“Decent With a Couple Hiccups” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Warren, MI
“Decent With a Couple Hiccups”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I would say overall I was satisfied with my stay at this Fairfield Inn although my stay wasn't perfect.

Check-in was a long drawn out process. When I arrived the front desk agent had to manually type in all of my information despite the fact that i had a prepaid reservation so that wasn't a great start.

The 2nd floor hallways were in decent shape although the carpets were in need of a vacuum.

The room was nicely refreshed with a comfortable bed, newer carpeting and a flat screen tv provided. The bathroom was also in good shape. The window in my particular room had calcium deposits on the window which made the window basically useless.

The high speed internet was free and fast.

Breakfast was the second way that this Fairfield Inn failed to impress. They had waffles, bagels and danish provided but when asked they were out of any fresh fruit and sausage patties.

The area surrounding the hotel isn't what i would call bad but was far from a nice area either.

I can give this place a recommendation even if it is a lukewarm one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed one night here. It is convenient to the waterpark and right next door to a Cracker Barrel. I was concerned after reading the negative reviews but took a chance and booked a return visit because our stay last year was so nice. The room was spacious, clean, fresh smelling, quiet. My one criticism is the breakfast attendant. It was 8:00 a.m. and she wasn't present. The supplies were depleted and I finally went to the front desk to ask for assistance. Apparently this is an acceptable thing to the hotel establishment as the receptionist said and I quote "Oh she is probably outside somewhere you know". The waffle mix was depleted and no sausage in the warmer dish and there weren't many eggs left. After a second request someone finally went and found her. She mixed up some waffle mix then left again. We were checking out at 10:00 a.m. and I saw her sitting out back by the pool. Apparently her work ethic is at her convenience. If management would like to discuss this feel free to contact me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Addie B, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear cnh624~

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us again. We would like the opportunity to chat with you about your experience with the breakfast attendant. This should not have occurred and we sincerely apologize. if you have a moment could you please call our general manager at 318-686-0102 and ask for Stephanie Paul to discuss further. Thanks so much.

Best Regards,

Addie Bentz
Director of Sales
Perkins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was really worried after our first hotel on our trip turned out to be kind of awful. But when we got here all worries went out the window. The Fairfield Inn was a wonderful place to stay. The Staff was super nice and helpful. We were asked if we wanted a first floor room instead of the one we were booked for( which we took advantage of). Our room was REALLY clean. Our beds were very comfortable. It wasn't noisy. It made me wish we were staying longer. We had to get up and on the road before the breakfast was available, but they let us take what was already ready with us to eat on the road. I would definitely stay here again as well as recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We stayed on the North side of the building I think. there was no parking along that side so we did...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Texarkana, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Some things were ok but more things were not. When we first arrived, we waited for several minutes just for someone to show up at the front desk. The first room we were assigned reeked of animals and animal urine. The second room was fresh and clean but the microwave was misssing and the mattresses had to be the cheapest mattresses they could find. They reminded me of whats on a sleeper sofa. There wasn't near enough towels, but they did give us more. The hot breakfast items were just flat out gross! You can't mess up muffins, cereal and yogurt. The next day, a different clerk, told me there was no one else there except her. What kind of management leaves one person to an entire hotel, completely booked, on a holiday weekend and at the probably the busiest time of day!? Not that this is a requirement, but the front entrance didn't even have an automatic door. The hotel looks tired and worn. I most definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Addie B, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear happylm~

I apologize about your experience with us this past weekend. We take pride in the Marriott name and we will look into the issues you encountered during your time here. As for Management, there is always someone here every day from our management team so that will be addressed as well and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. We hope that you will give the Fairfield Inn by Marriott another try on your next visit to Shreveport.

Best Regards,

Addie Bentz
Director of Sales
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We've been traveling for 3 days cross country for work and have come across these wonderful Fairfield inn hotels by Marriot! Last two days were spent in Flaggstaff and Amirillo, tx.. Both locals were wonderful service and beautifully renovated decor... Large rooms!
This location in Shreveport is an absolute disappointment! We cannot believe the rudeness of the night staff" Lisa" is her name, as we asked for extra towels she had the nerve to ask why I needed so many towels.. I quickly reminded her that my credit card is on file and that I've never had any issue with extra towels in the previous hotels I've recently stayed at. She gave me an odd look and hesitantly brought out more towels. This is absurd and definitely not good representation of the lovely Marriot corp. This hotel although renovated a year and a half ago from what this employee stated, is hardly the vision nor quality of the Marriot group hotels. It's very poor in quality, no mini store, no laundry facility... Perhaps a Motel 6 at best:( I do not recommend this particular hotel at all!

• Stayed May 2013
Pineville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed three nights recently while in a meeting. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent and what you come to expect in most Fairfield Inns. I worked some during the day from my room and the business center and so I witnessed some of the day-to-day activities. Everybody I met was friendly and hard at work.
My room was clean and quiet. They put me near an exterior door, but rarely did I hear anyone coming or going. The hotel was quite full with a sporting event in town with many families with kids, but I was never disturbed.
I really don't have any major complaints. I did notice a little trash in the ice from the machine, but that's found in most hotel ice machines. They forgot to replenish a wash rag, but that was quickly corrected. The sink drained super slow, but once reported, maintenance came and fixed it very quickly.
This is a good facility and under excellent management. Next time I need a room in the area, this will be the first property on my list!

• Stayed May 2012
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was really surprised by how disappointed I was with my stay here. Made a reservation online so the room was already paid for before check-in. Arrived the evening of April 15th. When I checked in the lady at the desk asked for my credit card and id. After she slid my card through the reader 4 times she then said "oops". Although the room was already paid for she had charged me again for it. She then called Travelocity and was put on hold while we waited 15 minutes at the counter. After that she then said she would just go ahead and give me room keys. I thought that meant I could go to the room while she tried to reverse the charges. I told her I had been driving all day and had been waiting long enough. She then told me " well you haven't been waiting THAT long." Very condescending. I'm still waiting for the charges to be put back on my card. The room was ok, pretty standard except the air conditioner didn't work right. We had to get up and turn it off then back on again to cool the room. This went on all night long. Beware of this hotel! Will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Shreveport Airport? Share your experiences!