“Clean and quiet!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Savannah, Georgia
“Clean and quiet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveling on a business trip, this was just a one night stop on our route. We found the room to be nice and clean and the beds were comfy. Our room was quiet. Cracker Barrel is conveniently located to the hotel so we didn't have to go far for breakfast (I'm not sure if the hotel provided breakfast or not, we just chose to go to Cracker Barrel).

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I specifically request with all Marriott hotels that I be placed in a quiet room. As a long time Marriott rewards member I can say that this was the first time a hotel that wasn't full placed me in a room. We were on the front side of the hotel in a corner room that you can see Wal-Mart from the room window. Trucks and other loud vehicles rumbled through all hours of the night and pre-dawn hours. We have previously stayed at this location but have always been placed on the Cracker Barrel restaurant side of the hotel. I was reassured by the front desk clerk that the room I had was one of the quietest in the area as it was noisy when we checked in a little after in 5 p.m. I walked back up to the front desk after noting the noise from the room immediately after check in. She reassured me that room would be a quiet one and that the rooms near the interstate were the noisiest. So we stayed in that room and walked over to Cracker Barrel for dinner. The noise continued to be an issue but a lady traveling with an 8 & 9 year old boys doesn't want to change rooms @ 10:00 p.m. @ night especially since no one was available to assist me per front desk. Next morning the breakfast room was full and the attendant was lax about refilling the waffle mix which had run out. She told the young man who asked about it that breakfast ended @ 9:00 a.m. (It was 8:35 a.m. when he requested she make more and there were other people in the breakfast area who also wanted waffles). She finally with a bit of attitude accommodated the young man's request. Now he wasn't part of my travel party but I did observe this so I am including it in my review as it did affect my opinion of the hotel negatively. This was the third year we have stayed here after our annual trip to a nearby waterpark and I have always enjoyed the convenience of the location both to the waterpark and the Cracker Barrel next door. This visit will have me reevaluating the hotel options in the area and probably opting for a different place next year. The one positive in our stay was a young cleaning lady by the name of Zena (or Xena) really not sure how she spelled it but she was such a friendly young lady who we met on our way out who was so helpful and friendly she saved this rating from being a 1 or 2 star rating.

Room Tip: Unless you are a heavy sleeper impervious to noise demand a room change if assigned to the group of...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Culver City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

While traveling along the highway, we pulled into this Inn because I trust Marriott properties. I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly at check in and accommodated my special requests. The room was as always of Marriott value and expectation. Clean, updated, comfortable bed, microwave, fridge and full complimentary breakfast. I was not aware at the time of check-in that it was the airport location. So it was moving to see pilots and flight attendants in the breakfast area. It must be a good piece of property if the airline puts their staff there.

Another perk is that it is located next door to Cracker Barrel. So you can get any meal of the day right across the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here a few times and I was pleased with the service and the room. it is not a Four Season or the Sheraton, this is a mid tier hotel so you should expect mid tier service.

Overall it was a good place to stay, good rooms, good breakfast, good service, no complaints.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Stephanie P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Fairfield Inn Shreveport. We are so sorry to hear that our staff service did not WOW you during your time with us. We value your feedback and will share it with our management team. We hope that you will give us the chance to regain your trust in the future.
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The best feature of this hotel was the free parking. Since we were out of the country for 10 days, we saved almost $100 by avoiding airport parking. The rooms were clean, and though the bed was pretty close to the ground, it was still comfortable enough. The free airport shuttle was there for us at 4:00 AM when we left for the airport, and it was there for us when we arrived back in Shreveport at 11:00 PM 10 days later.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denham Springs, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here to come to my son's medical school graduation. I had my 93 year old mother and 81 year old mother -in-law. The first evening, Friday, we were invaded with small bugs with wings all around the light and bed. At 9:00pm we had to move to another room. It was extremely difficult to help my mother understand she had to move and try not to cause fear and confusion in her. The next night, Saturday, in this new room, bugs started to hang around the light shade. We tried killing a few and then turned off the lights and said we cannot go through this again. We were told by the hotel staff that they were sorry. I told them, that they really needed to do something about the bugs.
On another note, my mother-in-law had read that breakfast with biscuits and gravy would be served and she said that would help make up for the bugs as she loves biscuits and gravy, but needless to say, neither morning was there biscuits nor gravy. I probably would not stay there again

Room Tip: 3rd floor was fine
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your standards or even our standards. I understand how frustrating it had to be to move your mother and mother in law only to have the same issue in the new room. Rest assured we are taking care of the matter. We do hope that we can regain your trust in the future.
College Station, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

There are lots of hotel choices in this area of Shreveport near the airport. The rooms are typical Fairfield Inn décor. The room I was in was decent and everything including the bathroom was clean. All the equipment in the room worked well. The breakfast was typical Fairfield fare and presented well with adequate amounts. The hotel is close to most things on the west side of Shreveport and the major north/south roads heading out of town or around town. If you need to be close to downtown or Bossier, stay in those areas. The clientele appeared to be a mix of price conscious business travelers and oilfield service folks. The wifi didn't work great for awhile in the evening but evidently they fixed it because the next morning it was great. Request a room away from the freeway side if noise bothers you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad you choose to stay with us and would love to see you again in the future.

Been to Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport? Share your experiences!