“Slidell review” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Slidell to your Saves list
Super 8 Slidell
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2010 Old Spanish Trail, Slidell, LA 70458   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Slidell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I got a good deal. They were very friendly @ the front desk. Quiet room & area. The Super 8 service I used said they had truck & trailer parking...they did not. I WAS able to find parking, but if you're in an 18 Wheeler, it'll be tough. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2013
USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Super 8 always makes sure that our guests receive a great deal and a rewarding stay. I was sorry to hear about the misinformation given to you about the parking. Although we do have ample parking large tractor trailers do have a difficult time. We hope to see you very soon.
Harrington Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very pleasantly surprised about the friendliness of staff, esp. Lois the day clerk, Clean rooms. All staff very accommodating -great value for the price. Convenient location off I-10-we got to downtown New Orleans in 25 mins. w no traffic, (speed limit is 70 most of the way) Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Joesph,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us here at the Super 8 in Slidell.I will make sure to pass along the great news to Lois. It’s great to hear how you took advantage of our convenient distance to New Orleans. The drive is very short not to mention quite beautiful. We look forward to seeing you again
Steinbach, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is a very good value if one is in the New Orleans area. It is close enough to New Orleans to get in and out fast but yet far enough away to breath.
The hotel itself is minimum. The rooms are minimum clean. The internet works at minimum speed. The breakfast is minimum.
The stay here was ok but that is all it can be when the hotel is at minimum standard. One can saty here for a night, but don't expect much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear HOGG00007,

I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location to New Orleans. I was saddened to hear that we did not exceed your expectations on anything else. My staff and I strive to provide a memorable experience when you choose to stay with us. I apologize that we could not make your stay more enjoyable. I’m sure if you had notified a staff member of the internet lag, they would have been more than happy to refresh any of 8 access points throughout the property. We do offer our Complementary continental breakfast but generally the items are cold. I assure you my staff and I will work on these concerns to make the next stay better for our guests.
Gurnee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Would use this hotel again. Spacious room. Quiet location. Variety of restaurant choices within a few miles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Barbara N,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm extremely excited that you were able to utilize our property’s location to your advantage. We look forward to seeing you again.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Car trouble kept us off the I-10 for two days...Near the Ford agency,a car rental agency & a oriental buffet...This 8 served our un planed needs well...A large pleasant breakfast room compensated for the "tight" on property parking...carracar

Room Tip: I would select rooms on the left,facing the structure, as less exposed and quiet...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Carracar,

I'm glad during a time of inconvenience you found solace here with us. We offer numerous amenities at no cost to our guests. Free Wi-Fi can be very instrumental when you find yourself in a strange place. Indeed our Superstart breakfast has just what it takes to get your day started properly. We do have quite a few attractions within walking distance from our property, which always helps when you don’t have a car. I thank you for your very kind words of praise but I assure you that I am only as good as my staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Super 8 Slidell? Share your experiences!