“OVER NIGHT EXTRA” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Dallas, Texas
“OVER NIGHT EXTRA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was in a great location on my way to new Orleans, easy to find near great eating places.
Staff was very Friendly, the overall building could use a make over , but the room was very clean and fresh feeling. Security door to the back tower was not working , anyone could walk right in with out a Key. So made sure I kept all locks secured at all times.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I have addressed your concern with engineering. Thank you for your comments regarding the staff as I will pass along your kind words. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again as you travel through the Shreveport area!

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Window treatments were falling. Elevators were hot. Just not up to Holiday Inn standards. The pool water was a weird color. Desk staff was slow. Close to the airport and not too far from casinos. Orange juice from previous guest was in fridge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the refrigerator not being clean and the elevators being hot during your stay at the hotel. I have addressed your concerns with each manager including the pool color to ensure the issues are addressed so other guests do not experience the same issues. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Alexandria, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I really loved this place. Some background first. My father had to have a triple bypass and I had opted to stay with relatives for the first couple of days, but that in itself became exhausting to me. I just needed a place to go be by myself with my 7 year old son to de-stress. We originally received a courtesy room from Willis Knighton North, but upon getting to the room I realized that there was no bath or shower and the wing was very noisy. Having never used the name your own price website, I decided to give it a whirl. They had express deals and one of them was a $40 3 star hotel near the airport so I booked it with no hesitation. Upon arriving, I couldn't have been more pleased. The location is off of I-20, but it is actually in a more secluded wooded area (i.e. no interstate/airport noise). The place is old, yes, but it is huge and has a very resort like feel to it. Check in was a breeze and everyone there was very nice. The hotel has been reasonably updated and the beds and pillows were very comfy. Everything in our room was immaculate and the air conditioner was awesome. We were never hot, as some previous reviewers have stated. In fact, my son commented that he was freezing when we awoke. The pool area was amazing and did not reek of chlorine as from previous posts. There is a huge indoor pool with a hot tub in an atrium that connects via a 10' outlet to a huge outside pool with a hot tub. There was more than ample patio space for lots of people to hang out. I also got a chance to catch up on my laundry while we were there. The next morning my son wanted to go to the gym and it was a cool set up with all the basics and a flat screen tv to watch while you work out. We loved it so much that two days later we stayed again. Same experience, but this time I got to enjoy the bar before heading to the pool. We slept in both days so we didn't get a chance to try the breakfast, but you have the option of hanging the card on your door before midnight if you want room service for breakfast. There was a continental breakfast with choices of cereal, fruits, yogurt, toast, etc. and a more meaty option. They were about $10 - $12 (not including 19% gratuity) depending on which you wanted. They had a restaurant, and kids under 12 eat free with an adult meal, but again, we didn't get a chance to go since we slept in. I loved this place, and have every intention of making this our go to place for my son's travel ball team next spring, regardless of how far away the baseball fields are from the hotel. It had everything we could have needed.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor the nights we were there and had no problems.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is our mission to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We hope your father has a speedy and full recovery. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Recently had to stay here for work. The location was close to everything I needed. Also I was working nights and sleeping during the day and I did not get disturbed. I did not use the pool or other facilities so I can not comment, but the room was nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. Even though you work at night, our goal is to provide you an excellent nights sleep even during the daytime hours. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again when you next visit the Shreveport area!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times for work and for 2 weeks strait back in 2011. It has gone down hill in the last several years. It does appear they have tried to remodel the rooms but the AC units need updated. When I checked in they had my name wrong and told me it was because priority club had it wrong, I had stayed at 2 other Holiday Inns the same week and it was not wrong at them. That was worked out and not a big deal but the overall hotel is just run down. The chlorine was so strong in the lobby/bar area that it burnt my eyes while trying to set at the bar. My company sends a lot of people to Shreveport and they used to always stay here but I have heard from several of them that they won't be staying here again either because of how run down it's getting. I will probably stay at Holiday Inn again but not this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. Your review allows the hotel to make the necessary changes to ensure we meet our mission which is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced while checking into the hotel and the strong smell of chlorine from the indoor pool. I have addressed your concerns with the front office and engineering so other guests do not experience the same issues. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Brenham, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a stopover hotel on our way back home. We called ahead for a reservation and have to say we had the most courteous person take our booking. On arrival at the hotel a short while later, the check-in process was quick and efficient. Comfortable room and bed/ pillows. The rooms could use a little upgrading/ renovation (sound proof windows are needed with the proximity to the Interstate (I-20)). Breakfast and check-out were equally enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. Thank you for the kind words regarding the reservation associate being courteous. I will pass along to the front desk associates your comments regarding the smooth check-in process. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Owasso, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

As a priority club member, my keys are always ready at front desk at check-in, not here! It took about 15 minutes to get checked in and the lobby was extremely hot. I asked for a low floor on my profile, so they put me on the top floor. When I stepped off the elevator the popcorn ceiling was laying in the hall. The HVAC system had problems, my room was hot all night. Another thing I expect is express check-out "bill under door when I get up in the morning", had to go to desk and wait to check out. They did not even offer coffee in the lobby. I have stayed about 50 nights this year, and this was the worst experience in several years. I was very surprised I have stayed over 30 nights in IHG properties this year and this gives the brand a bad name, I have been very pleased with the others.

Room Tip: find another property.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is our mission to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the issues(HVAC, ceiling falling down, lobby coffee, check-in, & check-out) you experienced during your stay at the hotel. I have addressed your concerns with each manager to ensure the issues are addressed so other guests do not experience the same issues. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West? Share your experiences!