“Time spent with family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Shreveport

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Shreveport to your Saves list
Travelodge Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2134 Greenwood Road, I-20 and Greenwood Road, Shreveport, LA 71103   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #31 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
PAWNEE
“Time spent with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

the room still had trash in the room and no towels. the beds were made but I haad to take the trash out myself and ask for clean towel.... But otherwise it was a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

travelodge2011, General Manager at Travelodge Shreveport, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
It is my understanding that you checked in early and were told that the room was not finished. We would not have given you that room if the person checking in had not said that they wanted the room ahead of schedule. I am sorry for the miscommunication but I am happy that the rest of your stay was fine.

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
DALLAS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

In the room next door, there were two women who fought REALLY loud, off and on, all night long, then intermittently with a man. This was at 3, 4, and 5 o'clock in the morning. Called twice to front desk. Secondly, there was a barking dog in a nearby room that barked all night long. Finally, the pillows on the bed were like sleeping on a paper towel.

I will add, however, that the cleaning lady, and her supervisor, were outstanding and very responsive when we first checked in and had asked for an additional towel and an extra coffee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

I am so sorry that your sleep was interupted. I note however that you did not contact the Front Desk. We would have taken care of those people causing this problem. We don't want our guests disturbed by this kind of behaviour. Again I am sorry your stay was not perfect.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our brother was in the hospital. We had a pleasant trip. The place and room was clean.. The staff throught out the hotel was very courteious. The breakfast was good and out on time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff takes some getting use to because they all treat you like family. I had a very nice stay and anything I ask for, they were right there to help.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Pittsburg, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My companion and I found this hotel befitting for our needs. We even extended our stay for
4 additional days. The workers were very gracious and respected our privacy. Even supplied
our needs (towels, toilet tissues, etc.) upon request which was very convenient. The hotel in
spite of being old was well kept and clean. The continental breakfast was not always up to par
when you came in late. Often ran out of fruits and muffins. Also found it was family oriented.
Other than that I most definitely book this hotel each time I visit Shreveport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
eugene or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We booked this using our motel points because our travel budget was exhausted. The reviews were actually pretty scarey. But it's not as bad as we expected. The clerk was nice and efficient. The room was fine. Clean, with nice enough furniture, although the entertainment center had a broken piece. Bed was clean, carpet was a little shabby and did have the "pets were here we shampooed the rug it but didn't quite work" smell. As for the neighborhood - yes it's an older area, lower income. But overall - we have stayed in way worse. For the money - not a bad deal. And we were very grateful that they let us use our points, a lot of motels seem to over value themselves for our level of points.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel is an old shady and even scary looking place at night and in the day light you would wish you saw it at night only. The two star hotel rating isn't even close to what this place deserves. When I first arrived on Saturday night with the girlfriend she actually said "this place looks like it belongs on Cops or even Dexter," it wasn't even close to a safe feeling when pulling up at night. The neighborhood is awful and the hotel is located next to the Highway and near some serious bad roads with just an easy feeling. The room didn't look to bad at first, till I started seeing a few bugs crawling on the wall and on the floor and in the bathroom. T.v looked dirty and was never turned on because of it, safe didn't work (why would the one thing you want in a neighborhood like that work), there was trash in the drawers and dirt on the floor. There were stains that on the outside hallways that we didn't want to even know what it was and trash cans full right next to the rooms. We went out for breakfast the next day because the so called breakfast they had consisted of two dispensers of Kellogg's, a dirty coffee machine and questionable milk. For the price I will never again stay there, the extra $20-30 for a real hotel is worth it...especially if you value your life and don't want to spend half the night wondering about your vehicle and you. If you think this hotel deserves even close to a 2 star or above rating then you have never been to a real hotel or have any standards of what your money should get you. Do your self a favor and avoid this place t all costs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
travelodge2011, Owner at Travelodge Shreveport, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
I am so sorry that your stay was so terrible. I wish that you had contacted the Front Desk with your concerns. We would have gladly found you another room or another Hotel that would have met your requirements. The last thing I want is for my guests too feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Most of our guests are returning guests who have business at LSU Hospital or Willis Knighten
Hospital which are with in walking distance. Fedex and UPS which are with 1/4 mile stay with us. Bmac a oil service company has been staying with us continually for over a year. Yes we are an older property on the outside but we have gone through a complete renovation of every room within the last 2 years. We are currently upgrading our in room furniture, drapes and top off the bed. All of our bed linen is new;meeting the new standards set by Travelodge. Again I apologize for your stay. I have shared your concerns with our staff and I am sure that will learn from them.

Been to Travelodge Shreveport? Share your experiences!