“Not as bad as some reviews say” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Shreveport Airport

You added Ramada Shreveport Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Shreveport Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5555 Financial Plaza, Shreveport, LA 71129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West)   |
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
San Luis Obispo CA
“Not as bad as some reviews say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading reviews I was worried about staying here, but we were part of a large group and did not have a choice on where to stay. Our stay was definitely better than previous reviewers reported. However, we did encounter the lack of air conditioning. When we called the front desk, they immediately sent an incredibly friendly maintenance person, who got cold air running in just a few minutes. According to him, the hotel's heating/ac system is old and will not switch between the two on its own. Therefore, if the previous guest wanted heat, it is stuck on heat until someone goes into the ceiling and switches it! My only other concern was cleanliness. Although the room looked clean, I found hairs and lids from shampoo/conditioner in the shower. Had the shower been cleaned after the last guest left?? Did not appear so!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
On behalf of myself, and the entire staff we would like to thank for the kind remarks you recently posted on TripAdvisor detailing your experiences at our hotel during your recent stay. It is our intent to make you feel at home and to not just meet your expectations, but to exceed them. The issue of the cleanliness of the shower has been addressed by our Executive Housekeeper. We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Forsyth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

General Manager Jud I spoke to you already and you know my concerns. I just want to warn future guests about your PARTY atmosphere. Friday and Saturday the noise level of the music allowed in the rented banquet hall spaces was absolutely unacceptable, especially for a Southern Holiday Inn Franchise hotel. I am glad to say that I am not from Louisiana, because our hotels, especially our Holiday Inns do not allow such parties to interfere with the comfort of their over night guests. There was absolutely NO Southern Hospitality rendered in your establishment, and what a shame to consider it so.
The front desk LADIES were very helpful and friendly and attempted to help ease the situations, but the actions of the rude late night desk man were absolutely unacceptable. I have never, in all my years of traveling, been treated so rudely.
The hotel was clean, and my bed was fairly comfortable. However, the Hot Tub that my husband and I looked forward to enjoying was not working. The facility seems to be older and as expected with an older building there were signs of wear, but not at all offensive.
I truly hope that you can properly train your staff to exhibit the demeanor expected of Holiday Inn Franchise Hotels, it truly was a shame to know that I could have such a bad experience in my favorite Hotel Chain.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the Lobby, there will be an unbearable amount of music playing late into the night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We realize you have many choices to choose from for your lodging needs, and we truly appreciate your business. I am certainly sorry we failed to meet your expectations in all areas of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the wedding receptions that were disruptive to you and your family while you were enjoying the hotel. I will pass on your positive comments regarding our front desk ladies and will discuss the unacceptable actions you encountered with the appropriate team members. I am sorry to say that the whirlpool was not operating during your stay, as we have had to replace the heating unit. Again, please accept my sincere apologies that every aspect of your stay was not enjoyable and I do hope you will give us another try if you ever visit the Shreveport area again.
Lauderdale, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Coming back from a trip with the family, decided to spend the night here because of how tired we were. The motorcycle convention in the front should have clued me in.

The good things: Staff was friendly enough. Liked the interior of lobby/public areas because it was something other than the standard cookie-cutter, modern hotels. Pool was heated and was hit with kids due to indoor/outdoor design.

The hmmm...: Beds were small for a Holiday Inn. Full-size beds at these rates? Really? Mostly in good shape and clean, saw some sign of wear. Hot tub was not working.

The BAD: When first arrived, there was some kind of party going and several bikers in parking lot fooling around. One nearly struck my youngest as she was getting out of truck. Luckily it died down before midnight. (I cannot hold bad behavior of guests toward hotels too much, but it will leave a bad first impression!) After checking in, was told door locks were not working and had to have security open our door. (Epic Fail notice.) The towels in bathroom were till damp (I wonder if they were washed and not dried fully or if they were just folded up after last user?) A/C was not working well. Fan was blowing but not cold. Room thermostat was like those fake twisty things you'd see in a plastic child's playhouse. Could not sleep well at all due to temp. Room had a balcony (A pretend one maybe?) but unable to use it due to a security lock on it. Maybe to keep guest from leaping off it after they realized they paid to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank your for submitting your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. We are happy that you liked the friendliness of our staff and interior/lobby, pubic areas and pool. However, we would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced. The noted issues will be looked into. Your feedback is very important to us as it assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

After bidding on Price line and getting this hotel while on a road trip between Dallas, Houston and the Gulf Coast and back we were a little frightened by many of the reviews. After getting to the hotel our fears slowly started to dissipate as we were met by a very pleasant and helpful front desk team.

