“Great Night's Sleep and a Little More” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
DeSoto, Texas
“Great Night's Sleep and a Little More”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My two sisters and I drove to Shreveport, from Dallas last Saturday afternoon intending to return the same day. After a little shopping and dinner, we were surprised that it was after 10pm. Neither of us was up for a 3 hour drive. I had briefly reviewed Trip Advisor and learned that the highest rated hotels were away from the Boardwalk, past the airport. We left downtown, headed west toward Dallas (and the airport) and soon we saw the Fairfield Inn. Yeah! There were rooms available. We checked in just about 12am with a really, nice lady at the front desk. She gave us a room on the first floor at the end of the hall. It wasn't long before it was morning! We had a great night's sleep and there was a Cracker Barrel just across the parking lot. Our only complaint is that we asked for towels for a third person and we didn't get them. She assured us that there were 3 sets in the room. (She did offer to get us a third set, but by the time we checked in, another couple had arrived and we ALL forgot.)

Room Tip: We arrived after 12am and left by 10am. We had a 1st floor west side room and it was quiet and comf...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Addie B, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Maffles-

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do however, apologize for the mishap with the towels and will speak with our front desk staff about fulfilling the requests of all our guests needs at the time they ask. We do hope that you will choose the Fairfield Inn again on your next trip to Shreveport!

All the Best-

Addie Stephenson
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was suitable. Older property and not in the best part of town but easy access to the interstate.
Front desk and staff were very hospitable.
Mexican restaurant across the parking lot. Food was decent. Locals are nice but it seems like it could get a little rowdy at times. Service was good and bartender was a really nice gentleman.
Hotel was typical of a Fairfield. Pool area was a bit worn but suitable for a dip in the Louisiana heat and humidity. For the price it was fine. I will probably opt to stay down at the Riverwalk next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Warren, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I would say overall I was satisfied with my stay at this Fairfield Inn although my stay wasn't perfect.

Check-in was a long drawn out process. When I arrived the front desk agent had to manually type in all of my information despite the fact that i had a prepaid reservation so that wasn't a great start.

The 2nd floor hallways were in decent shape although the carpets were in need of a vacuum.

The room was nicely refreshed with a comfortable bed, newer carpeting and a flat screen tv provided. The bathroom was also in good shape. The window in my particular room had calcium deposits on the window which made the window basically useless.

The high speed internet was free and fast.

Breakfast was the second way that this Fairfield Inn failed to impress. They had waffles, bagels and danish provided but when asked they were out of any fresh fruit and sausage patties.

The area surrounding the hotel isn't what i would call bad but was far from a nice area either.

I can give this place a recommendation even if it is a lukewarm one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed one night here. It is convenient to the waterpark and right next door to a Cracker Barrel. I was concerned after reading the negative reviews but took a chance and booked a return visit because our stay last year was so nice. The room was spacious, clean, fresh smelling, quiet. My one criticism is the breakfast attendant. It was 8:00 a.m. and she wasn't present. The supplies were depleted and I finally went to the front desk to ask for assistance. Apparently this is an acceptable thing to the hotel establishment as the receptionist said and I quote "Oh she is probably outside somewhere you know". The waffle mix was depleted and no sausage in the warmer dish and there weren't many eggs left. After a second request someone finally went and found her. She mixed up some waffle mix then left again. We were checking out at 10:00 a.m. and I saw her sitting out back by the pool. Apparently her work ethic is at her convenience. If management would like to discuss this feel free to contact me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Addie B, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear cnh624~

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us again. We would like the opportunity to chat with you about your experience with the breakfast attendant. This should not have occurred and we sincerely apologize. if you have a moment could you please call our general manager at 318-686-0102 and ask for Stephanie Paul to discuss further. Thanks so much.

Best Regards,

Addie Bentz
Perkins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was really worried after our first hotel on our trip turned out to be kind of awful. But when we got here all worries went out the window. The Fairfield Inn was a wonderful place to stay. The Staff was super nice and helpful. We were asked if we wanted a first floor room instead of the one we were booked for( which we took advantage of). Our room was REALLY clean. Our beds were very comfortable. It wasn't noisy. It made me wish we were staying longer. We had to get up and on the road before the breakfast was available, but they let us take what was already ready with us to eat on the road. I would definitely stay here again as well as recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We stayed on the North side of the building I think. there was no parking along that side so we did...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Texarkana, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Some things were ok but more things were not. When we first arrived, we waited for several minutes just for someone to show up at the front desk. The first room we were assigned reeked of animals and animal urine. The second room was fresh and clean but the microwave was misssing and the mattresses had to be the cheapest mattresses they could find. They reminded me of whats on a sleeper sofa. There wasn't near enough towels, but they did give us more. The hot breakfast items were just flat out gross! You can't mess up muffins, cereal and yogurt. The next day, a different clerk, told me there was no one else there except her. What kind of management leaves one person to an entire hotel, completely booked, on a holiday weekend and at the probably the busiest time of day!? Not that this is a requirement, but the front entrance didn't even have an automatic door. The hotel looks tired and worn. I most definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Addie B, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear happylm~

I apologize about your experience with us this past weekend. We take pride in the Marriott name and we will look into the issues you encountered during your time here. As for Management, there is always someone here every day from our management team so that will be addressed as well and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. We hope that you will give the Fairfield Inn by Marriott another try on your next visit to Shreveport.

Best Regards,

Addie Bentz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We've been traveling for 3 days cross country for work and have come across these wonderful Fairfield inn hotels by Marriot! Last two days were spent in Flaggstaff and Amirillo, tx.. Both locals were wonderful service and beautifully renovated decor... Large rooms!
This location in Shreveport is an absolute disappointment! We cannot believe the rudeness of the night staff" Lisa" is her name, as we asked for extra towels she had the nerve to ask why I needed so many towels.. I quickly reminded her that my credit card is on file and that I've never had any issue with extra towels in the previous hotels I've recently stayed at. She gave me an odd look and hesitantly brought out more towels. This is absurd and definitely not good representation of the lovely Marriot corp. This hotel although renovated a year and a half ago from what this employee stated, is hardly the vision nor quality of the Marriot group hotels. It's very poor in quality, no mini store, no laundry facility... Perhaps a Motel 6 at best:( I do not recommend this particular hotel at all!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport? Share your experiences!