“Did not get to stay...but Angela was GREAT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Shreveport

You added Clarion Hotel Shreveport to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Shreveport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1419 E. 70th St., Shreveport, LA 71105 (Formerly Sheraton Shreveport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Waxahachie, Texas
“Did not get to stay...but Angela was GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Due to some health issues, I was unable to stay at the hotel. I was however extremely pleased with Angela (Front Desk Manager) who went out of her way to try to help out. Thanks Angela, you made my day.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Debbiec1154, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Shreveport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to complete our online survey. It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments from our guest. Angela will be overjoyed that she was able to help you. We hope that you are feeling better and our hearts are with you. We are looking forward to your next visit with us. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I planned a family re-union at the Clarion Hotel. The staff was more than helpful and polite. The rooms and accommodations were great. The hotel is older than some of the other hotels in the area. However, the rooms were updated and very comfortable. Simply put, this is a “class act” organization lead by Eureka Chitman. They have my full endorsement for future business in the Shreveport Area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Debbiec1154, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Shreveport, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us it was our star of the day. I shared your comments with Ms. Chitman and our entire team. It is always a pleasure for us to service your family and the confidence they have had in us through the years. We are always looking forward to your next stay. Thank you once again and may peace be with your family.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was a part of the Planning Team for our class 30 year reunion and with this being a milestone for the class it was very important that we select the right venue, food, and have the right person working with our group. Ms. Eureka Chitman was on point with ALL of our needs if I was only rating her I would rate her "Excellent". Ms. Chitman is an asset to the Clarion, she is very professional, patient and has a loving spirit. Now on the other hand if I had to rate based on my experience with Ms. Pat I would rate her as a 1 star. While setting up decorations she walked in the room with a scald on her face, did not acknowledge any of the planning team and said in a aggravated tone, "where is Eureka"? I told her that I had just got off the phone with her and she was on her way. Ms. Pat then starting "fussing" about her not being there, etc. in the presence of our planning team. She stated with arrogance, "she lives right around the corner, it don't take her that long to get here". Not only did she exhibit this behavior in our presence but also in the presence of other staff. Being an administrator over several facilities, I viewed her behavior as being very unprofessional on top of her rudeness in tone, and her lack of hospitality and friendliness to her customers. She is a poor representation of the Clarion Hotel and if I had to deal with her I would look for another place to have my event.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your comments about your recent event held at our property. Ms. Chitman is the type of Sales Manager any company would love to have. She will make herself available from the beginning to the end. I have addressed your concerns with Ms. White and that is certainly out of her character. The team goal was to assure your room was completed on time but never to offend anyone and for that i aplogize. We are happy that your reunion was a success and we are looking forward to help plan the next one. Thank you once again for sharing your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Darryl W. Taylor

Great 30 Year Reunion. Great location. Ballroom, food, decorations the works. (Wonderful) couldn't ask for a better staff. Great job Ms. Ureka Chitman and staff. Hats off to you all. First time I've ever seen the Sales Representative jump in and work no less than the rest of the staff. Really loved the room and comfortable bed. Slept like a baby.

• Stayed June 2014
We are in receipt of your online review and are elated that your reunion was a total success and we had a part in making it happen. Our goal is to always offer great service with a smile I was pleased the staff and Ms. Chitman delivered both. The one thing we take pride in is the comfort of our beds. We are looking forward to serving you in the near future. Thank you for your wonderful comments.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I been to shreveport times before but never stayed at this location , An probably want again. The elevator never worked, the ice machines are few to come by . The hallways where HOT and smelly, the room was large but the A/C leaked . Hotel needs lots of TLC which is not the fault of the staff but of the owners even though its a huge and nice hotel. IT MUST BE UPDATED to keep up with the other more moderen hotels

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. We are currently under renovations in the hallways and carpet coming soon. The first floor elevator blow a motor during your stay and unfortunately the service contractor had to order a replacement. Witin the next six months we will have a total new look. We are however pleased that the sleep quality and customer service was good. Whenever you are in the city please allow us another opportunity to service you.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

From begining to end the Clarion Hotel Staff along with Ms. Eureka made our planing and reunion celebration and event to remember for a lifetime. The set-up staff was awesome and Ms. Eureka help us set -up to make the room look like "Colonnade Room " from The Young and Restless one of the classmates stated. The Clarion has proven to me and severaal others that The Clarion is the Place to Be to have an Event. I couldnt have been more pleased. I can hardly wait until the next event to plan, Ms. Eureka we will be back May God Bless you and The Clarion Staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
I had the opportunity to see the finish product of the ballroom it was beautiful and it looked like a story book. We are pleased your school was happy and the team was happy we had a chance to share it with you. Our goal is to deliver excellence service and 100% satisfaction to our guest. I have shared your comments with Ms. Chitman and the team it was the shining star for the day. We are looking forward to planning your next event. Thank you again for allowing us the pleasure of serving your school.
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

June 28, 2014 the class of 84 of Mansfield High School celebrated 30 years. My hat goes off to the staff and management of the Clarion Hotel. I will be recommending this establishment. My classmates raved about how nice the rooms were. I like to say it was such a pleasure working Mrs. Ureka Chitman. She made the task of getting this part of the reunion so stress free. Often time having to consult with here because of a change she was right there with the spirit of I am here to serve you and make this a memorable time for the class. Again Thanks Mrs. Chitman, you are such a jewel. Also thanks to the set up staff for working with the committee that adjust the set up and kudos to Chef Ernest for a jobs well done with food. The rates for the were great. A big thanks to whom ever was responsible for bringing Mrs. Chitman back on staff. Ms. Chitman is a great asset to the Clarion hotel. For those of you who are reading this review and have an upcoming event, please stop by the Clarion hotel and give them an opportunity to serve you. Ask for Mrs. Ureka Chitman. Tell her Mr. Drain and the MHS Class of 84 sent you. Clarion Hotel, a job WELL done. Way to exhibit T.E.A.M work! Together Everyone Achieves More. I wanted to share some picture of the set up of room it was just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a wonderful review. I have shared your comments with Ms Eureka Chitman and the team. Ms Chitman say that your committee was a joy to work with and it was her pleasure to work with all of you. She is certainly a large part of the success of the sales team. We are looking forward to serving your school in the near.

Been to Clarion Hotel Shreveport? Share your experiences!