“Friendly and Professional” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Carrollton, Texas
“Friendly and Professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As we walked in to the hotel, everyone was very friendly. My 12 year old nephew even stated how he liked the hotel within the first 10 mins of walking in. The staff answered all questions we had and was very professional.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm a Silver Rewards member with Marriott. I try to stay with Marriott on most of my travels. So, my business trip to Shreveport, LA wasn't any different. This was my second stay at this hotel. I do have to say that the customer service both at the front desk and the restaurant was wonderful. But, the room was not cleaned well. Unfortunately, I didn't notice until the Morning of my checkout (which gave me the creeps the rest of the day). It all started with the shower, I went to turn on the shower and looked up and saw a used washed cloth hanging on the shower rod next to the shower curtain!! You wouldn't see it unless you slide the shower curtain back to get it. I was furious when I saw this. It made me wonder what else was overlooked by the cleaning staff. I then noticed that the coffee pot was overly dusty, the ice bucket was just as dusty...then the icing on the cake was that I found a cap to a disposable razor behind the face towels hanging near the sink.
I hate that I had this experience because, I really like the hotel, the bed was very comfortable, but now...I'm wondering how clean it was!! Not sure where I'll be staying the next time i'm in Shreveport. :(

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Addie B, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Monique-

Thank for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues and will address the staff as well as the housekeeper that personally cleaned your room. We pride ourselves on upholding the Marriott standard and we definitely fell short this time. As a Marriott rewards member, I hope you will give us another chance on your next business trip. Again, my apologies for your inconvenience and we hope to see you again so that we can show our improvement.

Kindest Regards,

Addie Stephenson
Director of Sales
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is a standard Courtyard hotel by Marriott with the typical accoutrements. The rooms were clean and everything worked. Most striking was the helpfulness and politeness of the staff, which I think may just be part and parcel to Louisiana in general.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have stayed twice in 2014. Very Clean. Great service. Excellent breakfast in the Bistro. My wife loved the breakfast tacos with avocado. I love the eggs and home fries. Staff was friendly and attentive. Starbucks was handy.

Rooms were CLEAN. Beds comfortable and accommodations are roomy.

Great location next to Louisiana Boardwalk and casinos.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side. Interesting view of the old river bridge and casinos.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Newton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My first trip to Shreveport so I don't know what's available but if I come again I'll look around for other lodging. My room was not cleaned well; toilet not cleaned or even flushed from last occupant, floor unswept, etc. Property was worn, carpet badly stained, etc. The stay was tolerable for me but my wife would have been checking out immediately and I won't return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel, for one night, while traveling across the country. It's very conveniently located to I-20, also numerous restaurants are nearby. The room was very neat and clean with all appropriate amenities. There is free parking and free Wi-Fi. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. I'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Even though the room faced the interstate there was no discernible traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
College Station, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

All in all a typical Courtyard experience. The room and bathroom were typically Courtyard and clean. The bed was very nice. All the equipment in the room worked. The wifi was satisfactory. The hotel is near things on the west side of Shreveport so if you need to be close to downtown or Bossier, pick something closer. It has good access to lots of the main north/south thoroughfares which I use when I'm there. The staff was friendly and helpful and able to answer my questions or send me in the right direction for what I was looking for.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Shreveport Airport? Share your experiences!