“Value Priced” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Slidell
Columbia
“Value Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed here for four nights and had a very good experience with the staff and our stay as a whole. We arrived later in the evening and our reservation was on hand and correct. Our room was back in the opposite corner of the property from the front desk and was very quiet. We chose a room with one bed so as to give our pets a little more floor room. The room was clean as well as the Linen. Motel 6 has some of the smallest showers available, BUT, they had never ending hot water, that was awesome! The bed was not as firm as I would have liked, but we were able to a good nights rest on it. The Pillows could be a little firmer, but we did have enough of them to make up for their softness, 4 of them. Our AC unit was a bit noisy but functioned perfectly in the LA heat. The TV is a bit outdated but the picture and reception were very clear. We stayed here on our trip to New Orleans because it was located to best suit our travel plans. The next morning we were called by the front desk (9am) to ask if we needed room service for that day, we told them no but that we would refresh our towels when we got back from our outing. I found this to be awesome! We saved the planet some water and our pets went undisturbed while we were away. We actually were asked each day if we needed service and to each we declined except for towel service, I liked that option very much! This property has a pool, but we did not have time to take a dip in it so I don't the condition of the pool. Our four nights went by without a problem, we were able to get a hold housekeeping when we needed towels and the Front Desk was always available when we called. Our overall experience was a very good one and would stay here again in the future if we are in the area!
This property has a night time security service on site throughout the night. Yes, you are safe here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

It is pretty clean for a motel 6 in this room am in at least it is better off than the last Motel 6 I stayed in last night the only thing I would change is the 1985 ac unit and the bed .and I would upgrade to TV .its got a 19 inch tube style I haven't seen any bugs yet ,all the lights actually work in this one, so it's off to bed I go. if you're on a budget I would suggest this one check the room first you never know this room could be different from the next

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We arrived in the middle of the night around 2am. We all were so tired but were smart enough to book these rooms before departure. To start there weren't any smoke free rooms. The room smelled like cigarette smoke and a fishy, musty person who hadn't showered in weeks mixed together. I could barely breath! It was a double bed room. My daughters bed was pushed right up to the AC unit which had alot of dead bugs in it and on the top of her comforter. I told her she could sleep with me although we both started to feel tears in our eyes from the immediate dissapointment of this Motels first impression! I went to use the restroom next just to find out that the toilet was broken. Right then and there I had ENOUGH!!! I looked around and saw how filthy the floor was. There were bad cigarette stains on the linens and the comforters. The room phone didn't work. It was starting to feel like we were in a horror film scene from Vacancy minus the serial killers! HORRIBLE!

We retrieved our luggage and went to the front desk to request a different room. There was only one room left but oh my gosh it was no better!!! The hotel room two doors down was wide open with no lights on and a missing TV!! The door looked as if it had been PRIED open!! REALLY!! There was a C shaped, large dent by the bolt lock from the outside! I opened the door and that same funky, musty fish, stale strong cigarette odor hit us dead in the face! The table they had was badly chipped and should have been outside to give away for FREE! The bed had other peoples nose or pubic hairs still in the linens. Again, there were bad cigarette burns on the linens, especially the comforter. This time we only had one bed far away from the nasty AC which was the ONLY improvement! The bathroom was not cleaned well at all. One of the rags had a light brown stain on it! We did not shower. We could still see hairs in the shower and it didn't appear to have been recently disinfected/cleaned at all! Plus the shower was ridiculously small. The PILLOWS were hard as a ROCK!!! Very UNCOMFORTABLE!

We ended up having to stay because my band manager couldn't find anywhere else to stay that wasn't dirt cheap that late at night. I barely slept because I had to keep watch on the door because the bolt lock did NOT work! All that was protecting us from the thief that probably took the TV two doors down or the one who tried to open our own room door at some point was the silver latch you close when you enter most motel rooms! To top it off 2 more rooms were reserved. Same smell, filth, no working bolt on one of the other room doors either and he had a wife and 3 kids in that room! The third reserved room was the same one that had no lights with the door left WIDE open! When my band mate WALKED into it because the door was left OPEN he saw that and the fact there was no TV. The air QUALITY in my room was so bad that I had to take a benadryl and woke up the next morning coughing up filth! I had to open the door and sit right by it to get fresh air!

