“Get a room in the high numbers away from the train!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Nashville, Tennessee
“Get a room in the high numbers away from the train!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a good stay but my friends stayed in a different area and heard the club and train noise all night. This is the hotel the convention picked which is why I stayed here. Also, this hotel is under mass renovation and very overpriced! I suggest biting the price bullet if possible and stay at one of the casinos or a more upscale hotel. Staff was good. The hotel has a restaurant so be prepared to pay. The did not even have lobby coffee for early exiters.

Room Tip: get a room near the lobby area on front of hotel
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

I never write reviews, but felt like this experience deserved one. I showed up with 4 other coworkers for a three night stay at the hotel. I immediately smelled smoke in the lobby which I'm extremely sensitive to, so I gave it a shot anyways and checked in. Three of us had problems in the room. I had a double queen room, both beds had pubic hairs on them. The toilet wasn't cleaned and had poo stains still in the bowl. Another room had pubic hairs on the bathroom floor, and another had some other type of hair on both beds (all hair was under the comforter and on the sheets). Needless to say, we all ended up canceling our stay and reserving rooms down the street at The Hilton Garden Inn. On the other hand, the customer service that night when we checked in was amazing. She was so sweet and felt horrible when we told her the problem. I won't ever stay there again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Girlmeetsworld16,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Shreveport.

Karen G.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

I had some issues at this property, but I happy to announce that General Manager Ed S really cares about his guest experience. I filled out a survey online, and Ed graciously emailed me back to follow-up on my stay. Ed made it right, and restored my faith to this brand, and hotel. The other employees need to learn from Ed customer service expertise. Thank you Ed for turning my stay around.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sulphur, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015 via mobile

I was here with a group/conference. The first thing they did was loose a lot of our reservations, but they had the rooms. The Breakfast buffet was very good and the staff wonderful. I can't say so much for the evening meal.

The rooms where nice, and the staff got us anything we needed.

But if location is everything, this is not it. The hotel is built in the confluence of THREE major train tracks. There are trains going by all hours of the day and night. If trains bother you DON'T stay here. Our room was on the 4th floor and it was still quite noisy.

• Stayed February 2015
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

The title says it all, tried to check in with a terribly rood front desk employee. Once to my room I turned on the heat but even after an hour it was still freezing because the AC/heating unit wasn't sealed in the wall right so cold outside air literally overpowered the heater. I had to move rooms much to the sigrin of the terrible terrible front desk woman. Once to my second room I finally received a bit of heat and went to take a shower only to notice this room just like the other didn't have any soap, no face soap no body soap, no soap. After trying to call housekeeping and the front desk (neither picked up until I used my cell to call the actual number) I walked downstairs to find out they are out of soap. They obviously ran out of any descent laundry detergent as every fabric in the joint was basically sand paper. I'm a 25 Ur old man, not some old bitter woman with a bone to pick, and this hotel is bloody terrible. Do not stay here or in any other hotel in downtown Shreveport. They're all trash.

• Stayed February 2015
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2015
Dear Ben P,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the sub par service that you received and the facilities that were not working in the room.

Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We have sent you a private message to get more information regarding your stay. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Ivy A.
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

My husband travels frequently for work. He stayed here passing through.(he did not book this hotel himself- work did) While the downstairs was decent (lobby, bar) the room was not acceptable. Even though it was supposedly recently updated (the hotel) his hotel room had 1) unusable closet door- the bifold door was completely off the track, folded up and leaning into the closet. 2) the drawers under the tv cabinet were off and hanging loose 3) there was a hole in the bathroom wall, the newest layer of paint had peeled away a big spot and it apparently was where a rack or holder (like hairdryer??) was supposed to go but was missing.
There are plenty other accommodations in the Shreveport/Bossier area to stay in, this is not one to consider. It has gone down over the past several years that is for sure. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: This hotel is literally feet from a busy/commercial train tracks area toward the back and side of th...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, February 23, 2015
Dear TraceyCats,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is truly disheartening to know that some of our room amenities fell below your expectations and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these may have caused. I have taken note of your comments and rest assured that these will be shared to the right people. I am confident that actions will be taken accordingly in order to make your future stays more desirable.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. I truly hope that you will give us another chance to host you again.

Faith R
West Monroe, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

I do not recommend this hotel. With 1-20 and the Spring Street Exit right outside the window, it is like you are in the middle of a NASCAR race all night long; then the train comes by blowing its horn. Miserable! The desk clerk joked about putting us on the quiet side of the hotel - not funny! The air conditioner continues to click on and off no matter the setting - unless turned off. Turn the ac off and the room spray cover up smell will suffocate you. Finally fall asleep only to be awakened by the desk clerk calling to ask if we called for a wake up call in the morning (WE DID NOT). Awake now and writing this review. Terrible place to stay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear Cot22,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the noise levels may have caused. We would love to have an opportunity to regain your faith in us so I have sent you a private message.

I look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Faith R
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown? Share your experiences!