“Don't leave the light on for me!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #22 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Natchez, Louisiana
“Don't leave the light on for me!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

First and last time for me to stay here. The toilet had not been cleaned. Room was dirty and dingy. Needs a total overhaul. Can't believe Marriott still has their name associated with the property.
Totally grossed me out but room was non refundable. Only free Internet was in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2012
Addie B, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear BibMeaux56~

I am sorry for the inconvenience your were caused during your stay with us. I can assure you this is not how we operate on a normal basis. I apologize for the houskeeping problem and will make sure that is addressed immediately. We do offer complimentary internet throughout the entire hotel so I am sorry you did not get the opportunity to take advantage of that. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we do uphold the Marriott standard and stay with us again. I apprecaite your comments and will make the neccessary changes.

Kind Regards,

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have stayed here on 2 different trips to Shreveport. I like the location and the outlet mall next door to the hotel. I read the other reviews and believe I know which clerk the others are referring to. I have not had the same problems, but overheard an exchange between her and another guest. It was not a pleasant exchange, but I wasn't involved. As a guest and someone who works in customer service, i did feel it was unprofessional of the clerk. I also believe that this chain should provide some type of free coffee/breakfast...something!! I will stay here again if it is convenient for work...the hotel has a nice fitness center. It is older but remodeled.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mississppi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This Hotel is the worst I will not stay again. NEVER NERVER NEVER!!. I have never been to a hotel where the rooms are horrible and the front desk clerk a young lady with short hair had a nasty attitude .I have ever seen at any hotel. Wow!! The room had some type of smell and plus the rooms are old.. Hello i pay 100.00 and this is what is expected. I know next time to stay at the Hilton... then this morning I go to read a news paper and now they are making me buy Coffee where's the free coffee I look foward too.. I advise anyone to please NEVER STAY HERE Please don't ..

Room Tip: I didnt eat there a I decided to go to POPEYES instead. they are losing money.. Needs to be remolded...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear ShannonW~

I sincerley apologize for your experience during your stay at our property. I can assure you that is not our standard, nor a normal Marriott Standard. We will be sure to address the issue with the front desk lerk as well as the room issue. We will be going through full renovations at the end of the year so I hope that you will give us another try and return to the property to see the changes we have made, Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was very happy with my overnight stay at this hotel. In my opinion they have covered a lot of bases. They have a little Market Place, which admittedly, is only a few shelves and a fridge, but it is packed with just about anything one could want: pizzas, lean cuisines, soups, tuna salad kits, beer, wine and smoothies. Perfect for someone who needs a quick bite. They have a cute bistro that has enough options for everyone, from chicken Caesar wraps, 1/2 roasted chickens and burgers, as well as a good selection of breakfast meals. For the most part, it is prepared on the spot. They also have a little bar with cocktails, wine, and beer options. If you are a late sleeper, you will miss breakfast.

The room was very clean and sizable. The bed was also quite comfortable. The room had a fridge and a coffee maker (and should you need your Starbucks fix, they serve that downstairs). They also had an iron, ironing board, and a blow dryer. Free wi-fi too.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a shuttle both from and to the airport. They accommodated my every request: early check-in and top floor.

They had a nice fitness room with 2 treadmills and an elliptical machine. There was also an indoor pool and whirlpool. The front desk also had complimentary fruit and yogurt cups to go - nice touch.

I could not have asked for anything better and would definitely recommend it. Apparently,they have upgraded because everything was new and updated.

Room Tip: I am a top floor person - they will accommodate whatever you ask for.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sebring, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We made this reservation in May, along with another stay in Dallas for the next night. When we tried to check in, the clerk told me that my reservation rate was no good, and I would be charged the higher daily rate. She told me that this is because my credit card was not good when I made the reservation. No notice was ever sent to me that there was a problem, and my other reservation with Marriott went through, so the mistake had to be on their part. The clerk was nasty, and if it wasn't late at night, I would have found another place to stay. I called the national reservation number and they straightened it out. But the local clerk never gave me an apology. I would recommend staying some place else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Addie B, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear John2350,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience you were caused before your stay and during. I can assure you that the front desk staff is conducted in a professional manner and upholds the Marriott standard so we will address this issue immediately. I appreciate your comments and for brining this to our attention. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the way we do conduct business and stay with us again on your next stop in Shreveport.

Kindest Regards,

Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The staff was very courteous and attentive. The property looked nice and the location is not bad. Unfortunately my room looked aged and worn out and smelled bad. Not the kind of smell that can be cleaned out either. My room needed a total R & R.

The internet service was pretty slow in the morning but that's not unusual at business hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear John P.,

I am glad to hear you were pleased with the staff! I apologize for the inconvience caused by the smell of your room; we will have this issue addressed immediately. We are going to be going through full guest room renovations soon and would love to have you back to stay at the property. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Best Regards,

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at several Marriott properties and we should have read the reviews before booking. We also had a heater that set the fire alarm off, along with a lot of mold in air conditioner. We to will be looking to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Courtyard Shreveport Airport? Share your experiences!