“Just stay somewhere else.” 2 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   102 Lake Street, Shreveport, LA 71101   |
Ranked #33 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Seaford, Delaware
“Just stay somewhere else.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don't want to pile on, as I'm sure you read the previous reviews, but this hotel is an old property that desperately needs a renovation. I will say that it's in a conveinent location; we were there for a combined mini vacation to take in the Mug Bug Festival, my military reunion and to see some friends and family, so we weren't in the room much. The room air conditioners are very loud.The only thing that can be heard over them are ear splitting trains that pass by literally 20 feet from the north side of the hotel and reminded me of the scene in "My Cousin Vinny". The hallways were sweltering hot in late May; I can't imagine what they would be like during a typical Louisiana summer. The staff is very nice and realize the limitations of the hotel. If you need a place downtown to stay for a max of one night and every other place is booked, I suppose you could stay here, but keep your expectations low.

Room Tip: Definitely don't get a room on the north (train tracks) side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Freddiefokker,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning and noise issues you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. This issue will be addressed immediately. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the manager on duty.

Karen G.

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I have to stay here a week. The windows won't shut, I had to be moved to another room because the tv didn't work, the room looks like a sleazy hooker hotel, microwave in the room, but doesn't work and neither does the fridge. There are holes in the wall to where I can see straight outside and hear the train pass and I don't even have walls to mask the sound or muffle it! Scared, tired, disappointed. And it's bright as hell because the curtains don't close.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Doric8,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry the room you received on your recent stay did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Joel B
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went in for a baseball tournament. Spent minimal time there but time there was fine. Great location if you want downtown activities, Casino's. It's a typical downtown location, crowd but trains at night interesting. If you are a light sleeper this is gonna cause you PAIN. If you can sleep to anything, no worries. Price a little high but given options, it worked.

Lots of renovation also going on. 6th floor had NO CARPET but assuming at some point SOON, new carpet is in.

Room Tip: Get room opposite side of TRAINS.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Vinny_Vegaz,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I am happy you liked the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the hotel outside noise. I truly value your comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer.

Zelyn N
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

When I arrived, the two guys at the front desk were 'arguing' about one of them taking off. Then when I finally got to the room, and tried to take a shower, there was no conditioner, which isn't a big deal... but the towels are made out of what I can only image to be a cheap sandpaper. When I got in bed and turned on the TV, the train right behind the hotel started passing. The loading station is right there so this happens ALL night. Also, the listing says complimentary breakfasts, but you better check before you book because you have to have a coupon that only comes with certain rooms. I got it, but I had to go back up to the front desk and ask for it. I'd rather go to jail for a night than stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear iin33danadult,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I’m very disappointed to read about your experience on your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I apologize that we were not able to deliver based on your expectations on this day most especially with the amenities and noise levels experienced. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before I book a room at any hotel, I read at least 30 reviews. I know some guests stretch the truth just to degrade the hotel because "I work at a hotel". I never thought that I would be making an entry after my stay at this hotel because I didn't expect to run into any problems but my issue was not mentioned in any of the reviews posted. I called days before to confirm my reservation (twice) and I advise anyone who is reading this to make this a traveling practice. I will not mention the staff names due to privacy issues however, if management wants the names, I will be more than happy to fill in the blanks. When my guest and I arrived, we were kindly told that we didn't have a room. NO ROOM. How could that be when I confirmed it twice with________? was my reply. The kind gentlemen, ______, asked that I give him a moment to look at another screen. He found my reservation which was posted as a "NO SHOW" for the previous day. My first and last name was totally spelled wrong and the confirmation number didn't help. Now, I have A ROOM. We didn't experience the train because we were not in the hotel until the wee hours of the morning. The rooms are like most hotel rooms, If you look hard enough, you will see it needs more detail cleaning just like most of your homes. LOL The bed was comfortable and the water in the shower was hot. Now, it's 10:45am and my guest awaken me because it's almost check-out time. She said, you were resting so well that I didn't wanna bother you but who else do you have in this hotel? Then, she handed me the bill. I quickly got dressed and went to the front desk. The slowest, unconcern, did not wanna come to work person, _________, said I do not know how that happen. Are you sure you didn't have TWO ROOMS? At this point, I almost lost it! I told her what the problem was and she was like, oh yeah. That might be it. How about that? (The staff need to be trained and then be placed on the train that goes by this hotel!!!!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor not facing the train tracks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Gerome H,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The train was going by all night!! My husband and I couldn't sleep. Then, the next day we asked if the shuttle was up running, we were told yes. When we called for a pick up, they said, it was down. They suggested we walk back from the boardwalk area or take a taxi. We decided to walk with our 16 yr old. Good thing it was a nice day! They didn't even apologize. Plus, the toilet didn't flush properly. We turned in a work order. Never knew if it got fixed or night. Paided for 2 nights, left that Saturday. Will never stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Susan M.

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Shreveport.

Zelyn N
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed here six times over the last three months and after reading some of the other reviews, I feel compelled to review it myself. It's a good hotel and they keep it quiet there. The rooms are clean and the property feels safe. I even brought my wife and son with me on two business trips to Shreveport and we stayed there. Safety isn't an issue. And like I said, the rooms are clean. I've stayed in several different rooms and found them just fine, especially when you consider the price is fairly reasonable. Yes there are some train tracks down the ways a bit but if people want to complain, they'll complain about something. Highways, train tracks, the city, they'll find something. It's a good hotel and I've truly enjoyed it. When I'm in Shreveport I'll keep on staying there. The staff are really polite and very professional, as well as knowledgeable about the area. I've gotten some great recommendations on places to eat and sights to see from their clerks and even one of the maintenance guys. They make you feel like home when you're away from home. After only a couple of visits the office know my name, know my preferences, and make me feel like I'm staying at the Ritz. If you're looking for a quiet, clean, safe place to stay for a very reasonable price then look no further.

Room Tip: All the rooms I stayed in were great, but they have smoking rooms on a seperate floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown? Share your experiences!