“Impressed in many ways” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Asheville, North Carolina
“Impressed in many ways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was very happy with my overnight stay at this hotel. In my opinion they have covered a lot of bases. They have a little Market Place, which admittedly, is only a few shelves and a fridge, but it is packed with just about anything one could want: pizzas, lean cuisines, soups, tuna salad kits, beer, wine and smoothies. Perfect for someone who needs a quick bite. They have a cute bistro that has enough options for everyone, from chicken Caesar wraps, 1/2 roasted chickens and burgers, as well as a good selection of breakfast meals. For the most part, it is prepared on the spot. They also have a little bar with cocktails, wine, and beer options. If you are a late sleeper, you will miss breakfast.

The room was very clean and sizable. The bed was also quite comfortable. The room had a fridge and a coffee maker (and should you need your Starbucks fix, they serve that downstairs). They also had an iron, ironing board, and a blow dryer. Free wi-fi too.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a shuttle both from and to the airport. They accommodated my every request: early check-in and top floor.

They had a nice fitness room with 2 treadmills and an elliptical machine. There was also an indoor pool and whirlpool. The front desk also had complimentary fruit and yogurt cups to go - nice touch.

I could not have asked for anything better and would definitely recommend it. Apparently,they have upgraded because everything was new and updated.

Room Tip: I am a top floor person - they will accommodate whatever you ask for.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sebring, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We made this reservation in May, along with another stay in Dallas for the next night. When we tried to check in, the clerk told me that my reservation rate was no good, and I would be charged the higher daily rate. She told me that this is because my credit card was not good when I made the reservation. No notice was ever sent to me that there was a problem, and my other reservation with Marriott went through, so the mistake had to be on their part. The clerk was nasty, and if it wasn't late at night, I would have found another place to stay. I called the national reservation number and they straightened it out. But the local clerk never gave me an apology. I would recommend staying some place else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Addie B, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear John2350,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience you were caused before your stay and during. I can assure you that the front desk staff is conducted in a professional manner and upholds the Marriott standard so we will address this issue immediately. I appreciate your comments and for brining this to our attention. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the way we do conduct business and stay with us again on your next stop in Shreveport.

Kindest Regards,

Addie Bentz
Director of Sales
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The staff was very courteous and attentive. The property looked nice and the location is not bad. Unfortunately my room looked aged and worn out and smelled bad. Not the kind of smell that can be cleaned out either. My room needed a total R & R.

The internet service was pretty slow in the morning but that's not unusual at business hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear John P.,

I am glad to hear you were pleased with the staff! I apologize for the inconvience caused by the smell of your room; we will have this issue addressed immediately. We are going to be going through full guest room renovations soon and would love to have you back to stay at the property. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Best Regards,

Addie Bentz
Director of Sales
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at several Marriott properties and we should have read the reviews before booking. We also had a heater that set the fire alarm off, along with a lot of mold in air conditioner. We to will be looking to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2012
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

This particular Courtyard is in need of some upgrading. The room we were given had a refrigerator in that did not work when we checked in. The matress on the bed was sagging and very soft, the water trickled out of the shower and the front desk staff was not very friendly. Upon leaving for the day on Saturday, I stopped at the desk and told the clerk on duty that the refrigerator was not working. Without writing anything down, she said she would have maintenance look at it. When we came back that evening, it still was not working. We had to get ice and put our drinks in the bathroom sink to keep them cold.

Upon check-out I stood at the desk for 3-4 minutes waiting for someone to come out from somewhere to check out. As I looked for the clerk, she was preparing some food in the back of the breakfast area in an office and put her finger up as if to ask me to wait a minute. I stood there while she continued to prepare her food and I guess she could see that I was getting upset and came out. I again told her about the refrigerator and she said she told maintenance about it and did not know why they did not fix it. She apologized. I told her about the bed and again she never wrote anything down. We have stayed at several Marriott products before and never experienced this. I would not stay at this Courtyard in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Abilene, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Will probably try somewhere different next time. Check-in was efficient, but cold. Not rude, but about as close as you can get. Windows do not keep out the highway noise. It's winter, and when we got to the room the air conditioner was on, and it was cold. The heater doesn't work well, it set off the smoke alarm, then it proceeded to turn the room into a furnace even though it was set to 70. It's a room with a king bed, it has three sets of towels, but only a single serving of coffee with the coffee maker. Seems kind of cheap. It's clean, the lobby is nice, but there are a lot of hotels in this area and we will try a different one next time.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard, not the highway, very noisy.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The check-in was quick and courteous. The room the room was very comfortable. The beds are great in this place. You can definitely get a good night sleep here. I needed a crib for my nine month old and it was brought up to me very quickly. I was truly impressed with how clean it was.

Overall, this is a great place to stay when you are in Shreveport. I highly recommend this location.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Shreveport Airport? Share your experiences!