“Good bargain - nice clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Slidell
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2010 Old Spanish Trail, Slidell, LA 70458   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Slidell
Jensen Beach
“Good bargain - nice clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I don't normally stay at Super 8 - in fact I avoid them. But we stayed at this one since it was close to our route and inexpensive and we only wanted a place to sleep. We found it to be very nice with a great desk clerk and based on this single experience I will give Super 8 a try again in the future. I hope the other motels in this chain live up to the very high standards we found at this particular location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear LD S,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed yourself with us. Super 8 offers a great affordable room with plenty of free amenities to enjoy for 1 night or multiple nights. My staff and I strive to give each guest the cleanest affordable room you will find. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
allover
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My coworker and I checked in around 7 pm, the property appeared well maintained and comfortable. Sometime around midnight, we were attacked by bedbugs. they moved us several times (4x different rooms), 3 rooms bugs were found within minutes. Finally, due to the late hour and no obvious signs of bugs he was able to rest. After all this the manager would not be available until 1100 am to make any decision on refund. The front desk woman was almost cheerful when we asked in the morning to speak with the manager. We will be calling back until a satisfactory amends are made. If you stay here do not stay in rooms ranging from 209-215, they definitely have bedbugs, as to the rest of the hotel? Roll the dice if you want.

Room Tip: check the room they will be giving you before you check in
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear JB,

I have read your review, however we found no records of any such bedbug activity. My staff and I take all claims of bedbugs very seriously. We have all gone through extensive training in regards to identification, containment, and cleanup. After your complaints we had all rooms blocked and thoroughly examined by housekeeping and our extermination company. We found no evidence of any bed bug activity. As a preventative measure I endured the cost of having the rooms in question sprayed just to be safe. The exterminator did find mosquitoes outside the rooms close to the door lights. Again, No bedbug activity was found by any trained professionals. When we did speak, I did inform you of our findings, as well as informing you that bedbugs do not have wings as you previously had stated. You also stated that you left your door open to allow fresh air into your room, leaving me to believe that you had bitten by a mosquito. I would like to note that our mattresses are encased in top bed bug protection covers preventing any bedbugs to get in. I hope in the future you allow us offer you a great room at an affordable price.
BEAUMONT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was convenient, very clean & priced great with GEICO discount. Staff very courteous & friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Janell K,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful words. My staff and I try to ensure each guests’ stay is comfortable and enjoyable. The housekeeping staff works diligently to make sure each guest room is cleaned to the highest standards. I will share your review with all the staff members. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
BUDA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This motel was okay for the money but a few things could have made it better:
The light out side of the room could not be blocked by the flimsy curtains and our room was very bright inside at night. With only two pillows, it was very hard to have any support to watch TV in the bed. Since there was no sofa, the bed was where we had to watch TV. Could have used a couple of bigger sized pillows since leaning directly against the backboard was very un-comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Slidell? Share your experiences!