We went up to our room and again were pleasantly surprised with the quality and appearance of the room. Newer TV, clean sheets, floor, bathroom. No smells.

Quality of the WIFI, important for us as we work from the road, was good.

Breakfast at the restaurant was standard Holiday Inn menu. Tasty "Full Breakfast" scrambled eggs with sausage.

It is an older property, yes. The hotel management in its replies admit to that. But they are doing the best they can with what they have and make every attempt to make your stay a pleasant one.

Don't be afraid of this hotel; clean and acceptable accommodations.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and get the feeling this might be one of the better floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking to the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. Your kind remarks are much appreciated by both myself and our associates. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport, Louisiana area.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with a business group to attend a meeting there. Everything was reasonably clean but I guess I expected better treatment because we had 50+ people staying there utilizing two of their meeting rooms. It turned out, however, that there was a bigger group there for one night so they received all the attention to detail. Would I stay there again...possibly. Will I plan another meeting there...probably not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. We are pleased that you found the condition of our hotel satisfactory. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced with your meeting room. Please know that this will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and will work to correct any unsatisfactory experience. At your convenience, it would be helpful for us if you could call and give us specifics of your meeting. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.
Allen, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I found this hotel on Hotwire.com for $45 per night for two nights over the weekend. Thought I'd take a chance even after reading the mixed bag of reviews.

Overall the hotel is not bad - a little dated in decore - but not bad. The service was excellent and the hotel was VERY clean. I ordered room service for breakfast and the food arrived fast, hot and well prepared. I arrive very late at night, and although the pool area was closed the front desk agent allowed me to get into the hot tub - a much needed relaxing break after a 3 hour drive from Dallas.

The only issue that I have is the bed is as stiff as a board. The linen is clean and the pillows are comfortable (although we really don't care for 5 small pillows - give us 4 good sized ones instead), we are used to a pillow top so we had trouble sleeping as a result.

Overall, aside from the stiff bed it was a good experience!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators as the vending/ice machines are right next to the guest rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. Your kind remarks and details of your positive experience with our hotel are appreciated by the entire staff. I would like to apologize for the “super firm bed”, we recently replaced most of the mattress with new pillow-top mattresses, this is one of our on-going upgrades per our standards. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I tried to cancel my reservations after I saw the reviews on this site, but Expedia wouldn't let me. I am SO happy that I did not change...
Checking in very late, I was exhausted. Douglas, the desk clerk,w as helpful, kind, and honest. The upgrade to a suite was an unexpected but very welcome gift. The helpful assistance from one of the employees made unloading a breeze (and he even graciously said "No tip necessary!." The after-hours use of the whirlpool took away the achy-ness from the long drive and made the transition from traveler to visitor a great experience.
Parking was very close to the room and was well-lit and secure. The two room suite was comfortably appointed, lots of space, easy WiFi access, two televisions, thermostat worked great, and the king size bed was clean, just-firm-enough, and filled with pillows and blankets. The fridge in the room had some ice build up but it still worked great (and the culprit for the problem was a previous guest who left the setting on the coldest temp.)
The indoor pool was heated but not hot and whirlpool was steamy; a perfect combination for total relaxation. Everything was antiseptically clean, well-lit, and in spite of the vast interior, had plenty of small spaces for personal conversation.
Was the hotel brand-new? No. Was the hotel ultra modern? No. HOWEVER, it was spacious, comfortable, clean, relaxing and cost less than 1/3 of those brand new sterile box hotels. Will definitely go back, time and time again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor concerning your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport West. It is our mission to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests and it is very uplifting when we accomplish that mission and our customers recognize us for doing just that. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us along with everyone else who might find this review helpful when choosing their accommodations in Shreveport, Louisiana. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!