“Great Sushi!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Cleveland, Georgia
“Great Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I loved it. I had no problems. My waitress was friendly and attentive. Enjoyed the hot sake. I bought a sampler of sushi, and received about twice as much as I thought I'd get, and it tasted good too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stuttgart
“Attention! Health Department Officials”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This restaurant can easily be the center of epidemic for some type of deadly disease. Tried both the sushi/sashimi and the hibachi grill with friends. The Miso soup was not hot enough and the waiter’s finger was in the soup each time he picked up a bowl and threw it in front of us across the table. Yes “threw” was the right choice words for everything they served. The sushi arrived in wooden boats, piled on a heap of crushed ice. So every piece was wet from the chlorine water as the ice started to melt. You had to fish out the pickled ginger from the wet ice or should I say slush. The sashimi pieces were not the fine slices one would expect. You had to take four big bites to consume each piece which is totally against the sushi etiquette of bite size of pieces. I asked for the standard sauce dish for the soya sauce. The waitress threw one in front of me with nasty big chunks of old food remains stuck on it. When we pointed out, she replaced it with another one with nasty chunks of old food remains stuck on it. Same thing with the third attempt! “REALLY!” Do they even wash the dishes? The heap of ice served with the sashimi fell apart and fell out of the boat all over the table melting rapidly. Next comes the cook with his nasty looking hibachi cart with nasty sauce bottles and the trays of rice, fish and meat. They stacked up the round trays of rice and meat on top of each other. The bottom of these trays were lying somewhere on nasty counters and now on the top of the meats. Just looking at them made us all sick into our stomachs. After the dinner was served to the occupants, here comes the bus boy to clean the grill while we were still eating. He had the most disgusting scrub pad and a towel in the hand and started scrubbing the grill plate in front of us splashing… You got the picture! It was like living a nightmare! NEVER AGAIN!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Adstock, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Entertaining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Unlike the other review here so far we found the Hibashi chef fairly skilled and entertaining and the food (steak and Shrimp Hibashi) fresh and good. The décor and atmosphere is definitely diner or roadside 'cafe' rather than fine dining - but since that is what we were expecting that was not a surprise.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Osaka is a fantastic place for sushi or hibachi. We celebrate birthdays there every year. I don't think I have ever had a bad experience there. It is a little pricey but the food and service are fantastic and we will be back.

Visited April 2012
“Osucka is more like it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Never thought sushi could be so bland and flavorless. Someone told me they got better so I gave it another try after not being there in years. Half way through the meal I began to feel sick and left. Never again.
Also, don't ask for anything special or not on the menu-the owner gets insulted and she is not shy to let you know.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere