“Nice southern place.” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Phone 985 288 5061
Berlin, Connecticut
“Nice southern place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Went here with the wife and boy. Waitress was sweet and helpful and offered her honest opinions on the food when recommending. I like that honesty.

Visited June 2013

“Oh my goodness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Slidell as we headed home from the big easy for a swamp tour. I didn`t have the tripadvisor app yet so I asked a local police officer where to get some lunch. That is how we found Bonnie C`s. The red beans and rice... I don`t really even know what to say. I will never forget the red beans,rice, and meat. Forget about Bonnie C`s being the best place in Slidell... I would drive from New Orleans just to eat here. Might be the best meal I had on my last trip to Nawlins.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food & service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived about 45 minutes before they were opening and Tim very graciously invited us in for lunch. Had white beans & rice, catfish po boy and a turkey & cranberry. All was excellent and very large portions. Next time in town will definitely go back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The red beans and rice were the best I've had and the 3 guys in my family really enjoyed their po boys. Great service! Right off the highway so a perfect stop on our way to Florida from Texas. Would go again and again! Proves the locals know where to fill their bellies.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food and Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We found Bonnie C's on Trip Advisor, what a find it was. I ordered the fried chicken and it was delicious and juicy. They let you know it takes a bit longer and it was worth it. My partner got the Deep South Gold and he loved it. We loved the cooking so much we returned a second time before the end of our trip. If you are looking for down home country cooking with a great atmosphere, this is the place!

Visited June 2013