It doesn't even deserve 1 star but I had NO CHOICE! This motel 6 made such a BAD impression on me that I'm personally haunted now and will not be staying in ANY motel 6 for quite awhile! I simply don't appreciate someone letting people reserve rooms in an unsafe, unclean, nonworking property! I smell GREED! Close this place down COMPLETELY! Finish the remodel that you are starting which has yet to update any rooms one can comfortably stay in and REOPEN! Oh and it wouldn't hurt to have people on hand to help with ammenities and cleaning services! Each room was dirty and UNCOMFORTABLE and there was NO ONE there to help make ANY of us become more COMFORTABLE! Whoever is cleaning needs to be retrained or FIRED if that's the best they can do! That's the civil thing to do! That's the right thing to do! It shows some PRIDE in your chain! The only way you could stay here is if you have a registered gun and a license to protect yourself and don't mind pure disgust! They obviously don't think paying patrons are important enough to feel SAFE! When I told them I had no dead bolt they told me there's a cop that comes by every now and then! WOW!! NEVER AGAIN!!! Next time I will stay in New Orleans at a bed n breakfast. ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!! It's not necessarily cheap and I wouldn't even pay $1 to stay there again in it's current stage!!! MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT!!! THUMBS 6 FEET DOWN FOR THIS MOTEL 6!!!

Room Tip: "Dont stay here!!!" Wait until they have fully renovated and changed management!!!"
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The staff was very nice especially Chelsea at the front desk. She treated my family as if we were family. This is what I call true hospitality. She went beyond the call of duty even though the hotel was completely booked up she treated us as if we were v.i.p. We will definitely be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and pitt-bull on a cross-country road trip. I liked the room; The door opened up to the outside world which was nice. Couldn't hear the neighbours or the highway, I ran the room fan all night. The windows don't open there which is a bummer. I had a non-smoking room which smelled clean. The hotel is worn but in a good way. Room had a corner shower with no tub, and the shower was really nice. Clean, other than a few stray hairs on the towels. I think the cleaning staff was a little strained due to a large influx of military personnel and St. Patrick's Day revellers on top of that, so the hotel was quite busy. The parking lot was full! It was safe, there were kids running around and having fun jumping and fighting on beds with the doors open. The bathmat was wet even though we hadn't showered yet, but I attribute that to the water that would get on the floor from the curtain. I don't believe it was used, because everything else was clean. Non-carpeted floors were nice, because it was quite warm while I was there. The staff were really polite and cheerful, even joked a bit with us. Wireless was extra at this location so I opted out. Close enough to New Orleans for a quick day trip in-and-out and close to the highway for an easy stop on a longer trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the non-highway side. Quieter that way!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is well kept, and I had a good stay. The employees were great and the room was in almost newly renovated condition. They gave me exactly what I had requested, a room away from traffic on an open floor, and it was close to places to eat (although on Christmas most were closed and on the other days the traffic was heavy on the main drag).

But something about the constant placement of a cop car in the front parking lot in the evening and the four cop cars that were evicting a guest from a room in another section kind on my first night thee made me a little nervous. I was glad for the security, but why all the overkill unless it was necessary?

Still, it was a good value and I had no problems, so I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor toward the middle or the back gets less freeway noise, but the back is a bit remote to t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Pace
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Can't get better for $40. Good parking, no problems, next to Taco Bell. I slept well. Room was quiet. Everything worked (like TV, shower, etc.) Pretty close to New Orleans (was about 30 minutes away.) Very easy to find and get to. I was happy with my one night stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 New Orleans- Slidell? Share your experiences!