“One of my worst La Quinta stays” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   126 Holiday Blvd, Slidell, LA 70460   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
boynton beach, florida
“One of my worst La Quinta stays”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Where do I begin....
The staff was friendly enough.
They wouldn't give me a AAA rate because there was an event in N. Orleans. Huh?
They put me in a room that used an actual key. No key card. When we went to use it there was no way to open or close the door except to use the key as a handle. They told me they were getting all new locks and that room doesn't have one yet. Huh?
When I turned on the TV the picture was so bad it was unwatchable. I asked the front desk staff if it's broken and they said they didn't know, just try shaking the wires. Huh? I couldn't move the dresser that was in front of the cable wire so I went through the channels till I could find one that didn't hurt my eyes as much. I found one.
There was cold air blowing in through the window so bad that I had to put a blanket in front of it.

I guess if you show up and get your AAA rate, a TV that works, a key card, and a window without cracks you could rate it average.
If I didn't have dogs I would not stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

LaQuinta has really improved its hotels. Most of their locations seem to be quite new and attractive. The service is very good and the rates are modest. I stay at a LaQuinta Inn most of the time when I travel by car.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Humble, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My stay was great. Kris was awesome with the check in process; quick and seamless. She offered great advice on directions. The room was nice and clean, not to mention the fact that my 2 chihuahua puppies were able to tag along.

Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is about the umpteenth La Quinta we have stayed in over 5 states. I have to say it rates in the top 3. The check-in desk personnel, Johnny and Kris, were very friendly and helpful and the check-in was fast. We had some business documents that we needed to fax and there was a problem with the phone number we had. As we were heading on a cruise they offered to mail them for us. What a wonderful help.
The room was very clean especially the bathroom area. Just one minor suggestion there. The toilet seats are very low and those that might have back or hip problems will have a hard time standing back up. The king room was large with a work desk and comfortable easy chair in the room.
The breakfast was much better than the run of the mill La Quinta fare with biscuits and sausage gravy, eggs, sausage, sausage egg and bagel sandwiches, waffles, and fresh fruit. One key element in the breakfast experience was Sharon the lady taking care of the area. She was very personable and chatted with everyone that came into the room.
Great people, great room, and great breakfast. What more do you want in a hotel?

Room Tip: First floor is always good. A lot of entrances to get to your room.
Slidell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel offers not only a complementary breakfast but they also offer a lite supper also. The rooms were very clean, bed and pillows were perfect. The rooms were very well sound proof. Location was great right off the interstate. Very safe area. Close to places to eat and shopping. Highly recommend this one, I will return to this one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Beaumont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The accommodation were great. I had everything I needed in the room. The bedding was very clean, only wish there was more TV channels. I would have like to see more of a selection on the breakfast bar. The staff was very helpful in directing us in the location of the hotel. But it is very hard to get to the hotel because of the nature of the road up ahead you can only go one way .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Katy, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We arrived the night of a New Orleans playoff game. The guy manning the desk was bothered to come check us in to the room. Granted, we arrived late but they do have late check in and We had been driving all day. Wound up eating fast food for dinner. The check-in guy was watching the game from the lounge so we couldn't ask him for a recommendation on where to eat. Got back, ate dinner, went to bed. Woke up the next morning looking forward to the great breakfast that so many people had commented on. Again, we were disappointed. The kitchen staff had run out of milk so there was no cereal. They were out of practically everything. I managed to find a couple of bagels with cream cheese and called it good. We then checked out and headed home. This place needs serious improvements. The only plus was that I got it at a very good rate through priceline and it was a bed to sleep in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Slidell - North Shore Area? Share your experiences!