“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Travelodge Shreveport
Save Saved
You added Travelodge Shreveport to your Saves list
Travelodge Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2134 Greenwood Road, I-20 and Greenwood Road, Shreveport, LA 71103   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Salisbury
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff takes some getting use to because they all treat you like family. I had a very nice stay and anything I ask for, they were right there to help.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburg, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My companion and I found this hotel befitting for our needs. We even extended our stay for
4 additional days. The workers were very gracious and respected our privacy. Even supplied
our needs (towels, toilet tissues, etc.) upon request which was very convenient. The hotel in
spite of being old was well kept and clean. The continental breakfast was not always up to par
when you came in late. Often ran out of fruits and muffins. Also found it was family oriented.
Other than that I most definitely book this hotel each time I visit Shreveport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
eugene or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We booked this using our motel points because our travel budget was exhausted. The reviews were actually pretty scarey. But it's not as bad as we expected. The clerk was nice and efficient. The room was fine. Clean, with nice enough furniture, although the entertainment center had a broken piece. Bed was clean, carpet was a little shabby and did have the "pets were here we shampooed the rug it but didn't quite work" smell. As for the neighborhood - yes it's an older area, lower income. But overall - we have stayed in way worse. For the money - not a bad deal. And we were very grateful that they let us use our points, a lot of motels seem to over value themselves for our level of points.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel is an old shady and even scary looking place at night and in the day light you would wish you saw it at night only. The two star hotel rating isn't even close to what this place deserves. When I first arrived on Saturday night with the girlfriend she actually said "this place looks like it belongs on Cops or even Dexter," it wasn't even close to a safe feeling when pulling up at night. The neighborhood is awful and the hotel is located next to the Highway and near some serious bad roads with just an easy feeling. The room didn't look to bad at first, till I started seeing a few bugs crawling on the wall and on the floor and in the bathroom. T.v looked dirty and was never turned on because of it, safe didn't work (why would the one thing you want in a neighborhood like that work), there was trash in the drawers and dirt on the floor. There were stains that on the outside hallways that we didn't want to even know what it was and trash cans full right next to the rooms. We went out for breakfast the next day because the so called breakfast they had consisted of two dispensers of Kellogg's, a dirty coffee machine and questionable milk. For the price I will never again stay there, the extra $20-30 for a real hotel is worth it...especially if you value your life and don't want to spend half the night wondering about your vehicle and you. If you think this hotel deserves even close to a 2 star or above rating then you have never been to a real hotel or have any standards of what your money should get you. Do your self a favor and avoid this place t all costs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
travelodge2011, Owner at Travelodge Shreveport, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
I am so sorry that your stay was so terrible. I wish that you had contacted the Front Desk with your concerns. We would have gladly found you another room or another Hotel that would have met your requirements. The last thing I want is for my guests too feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Most of our guests are returning guests who have business at LSU Hospital or Willis Knighten
Hospital which are with in walking distance. Fedex and UPS which are with 1/4 mile stay with us. Bmac a oil service company has been staying with us continually for over a year. Yes we are an older property on the outside but we have gone through a complete renovation of every room within the last 2 years. We are currently upgrading our in room furniture, drapes and top off the bed. All of our bed linen is new;meeting the new standards set by Travelodge. Again I apologize for your stay. I have shared your concerns with our staff and I am sure that will learn from them.
somwhere in the southwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

the short version is: the rental car we had had some sort of flaw that made the alarm beep as if it was locked, and i guess some freight shifted overnight, causing one door to open, without the alarm going off.however, the handyman noticed, and while he was of the mind that he didnt want to shut it, for fear of getting prints and a fals accusation, if anything was missing, he kept an eye on it, until, we woke up, and everything was in order.to the penny, metaphorically.the breakfast was a tad sparse, but the room had a coffee pot, and the pool was clean, and i was NOT hit up for a CC for using my points night.-with that said, the neigborhood it is in, looks better at night,.if you get my meaning.-(the gas station next door-a citgo, has bars on the windows, and aisles blcoked off in a maze to prevent beer runs, so, given the overall vibe of the neighborhood, we tip our hat to the security of the property, and the staff is friendly enough.-we were, howevr, unintentionally given a room that was not wholly cleaned-still had food in the fridge 7 whatnot, but this was addressed promptly, and the room we had also had a lefotver cleaning cloth, and the exterior ligth bulb by our room-next to the staircase-needed changing.again, props to the staff(security), as our room was on the interior, and we could not see the car from there.-with that said, Iused poitns to stay, but the advertised price was 53.i thought that was a shade high.-also, the lobby has a complimentary courtesy pc.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Travellodge Hotel in Shreveport,La. The hotel had wonderful service the rooms are well maintained and the people are very nice and professional. The next time I fly into Shreveport i will stay here every time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Conowingo, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Shortly after checking in and preparing for sleep, my adult son discovered bed bugs in his bed. I notified the front desk agent, who assigned us to another room with no apolgy, sympathy, or concession.

I was looking forward to the continental breakfast in the morning, but there was none. It was advertised and promised, but there was no one there to set it up. The worker was late that day. Again, no apology or concession.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
travelodge2011, Owner at Travelodge Shreveport, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
I must say I was not happy with the way your stay with us was handled. I am sorry about what happened. We take great pains too control all pests at our property and any occurance of this kind is of concern too us. I am happy that we were able too find you another room. The breakfast area was late in opening and we have taken steps too ensure that it will not happen again. Again I appologize for the manner in which your stay was handled.

Been to Travelodge Shreveport? Share your experiences!