“Case of the MISPLACED RING” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Slidell - North Shore Area
2.5 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   126 Holiday Blvd, Slidell, LA 70460   |
Hotel deals
Slidell, Louisiana
“Case of the MISPLACED RING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We lost a ring that has been in our family for 13 years! We left the ring on the bed in the room in a hurry to hang out.Stupid move.I know. We returned late that night and it was gone! We searched the room in a panic became overly frustrated and decided we'll rest tonight and start our search the next morning. We wake and still no ring! My husband and I were upset.Where did this ring go? Do not disturb sign on the door.Where did this ring go? I cried.He tried to remain calm.This is a man that usually suffer from selected hearing disorder, etc, etc.

Later we approach the front desk with these horrible thoughts in our mind.Can't remember her name, but she was very nice.She filed the report and explained when to expect a call from management. So we went on our way.

We returned, still no call from management!
My husband and I requested to speak with" management".The manager appears.I explain in detail where the ring was left and how important it was to locate it.She listens and then responds."The only words I could hear were"The hotel is NOT responsible for missing property. "I'm sure she said more than that.My immediate response"Stolen property, you mean!"Check the cameras and key cards to see who entered a room with a do not disturb sign on the door, etc, etc.My husband intervened. Explaining the story all over again.She agreed with my husband then we headed to our room.
I cried on our way up to the room in the elevator.We enter the room, my husband moves furniture around and there it is! My RING!

Feeling like a fool.I picked up the phone and requested management come up to my room.She came quickly with at least 2-3 other people. I laughed then turned to the chair where the ring lay. They looked then smiled. I apologized at least a million times.

We still had 3 days left at this hotel.My embarrased husband used the stairs, bypassing the front desk...lol.He could benefit from the extra exercise.

Staff remained professional and friendly as ever.They called our room making sure everything was ok.

Customer service 10 plus.Free breakfast and dinner:10 plus.Cleanliness of the entire hotel, inside and out:10 plus.
Thanks to everyone at Laquinta hotel across from Northshore mall.Airport Road Slidell, La

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our room/suite was comfortable and suited our needs. The kitchenette was not equipped with plates and utensils, and the lavatory did not have glasses available. Other than that, it was a resonable, clean and comfortable accomodation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

If I had service buttons to give to the staff, 3 would have been awarded. The room was clean and very comfortable. Only complaint was I had a room called "Micky Mouse" because they were replacing the electric door handle/lock. So we had to use the lock and key (the locked looked liked the silhouette of Mickey Mouse, hence the name) Recommend this place to all who travel either to New Orleans or through the area.

Room Tip: If you have time, their breakfast is not the standard continental..it is very good, fresh eggs, saus...
Mobile, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The room was very clean and neatly decorated. I have back issues however, the bed slept amazingly well. I had no back pain the next morning. The staff was courteous and very helpful. We always use Laquinta whenever we have the opportunity because we have never had a bad experience.

Beverly hills,Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The parking area is clean. The entry is welcoming. The receptionist was friendly. The room was a delight. Everything was great and try the bed, nice and firm. Wanted to bring it home,,,,ha,ha,ha. The breakfast was fresh and yummy.

Room Tip: room 209...After 12:00 am the area is quiet.
Brookeland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is one of the very best La Quinta inn & Suites I have ever stayed in. Upon arrival I was told there was only a suite left. After a long day of travel I took the suite and was surprised when they told me they had jambalaya, french bread & sweet tea for dinner at NO CHARGE. This was a great way to finish a long day on the road. Of course the next morning the wake up breakfast was also fantastic. I highly recommend this to anyone traveling through Slidell, LA. The only complaint that I had was the sofa had a pull out sleeper which my daughter used, it was very uncomfortable and when I checked out the next morning I told the lady I could not close the sleeper back up. She informed me it was broken and ask why I wasn't told this when I checked in. Only problem I had, everything else was great.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great place to stay for Mardi Gras. Not too far away and the rooms were very nice and clean. Very courteous staff made for an enjoyable stay. The check in and check out process was second to none! Very efficient!