“Excellent staff........” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Brenham, Texas
“Excellent staff........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a stopover hotel on our way back home. We called ahead for a reservation and have to say we had the most courteous person take our booking. On arrival at the hotel a short while later, the check-in process was quick and efficient. Comfortable room and bed/ pillows. The rooms could use a little upgrading/ renovation (sound proof windows are needed with the proximity to the Interstate (I-20)). Breakfast and check-out were equally enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. Thank you for the kind words regarding the reservation associate being courteous. I will pass along to the front desk associates your comments regarding the smooth check-in process. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Owasso, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

As a priority club member, my keys are always ready at front desk at check-in, not here! It took about 15 minutes to get checked in and the lobby was extremely hot. I asked for a low floor on my profile, so they put me on the top floor. When I stepped off the elevator the popcorn ceiling was laying in the hall. The HVAC system had problems, my room was hot all night. Another thing I expect is express check-out "bill under door when I get up in the morning", had to go to desk and wait to check out. They did not even offer coffee in the lobby. I have stayed about 50 nights this year, and this was the worst experience in several years. I was very surprised I have stayed over 30 nights in IHG properties this year and this gives the brand a bad name, I have been very pleased with the others.

Room Tip: find another property.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is our mission to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the issues(HVAC, ceiling falling down, lobby coffee, check-in, & check-out) you experienced during your stay at the hotel. I have addressed your concerns with each manager to ensure the issues are addressed so other guests do not experience the same issues. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

i would like to give the holiday inn a big 2 thumbs up. we felt right at home and really enjoyed our stay! we will def be back!!! we had to stay for our sons ball team and we will tell everyone they need to stay here! the rooms where very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful..if we needed something there was no wait! they tookj very good care of us

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

It went from ok to bad to worse. They missunderstood our dates we wanted turned our keys off twice and says its not their fault and blamed us for accepting the keys the night before we actually came to the room. They didnt explain anything to us so we thought we jus got our room keys so we didnt hav to check in the next day which was the day we were suppose to check in but they marked us as if we were checking in that night and thats not wat we said. Then we trying to tell the front desk lady that the man that gave us the keys didnt tell us anything she wasnt listening to us. She had an attitude and said she'll charge us for d night before which was already payed for and charge us to get our stuff out of the room.. one of the front desk clerks was nice and tryed to help until that other lasy got an attitude with her and she just stopped trying and let her handle it... The pool was dirty. Smelled lik the hot tub was full of bleach. The rooms arent that big and that nice for the price to be $100+ a night. Then every morning room service knocked on the door n then constantly tryed to get in even when we didnt answer. If we didnt lock that top lock they would jus walk in on us. Our stay was horrible. I would never come here again. The proce is too much to get treated the way we got treated during our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to each guest. I sincerely apologize the level of service you received during your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations. I have addressed your concerns with each manager regarding your check-in, the pool, and the hot tub. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The weekend started off with our credit card being stolen while enroute to the hotel, not the hotels fault of course, but we used this card to book the advanced.purchase rate. While driving we cancelled the card and called the hotel to let them know we would be using a different card and told them the circumstances and informed them we would.now be a late arrival. We finally arrive, the hotel is easy enough to access and close to restaurants, etc. After standing at the front desk for about 10 minutes trying to get an employees attention back behind the wall, out stumbles their night clerk. We proceed to check in. we booked one room, two beds for two nights, after being given an incredibly rude lecture about my card being declined, (same one I already called him about) and using another card to pay we are finally handed keys and given a room number. We get to the room and its a single king bed. This won't work. After calling down to the front desk, and being told there were no other rooms available, I sent my husband down to deal with the clerk. On the phone with the night clerk I was told verbatim, " a reservation is a request only and not a guarantee!". I was floored by this idiot. We are then told we could have a room with a sofa bed. I declined, I booked and have now given you a credit card for a specific room, I expect that room. 45 minutes later at 130 in the morning, miraculously a room appears suddenly.
This was only the beginning. The halls were dirty, trash and soiled linens in the hall. A sight expected while housekeeping is working, but not in the overnight hours. At first we thought it might have just been a single guest, but during our 45 minute scavenger hunt for a room, we noticed them in every hallway.

Get to the room, bedspread was dirty. Ugh, seriously! We gave up and used our own blankets that night.

Housekeeping NEVER took the trash out while we were there! The room was large but HOT! Even at the coolest setting it never got below 75 or so.

Finally, check out day had arrived! I' never been so greatful to leave a hotel!
_Sadly even leaving was an issue, we checked our rapid check out summary only to find out we weren't charged the rate we booked, but a new rate of $43 more per night! I was LIVID! The clerk had changed our rate and NEVER mentioned this! We certainly would not have stayed here if we would have known this.

Dishonest staff members, dirty hotel, nasty nasty place. I wouldnt stay here again if I was paid too! I'm a loyal holiday inn guest and have been for 28 years and this was certainly subpar by far! The only thing this hotel has going for it was the manager this morning that dealt with our situation.above and beyond what she had to, which was appreciated and the super sweet and attentive waitress during brunch named Martha. She was the only good thing I have to say about his hotel.

Multiple photos of trash, dirtied hallways, and broken fixtures are attached to my review. I really wanted to like this place as we go to Shreveport often, but will NEVER again stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear J D,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, LA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was greeted with the warmest of welcomes. The front staff was very friendly, I was checked in fairly quickly & they reassured me that if I had any issues to let them know. Once I got to my room it was very clean & smelled clean as well. The beds were neatly made, bathroom was clean, & the overall hotel staff accommodated me with all of my needs. I will be returning to stay again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Jud S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor concerning your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. It is our mission to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests and it is very uplifting when we accomplish that and our customers recognize us for doing just that. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us along with everyone else who might find this review helpful when choosing their accommodations in Shreveport, Louisiana. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Pinson, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was impressed when we walked in, the lobby area was different than other hotels we've stayed at. However, the impressed feeling quickly subsided once we arrived at our room, room 125 on 6/15. We were not told that our room was wheelchair accessible, meaning that there was NO bathtub (which is not good when you are traveling with young children). The hotel is old, the room smelled, even the water smelled, the air conditioner was loud, thermostat was from the 70's. Worst of it all, I was awaken at 5 am to the shower on...or so I thought. Walked into the bathroom to turn the shower off to see that it was in fact water coming from the ceiling...at a steadily fast rate.Called front desk, nothing. Sheets were just that, fitted sheet on the bottom and 2 top sheets for the comforter with small pillows. Sofa bed was unbearable to sleep on. Walls are thin, was awaken many times from the opening and closing of other room doors. The only positive comments-hotel staff, they were very friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with us. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and that we had you in a room that was not accommodating for your family. I would love the chance to make it right next time you are in town. Please feel free to contact me if you ever visit the area again, and I will personally see to it that you are taken care of with the highest level of service that you have come to expect from Holiday Inn hotels. Thank you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West? Share your experiences!