“Different and interesting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cajun Encounters

Cajun Encounters
55345 Highway 90, Slidell, LA 70461
(504) 834-1770; (866) 92-TOURS (86877)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 Attractions in Slidell
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned and operated tour company with 14+ years of experience. Instant online discounts! Offering great, personalized swamp tours, city tours, and plantation tours to both locals and visitors to New Orleans.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Milwaukee, WI
4 attraction reviews
“Different and interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I wasn't big on this tour when it was presented to me, but I'm glad I went. The tour was interesting and the tour guide was lots of fun. We saw several gators and saw marshmallows floating all over the place (they use marshmallows to attract the gators). I was able to get some great pictures and videos. It's a little bit of a ride to get there from the city, but the trip is worth it. I strongly suggest this tour for someone that wants to see more than just the city life.

“Unsure at first, boy was I wrong.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

My Wife wanted to book the tour. I was very skeptical because I just wanted to keep walking the french quarter. Boy was I wrong. For $50 bucks a person, they come and pick you right up at your hotel, drive you out to the bayou (really seeing Nola) and the driver was great with his knowledge and perfectly timed descriptions of what we were seeing. after arrival at the Honey Island Swamp, Nolan (our tour guide for the day) took us out on a little boat and by telling stories and history, there wasn't a moment of boredom. This was quite a visit and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Nolan is the best! Well done!

Usa
“Honey Island Swamp is a Honey of a trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

If you are anywhere close to Slidell, take the time to do this trip! You wont be disappointed. The guides are highly knowledgeable, entertaining and informative. I couldnt begin to tell you how long this trip is because there was never a dull moment where I felt I had to look at a watch. You really learn about the swamp, about the wildlife, the vegetation, the history all at a lesiurely pace. I never once felt that we were being rushed thru as in other attractions. The close proximity to lots of GATORS was fantastic!

Kudos to Dr Wagner and all his staff for putting together a top notch attraction!

Columbus KS
3 attraction reviews
“What a wonderful way to spend a few hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

The kids wanted to take a swamp tour to see an alligator. We got in on a morning tour so it wasnt so hot and also thinking the critters would be out still. We were not disappointed! We saw several alligators and up close too. The tour guide was very knowledgeable but was somewhat uptight. Another lady on the tour asked a question that he had already given us the information on and he was a bit rude about it. We really enjoyed seeing the bayou and learning the difference between that and a swamp. The guide took us on the river and we saw some of the camps and abandoned places due to Katrina. We would have liked to stay in the swamp/ bayou longer since the river was just about like the ones we have back home. We all enjoyed ourselves and the people there were very friendly.

Bay Area, CA
“Best part of the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

The Honeyy Island Swamp Tour is worth every penny! We had the driver pick us up at our French Quarter hotel and he took us on a side trip to see some of the damage of Hurrican Katrina. Very insightful perspective from a local who had lost his own home in this disaster.

The Swamp Tour itself was wonderful, our boat captain was friendly and fun, we saw lots of alligators, ( fed marshmallows and hot dogs by the captain - most were willing to jump out of the water for us, with the exception of the stubborn Big Al).

A great tour, I could have stayed on that bayou all day!

Been to Cajun Encounters? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cajun Encounters, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.