“You've Gotta Know Where To Sleep” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   102 Lake Street, Shreveport, LA 71101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
A TripAdvisor Member
“You've Gotta Know Where To Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2005

My husband was booked to stay at this hotel for the LA Juvenile Officers' Conference and I tagged along. We had no choice as to where to stay because of the conference being held there, but after reading the reviews I was terrified. However, BECAUSE of the reviews I knew to ask for a room facing the front and not the tracks.

Our stay was absolutely wonderful! In fact, we enjoyed it so much that after the first night I came back home and brought our son for the rest of the week. On our last night there, our daughter and granddaughter came over and rented a room to spend time with us.

The room we had was very nice, very clean -- no bugs, mold, mildew -- and the air conditioning and room-darkening curtains worked fine.

The only bad comments were DON'T eat there and the ice machines were very tempermental and only worked half the time. However, the front desk was ALWAYS more than willing to get ice.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

Trains, Noise, Bugs, Roaches, Plumbing Problems, Rude Staff, Musty Smell, Raggy Bedding and down right unsanitary. Need I say more?

• Stayed March 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2005

Shreveport: Lousiana

Do not get the rooms around the elevator. Unless you are planning not to sleep at night. And the evaporated hydrolic oil of the elevator makes the room stink plus gives you headaches. Not very freindly guest services. Some are rude as well.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2005

What was supposed to be a nice weekend get away for my family turned into the trip from hell. Lost reservations, filthy rooms and the "could care less" attitude of the staff caused us to shorten our 3 night stay to 1 night. I will NEVER stay at that rat hole again.

fort worth, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2004

This place is a $40/night motel posing as something better. Almost everything pointed out in previous reviews i have to agree with - someone suggested that safety was a concern, and i didn't sense that. But the bad smells and generally poor maintenance and cleaning were obvious. I even had a roach visit me. Renovations are in progress, but they seem to be superficial. To its credit, the hotel offers free in-room high speed internet, which is always a nice amenity.

I'll be back to visit shreveport, but i will not stay at the holiday inn, nor will i recommend it to anyone i know, unless i find out that the on-going renovations are more substantive than i believe them to be.

dallas, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2004

What the heck!! I am not a picky person, believe me... I can not believe the state this hotel was in.

It is being renovated... but I doubt the room I stayed in had anything done to it. The room itself was nice and clean, but the bathroom needed quite a bit of help. The hotel itself smelled musty.

But here is the best part... the room had no darkening curtains. Only the sheers. It at first appeared as there were darkening curtains... but they do not have a track. They are stationary. Maybe it would not have been a big deal except that the side of the hotel they put us on was the side the sun rises. Nice and early. And the maid service knocked on the door at 9:00 am. (with a do not disturb sign on the door). I guess they wanted to get rid of us early.

I am a deep sleeper, but he train did wake me up. Several times. Or maybe it was the lack of being able to sleep with sunlight coming into my room.

I did not believe the other reviews on this website about this certain hotel. I thought people were just way too picky. Heed this warning. Stay far far away. Cancel your reservation now and find a better place. Spend the extra money, it you can. This hotel is just awful. Save yourselves. Seriously.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2004

Staff is as abrasive as the surroundings! Mold is evident the minute you enter, Save your money

Been to Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown? Share your experiences!