor o love. We did get to tour the property via zip line, which was awesome !! After that we took a hike through the river and into some swimming holes. Later on we relaxed in the treehouse over looking the water fall.
BTW there is a little bit of a hike to the tree houses so make sure you bring some good hiking shoes and rubber boots.
There is also a lot of birds so it is a good idea to bring some binoculars.
If you don't want to stay in a treehouse you can stay in a cabin by the river.
There is also a community center where you can hang out and read, eat dinner or get on the internet.
Oh and getting there...just find a taxi driver to take you there, you will not want to leave when you arrive and the roads are pretty sketchy.
Well I think I hit the highlights so visit their website for more details.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Finca Bella Vista is such a wonderful unique place. Nestled in the heart of the rainforest in Costa Rica, a country that holds a very special place in my heart, is this little hidden piece of paradise. It is possible to own an build your own treehouse here, however you can also vacation here as we did. We first came to the finca with some family in 2009, and decided it would be a perfect place to have our intimate wedding with only our family and closest friends. As suspected, it was an absolute hit! Imagine being able to say you were married in a treehouse in the rainforest! Well I was!

We only spent three nights at the finca this trip, but I cant imagine a more romantic way to spend our wedding nights. We stayed in "Los Ojos", the treehouse located next to the waterfall, with only candles and fire-flies to light our way in the evenings, and giant blue butterflies, and hummingbirds to greet us in the mornings.

Some of our group stayed in Cabinas at basecamp, while others stayed in the bigger treehouse, "Mastate". It was a bit complicated to coordinate when our neighbours were atleast a 15 minute hike away from us, so we all got plenty of exercise. None the less the scenery is the most beautiful you can imagine, and if you need to cool off, simply head down to the stream for a dip.

I have loved my experiences at the finca, and fully entended to return again! If you want some place to relax, I'd say this is the best place in the world. Do a little yoga on the balcony while watching out for tucans, and listening to the hum of the forest and I think you will find peace.

Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2010

Been to Finca Bellavista? Share your experiences!