“Good Staff, The Pool not so much” 4 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Slidell - North Shore Area to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Slidell - North Shore Area
2.5 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   126 Holiday Blvd, Slidell, LA 70460   |
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Good Staff, The Pool not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Helpful and friendly staff. Housekeeping didn't leave fresh coffee cups in the room, so we were out by the end of our stay. The pool is in the parking lot, and wasn't clean. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. Overall, it was good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Southlake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The La Quinta in Slidell is a great value, especially if you are traveling with your pets. We decided to stay at the hotel at the last minute and did not have a reservation. I requested a specific type and location of room and they were able to accommodate my request even as a last minute walk-in reservation. The hotel is extremely pet friendly and our dogs enjoyed the stay as much as we did.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My parents stayed in this hotel & told us to make sure we stay here, because they had a pleasant experience. This hotel from the from the front to the back was nothing more than AWESOME!!!! My husband & I will tell all that we know to stay at this hotel.
Ms. Sharon in the breakfast area was TOTALLY AWESOME, SWEET, CARING & LOVING! Not only did she make sure the breakfast area was full @ all times, she gave out good advice of what there was to do in New Orleans & she gave some good hugs too. She is an example of a happy employee. She needs a raise!!!!! Note to management, keep taking care of her because she is a rare JEWEL!!!!!
See you all again real soon!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We lost a ring that has been in our family for 13 years! We left the ring on the bed in the room in a hurry to hang out.Stupid move.I know. We returned late that night and it was gone! We searched the room in a panic became overly frustrated and decided we'll rest tonight and start our search the next morning. We wake and still no ring! My husband and I were upset.Where did this ring go? Do not disturb sign on the door.Where did this ring go? I cried.He tried to remain calm.This is a man that usually suffer from selected hearing disorder, etc, etc.

Later we approach the front desk with these horrible thoughts in our mind.Can't remember her name, but she was very nice.She filed the report and explained when to expect a call from management. So we went on our way.

We returned, still no call from management!
My husband and I requested to speak with" management".The manager appears.I explain in detail where the ring was left and how important it was to locate it.She listens and then responds."The only words I could hear were"The hotel is NOT responsible for missing property. "I'm sure she said more than that.My immediate response"Stolen property, you mean!"Check the cameras and key cards to see who entered a room with a do not disturb sign on the door, etc, etc.My husband intervened. Explaining the story all over again.She agreed with my husband then we headed to our room.
I cried on our way up to the room in the elevator.We enter the room, my husband moves furniture around and there it is! My RING!

Feeling like a fool.I picked up the phone and requested management come up to my room.She came quickly with at least 2-3 other people. I laughed then turned to the chair where the ring lay. They looked then smiled. I apologized at least a million times.

We still had 3 days left at this hotel.My embarrased husband used the stairs, bypassing the front desk...lol.He could benefit from the extra exercise.

Staff remained professional and friendly as ever.They called our room making sure everything was ok.

Customer service 10 plus.Free breakfast and dinner:10 plus.Cleanliness of the entire hotel, inside and out:10 plus.
Thanks to everyone at Laquinta hotel across from Northshore mall.Airport Road Slidell, La

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Houma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our room/suite was comfortable and suited our needs. The kitchenette was not equipped with plates and utensils, and the lavatory did not have glasses available. Other than that, it was a resonable, clean and comfortable accomodation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

If I had service buttons to give to the staff, 3 would have been awarded. The room was clean and very comfortable. Only complaint was I had a room called "Micky Mouse" because they were replacing the electric door handle/lock. So we had to use the lock and key (the locked looked liked the silhouette of Mickey Mouse, hence the name) Recommend this place to all who travel either to New Orleans or through the area.

Room Tip: If you have time, their breakfast is not the standard continental..it is very good, fresh eggs, saus...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mobile, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The room was very clean and neatly decorated. I have back issues however, the bed slept amazingly well. I had no back pain the next morning. The staff was courteous and very helpful. We always use Laquinta whenever we have the opportunity because we have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Slidell - North Shore Area? Share your experiences!