“Did not change the sheets” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% off for Military!
Ranked #9 of 18 hotels in Slidell
Deltona, United States
“Did not change the sheets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We checked in around 10 pm after driving all day from Orlando, Florida. We got checked in to our room and got the car unloaded and just wanted to relax and go to sleep. Our children were in the other bed and when they got in the covers they found a tissue and a sock in the bed neither of which belonged to them. At the time we were so tired we did not feel like reporting the issue because we would most likely have to switch rooms or wait for housekeeping to come change the sheets and we just wanted to go to sleep. Now that I think back on the situation I wish I would have reported it because I'm pretty sure that this meant that sheets had not been changed since the last guest stayed in that room. It's actually pretty disgusting when I think about it. There was even a sticky note sign on the bed that said something about linens being changed after every guest or something. I'm not sure how you can be sure that housekeeping staff is truly changing the sheets when they clean rooms, but this experience definitely made me wary of staying at Hampton Inn hotels in the future. I will definitely be checking next time before I get too comfortable and relaxed in a room.

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Alexandria, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The room with the double bed was small, but the 1 bedroom suite was excellent. Very spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that has children. There was also enough space that I setup my sons pack and play in the front room which included a queen sofa( 2 younger children slept on it.), and me and my wife slept in the bedroom.

Prairieville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament and had a pleasant experience! Everything was very clean! The staff was polite and helpful. We especially loved the availability of hot coffee in the evening after being at the ballpark all day. My kids enjoyed the pool area even though it is quite small. The breakfast was good, but more waffle makers are needed. Overall, it was a very good experience, and I would stay there again for sure!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Slidell was a decent place to stay. They offered complimentary pralines upon check-in. I thought that was a nice touch. Our initial room was contaminated by a closet smoker. The front desk quickly moved us to an alternate room without a problem. Great customer service. The new room smelled fresh. It appears the property is older and has been updated. Despite a hotel full little leaguers, we never heard any of the children. We enjoyed a good nights rest. The breakfast was ample and varied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel was very nice overall but the room wasn’t all that great. I took my shoes off when we arrived and the carpet felt gross under my feet; almost sticky. Also I had a king suite with a sleeper sofa and the sleeper was missing some of the springs on the foot of the bed and when my kids would try to get out of the bed at the bottom the mattress would push through. The king bed was very comfortable but it could have used some touch ups and maybe some replacement furniture/parts/carpet. I will probably look elsewhere next time.

Ethel, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Friendly staff, clean, comfy. Easy to locate and get around the area. Great coffee and waffle's.
Only a short distance from Nola, Baton Rouge. Close to good restaurants. The frig in our room popped a lot but otherwise we love the Hilton family

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Centre, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place was nice inside and out. The room was clean and was presented good. The meeting rooms and the free breakfast was a real pleasure! Most places stop serving before I get up but they served until 10. The pool was clean and the outside well maintained. The staff was very helpful and polite. We visited Slidell for a Baseball tournament and the entire place was booked! Most rooms with at least 1 or more kids and not once did we hear anything. Conveniently located also. Highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor by the vending and ice machine. No noise and very convenient to everything.