“Beautiful and Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I (aged 10 - 70) and an amazing time on this tour. It is educational on all levels (culturally, biologically, and historically) and the swamp proved to be a peaceful, beautiful and fascinating place. I cannot more highly recommend this company if you are in the New Orleans area!

Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We used their transportation out of the French Quarter. It was about a 40 min ride out and back. They were on time with picking us up at our hotel and even willing to leave us off at a different destination along the way back!!

They had two boats out there. One was covered and one was not. I would bring a hat just in case you are on the boat without a cover. You can wear flip flops and you do not need bug spray because I learned on the tour that mosquitos are not in the area due to the moving (not still) waters on the swamp.

There was a lot of information on the tour and you are able to get great pics and video along the way. It is worth going on and I truly enjoyed this tour. We took the 10:00 am tour. They picked us up at our hotel at 8:30am. Kids can go as well. I did find a coupon for this tour at www.neworleanscoupons.com (There are two different swamp tour coupons on that site, so be sure to print out the correct one. No problem using the coupon. I did have to give them the coupon when we arrived). Enjoy!!

New York
4 attraction reviews
“Highly Recommended For Private Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been to the Everglades a number of times, but never felt that I got the true swamp experience that I always envisioned in my mind. After selecting New Orleans for my bachelor party destination, it was imperative that we did a swamp boat tour. I really wanted to do something private so that we could go at a time that was convenient for us, have some beers, and spend more time seeing the kinds of things that we were interested in on the swamp. After searching online, I found that a lot of companies either did airboats, had boats too large to navigate through interesting parts of the swamp, weren't flexible with time, or were just unreasonably expensive.

Our hotel concierge at the Roosevelt suggested calling Pearl River Eco Tours because he was pretty confident that they could accommodate all of our requests. We were able to schedule our tour from 5-7pm. They couldn't be more accommodating to us. We were a little late and forgot waters at the hotel. Our trip was not shortened and the waters were provided to us since we booked a private tour.

Captain John is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, safety conscious and just an all around nice guy. He even had a bottle opener for our Abita's. There was not one question that we asked that he struggled to answer. We also got to take turns feeding the many alligators that approached the boat. Also, I may have watched too many movies, but the things that I always imagined seeing on the bayou such as the cypress trees and also the houses with the "keep out" signs made for an experience that met exactly what I imagined.

This was a highlight of our entire trip to New Orleans and an experience that I will never forget. It was great going using a company that is truly passionate about all of the inhabitants of the swamp (and that includes the people, vegetation, and wildlife that live there). We couldn't have been happier with our private tour.

Visited June 2013
Holden, Louisiana
“Beautiful trip through Honey Island Swamp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I spent our 43rd wedding anniversary today taking a tour of the Honey Island swamp with Pearl River Ecotours. I highly recommend this tour. The guide was great — very knowledgeable about the swamp ecosystem. We went deep into the swamp. It was absolutely gorgeous. There were a couple of young families with small children, so this tour is fine for kids.

“This is a must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by this awesome tour! John was our tour guide and was a wealth of knowledge about the whole swamp/bayou ecosystem. Educational and great for the whole family! It is cheaper to drive yourself there from New Orleans (about 40 mins) rather than taking the tour bus, but either way it is money well spent!

Visited June 2013