“Safe, quiet, good value” 5 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   102 Lake Street, Shreveport, LA 71101   |
Ranked #32 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Safe, quiet, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed here six times over the last three months and after reading some of the other reviews, I feel compelled to review it myself. It's a good hotel and they keep it quiet there. The rooms are clean and the property feels safe. I even brought my wife and son with me on two business trips to Shreveport and we stayed there. Safety isn't an issue. And like I said, the rooms are clean. I've stayed in several different rooms and found them just fine, especially when you consider the price is fairly reasonable. Yes there are some train tracks down the ways a bit but if people want to complain, they'll complain about something. Highways, train tracks, the city, they'll find something. It's a good hotel and I've truly enjoyed it. When I'm in Shreveport I'll keep on staying there. The staff are really polite and very professional, as well as knowledgeable about the area. I've gotten some great recommendations on places to eat and sights to see from their clerks and even one of the maintenance guys. They make you feel like home when you're away from home. After only a couple of visits the office know my name, know my preferences, and make me feel like I'm staying at the Ritz. If you're looking for a quiet, clean, safe place to stay for a very reasonable price then look no further.

Room Tip: All the rooms I stayed in were great, but they have smoking rooms on a seperate floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Outside is dirty, lobby is ok. Elevator would not close because it was falling apart. Toilet stain and sink old and dirty. Beds are squeaky. Also beware of the train that comes by a lot . I will probably would not stay here when we come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Maria G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I would like to apologize that you were not satisfied with this visit due to the condition of the room you were given and issues experienced with the maintenance levels on site. I have taken note of your feedback and we will use this to improve on our services.

Again, many thanks for the review and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

One night stay in town for Mardi Gras parade. Hotel is being renovated but no major problems. Saw wallpaper being hung in Lobby area & spackle on walls waiting for remodel & painting. Room 408 was clean & bed was very comfortable. Train tracks outside our window but didn't bother us. Have stayed at this p
hotel many times over the years & always a good stay. Should be really nice once renovations are completed. Short walk to parade route & El Dorado Casino & Sam's Town Casino. Will stay here again because of comfort, service, price & location. Bar & restaurant on property.

Room Tip: Heavy train traffic by pool side rooms but noise didn't bother us. You may want to request room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This had to be the worst place I have ever stayed! I can't believe the Holiday Inn name is on this place. I didn't even want to stay but after driving 8hrs and prepaid for staying, I need some sleep. Well, how can one sleep due to the train being right next to the building, so didn't really get any sleep.

Only one elevator was working, my handicap parents and I were on the 6th floor waiting for 10min for the elevator, I finally went down stairs to the main floor to find that the elevator was just sitting there flashing 1st floor, so I opened the door and hit the 6th floor button forcing it to go to the 6th floor.

I think my pictures (to bad I can't post video's) will tell the rest of the story. This place shouldn't be open!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear KDL1234,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I deeply regret that on this day we were not able to be at par with your expectations particularly with the condition of the room accommodations that you received. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show you what we have done.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice and friendly customer service at the desk and the room amenities were decent. But, unless you want to hear freight trains and their associated whistles throughout the night, you may want to consider another location. I should have known when the map showed the train tracks within several feet of the North wall of the hotel. Stayed there last Saturday evening, Nov 24, 2012, and I must have heard at least 5 or more trains come through. Luckily I can fall asleep quickly, but my wife was less impressed. Having said that, I suppose if you're a "train watcher" or yearn for the days of riding the rail as a hobo, then this hotel may suit you just fine. On the other hand, downtown Shreveport is really a nice area from my last visit 10 years ago.

Room Tip: There are other Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express in the area as well as many other establishments...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Upon entering the hotel you are greeted with a nice loby. There were signs posted that said that the hotel was under renovation, and I will say that it is past due. The hotel has potential, but renovations are needed for the rooms and the halls and elevators. I would suggest noise dampening windows on the Red River side, too, as the trains were pretty loud in the room, especially early in the morning. The bathroom also needed some repair, as the ceiling showed signs of water damage.
The staff was friendly, and the breakfast was on par with most hotel buffets.

Room Tip: City side might be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I just recently came back from Shreveport this past weekend, and my stay was great. The room is average and accommodating for the 3 nights my girls and I stayed. Nothing spectacular, but was right off of the highway. Loved the location. Was a little leery from reading previous reviews, but we didn't see any roaches, the front desk clerks were always available and friendly, and the location was safe. Would stay again, but only for a weekend trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown? Share your experiences!