“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5402 Interstate Drive, Shreveport, LA 71109 (Formerly Regency Continental)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
St. Petersburg, FL
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel on our way from Florida to Dallas, TX. after being on the road 15+ hours, is was good to stay most anywhere. The hotel is behind another old, dilapidated motel. We arrived about 7:30 in the evening and check in was incredibly fast. The desk clerk was efficient but fairly surly. Oh well. The property was very clean and well maintained and our room was the same. We had a room on the first floor about 10 doors down from the front desk. The hallway looked like it could use an update though. The carpet and walls were pretty run down but that's really the only thing in the way of upkeep for which I'd rate them lower. The bed was comfortable for sleeping and even though we were right next to the interstate, we really didn't get much road noise. The only issue we had was that our room was right across from the breakfast room. The workers came in about 4:00 AM and were VERY noisy, yelling down the hall to each other. At the time, we were thinking it was just other guests. When we checked out the next morning, the night manager asked us about our stay and we mentioned the noise. She was very sorry and said we should have told her so she could take care of it. We talked further and when she discovered the time and proximity to the breakfast room, she said it was the workers and promised to address that with them. We were satisfied with that but hope they do remember it - that was annoying. We didn't eat at the breakfast so we can't speak to its quality. We grabbed a couple of bananas and some yogurt and hit the road. The value we received for the price we paid ($76 with taxes) was a bit high but not bad considering the less attractive alternatives in the area. If you just need a bed for the night, this is a good choice. I would probably stay here again if I was heading to Dallas again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just needed a place to rest for the night on a cross-country trip. This one did the trick. A very pleasant stay at an agreeable price. The bed was very comfortable and the room well-appointed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a nice place to lay their head for a night or two. Decent breakfast included as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
OKLAHOMA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel & room are nice, but Denise is a rock star when it comes to customer service! Full breakfast. The one issue I do have with this property is that in the hallway to rooms on the ground floor is that most of the tiles are loose - I probably could pick them up. If it was only one or two, I wouldn't even mention it, but it is several. I would stay again, but the floor really should be fixed before there's an accident.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ruston, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I used our Choice Privilege reward points to book a stay at this hotel in Shreveport for the Independence Bowl this year. The hotel is very easy to find and in a great safe location. The staff immediately greeted us when we entered. They had us checked in very quickly. The room was very. It smelled great and was very clean. The hotel was also quiet without a bunch of people running the hallways and such as we have seen in the past at other hotels.

But where this hotel really takes the cake is with one particular staff member named Tony. The night we staying in Shreveport, I lost my phone at a drug store. Tony was incredibly helpful in helping me to get all of the forms printed, making a copy of my ID, and faxing all of it to AT&T to get the phone replaced. Without his help, I don't know what I would've done. Losing your phone in a strange city really sucks, and without his help it would have taken me a lot longer to get my new phone! We will only stay at this Quality Inn when we visit Shreveport in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the interstate. It was a bit loud at times.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you are planning to be in the Shreveport, LA area and are wanting a very friendly hotel to rest in, Quality Inn of Shreveport is it! It has a great location, just outside the airport entrance and easy access to Interstate 20.
I work in Shreveport but live in TX so quite often I need a place to stay. The staff from the Management team to the Front Desk crew to the Breakfast Room crew, you are always greeted with a smile and personal greeting, not a rehearsed speech.
The staff very quickly knew me by name, so that when I call for a room, I just say my name and they recognize me and remember my room preference. Excellent Customer Service.

Room Tip: As an individual, I prefer back of hotel, since the pool is front and that's a great end for fam...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hey, if you are looking for the diamond in the rough, this is your place. The reason I say "diamond in the rough", is because I have stayed in the hotels in the area, and this is the diamond. From the general manager, Tony, the assistant manager Tera, the awesome start of my day...breakfast, Andrea, housekeeping, Orlanda, to even the maintainence staff, Jeff and Jeremie, it's a regular enjoyment to me. The fact that I know their names should say alot about the patron-staff interaction and personable attention to my satisfaction. And I feel guilty that I may have forgotten someone. As a business traveler, anyone who is a business traveler knows that being away from home, and feeling "at home" means more than the rate. I would highly recommend to anyone on business. It is easy to comment on what you dont like, but seldom do you comment on what should be recognized. So "kudos" to a job consistantly well done. David Wright; Tyler, Tx

Room Tip: From check-in to check-out is a pleasureable experience
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

arrived at this hotel after hearing about it from a friend. upon arriving to the front door, the staff behind the desk was greeting me and making me feel welcome. that is not the case in most hotels i stay in, and i stay in a lot of hotels. come to find out the staff behind the desk, the gentleman was the general manager of the hotel, who came out, introduced himself, and shook my hand, and thanked me for staying at this property. and the young lady gave me time to get settled in my room, and called to make sure everything was ok in my room. excellent service. my room was very clean and comfortable, and the bed was great. the next morning, i had a great breakfast that was hot and fresh, and oh yea, free. give this hotel a try, you will be glad you did.

Room Tip: my room was on the second floor, excellent
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!