“No room + A room = Two rooms???” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   102 Lake Street, Shreveport, LA 71101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Jackson, Mississippi
“No room + A room = Two rooms???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before I book a room at any hotel, I read at least 30 reviews. I know some guests stretch the truth just to degrade the hotel because "I work at a hotel". I never thought that I would be making an entry after my stay at this hotel because I didn't expect to run into any problems but my issue was not mentioned in any of the reviews posted. I called days before to confirm my reservation (twice) and I advise anyone who is reading this to make this a traveling practice. I will not mention the staff names due to privacy issues however, if management wants the names, I will be more than happy to fill in the blanks. When my guest and I arrived, we were kindly told that we didn't have a room. NO ROOM. How could that be when I confirmed it twice with________? was my reply. The kind gentlemen, ______, asked that I give him a moment to look at another screen. He found my reservation which was posted as a "NO SHOW" for the previous day. My first and last name was totally spelled wrong and the confirmation number didn't help. Now, I have A ROOM. We didn't experience the train because we were not in the hotel until the wee hours of the morning. The rooms are like most hotel rooms, If you look hard enough, you will see it needs more detail cleaning just like most of your homes. LOL The bed was comfortable and the water in the shower was hot. Now, it's 10:45am and my guest awaken me because it's almost check-out time. She said, you were resting so well that I didn't wanna bother you but who else do you have in this hotel? Then, she handed me the bill. I quickly got dressed and went to the front desk. The slowest, unconcern, did not wanna come to work person, _________, said I do not know how that happen. Are you sure you didn't have TWO ROOMS? At this point, I almost lost it! I told her what the problem was and she was like, oh yeah. That might be it. How about that? (The staff need to be trained and then be placed on the train that goes by this hotel!!!!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor not facing the train tracks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Gerome H,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The train was going by all night!! My husband and I couldn't sleep. Then, the next day we asked if the shuttle was up running, we were told yes. When we called for a pick up, they said, it was down. They suggested we walk back from the boardwalk area or take a taxi. We decided to walk with our 16 yr old. Good thing it was a nice day! They didn't even apologize. Plus, the toilet didn't flush properly. We turned in a work order. Never knew if it got fixed or night. Paided for 2 nights, left that Saturday. Will never stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Susan M.

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Shreveport.

Zelyn N
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed here six times over the last three months and after reading some of the other reviews, I feel compelled to review it myself. It's a good hotel and they keep it quiet there. The rooms are clean and the property feels safe. I even brought my wife and son with me on two business trips to Shreveport and we stayed there. Safety isn't an issue. And like I said, the rooms are clean. I've stayed in several different rooms and found them just fine, especially when you consider the price is fairly reasonable. Yes there are some train tracks down the ways a bit but if people want to complain, they'll complain about something. Highways, train tracks, the city, they'll find something. It's a good hotel and I've truly enjoyed it. When I'm in Shreveport I'll keep on staying there. The staff are really polite and very professional, as well as knowledgeable about the area. I've gotten some great recommendations on places to eat and sights to see from their clerks and even one of the maintenance guys. They make you feel like home when you're away from home. After only a couple of visits the office know my name, know my preferences, and make me feel like I'm staying at the Ritz. If you're looking for a quiet, clean, safe place to stay for a very reasonable price then look no further.

Room Tip: All the rooms I stayed in were great, but they have smoking rooms on a seperate floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Outside is dirty, lobby is ok. Elevator would not close because it was falling apart. Toilet stain and sink old and dirty. Beds are squeaky. Also beware of the train that comes by a lot . I will probably would not stay here when we come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Maria G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I would like to apologize that you were not satisfied with this visit due to the condition of the room you were given and issues experienced with the maintenance levels on site. I have taken note of your feedback and we will use this to improve on our services.

Again, many thanks for the review and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

One night stay in town for Mardi Gras parade. Hotel is being renovated but no major problems. Saw wallpaper being hung in Lobby area & spackle on walls waiting for remodel & painting. Room 408 was clean & bed was very comfortable. Train tracks outside our window but didn't bother us. Have stayed at this p
hotel many times over the years & always a good stay. Should be really nice once renovations are completed. Short walk to parade route & El Dorado Casino & Sam's Town Casino. Will stay here again because of comfort, service, price & location. Bar & restaurant on property.

Room Tip: Heavy train traffic by pool side rooms but noise didn't bother us. You may want to request room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This had to be the worst place I have ever stayed! I can't believe the Holiday Inn name is on this place. I didn't even want to stay but after driving 8hrs and prepaid for staying, I need some sleep. Well, how can one sleep due to the train being right next to the building, so didn't really get any sleep.

Only one elevator was working, my handicap parents and I were on the 6th floor waiting for 10min for the elevator, I finally went down stairs to the main floor to find that the elevator was just sitting there flashing 1st floor, so I opened the door and hit the 6th floor button forcing it to go to the 6th floor.

I think my pictures (to bad I can't post video's) will tell the rest of the story. This place shouldn't be open!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear KDL1234,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret that on this day we were not able to be at par with your expectations particularly with the condition of the room accommodations that you received. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show you what we have done.

Pam G.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice and friendly customer service at the desk and the room amenities were decent. But, unless you want to hear freight trains and their associated whistles throughout the night, you may want to consider another location. I should have known when the map showed the train tracks within several feet of the North wall of the hotel. Stayed there last Saturday evening, Nov 24, 2012, and I must have heard at least 5 or more trains come through. Luckily I can fall asleep quickly, but my wife was less impressed. Having said that, I suppose if you're a "train watcher" or yearn for the days of riding the rail as a hobo, then this hotel may suit you just fine. On the other hand, downtown Shreveport is really a nice area from my last visit 10 years ago.

Room Tip: There are other Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express in the area as well as many other establishments...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown? Share your experiences!