“Clarion saved the family trip.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Shreveport

You added Wyndham Garden Shreveport to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Shreveport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1419 E. 70th St., Shreveport, LA 71105 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Shreveport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Germantown, Tennessee
“Clarion saved the family trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay with our two little boys on a family visit to Shreveport (family accommodations wound up being way too crowded). Not a more reasonable rate in town than the Clarion. The renovations they have done to the rooms look great. Huge rooms with new decor - we were very pleasantly surprised. The refrigerator in the room was really convenient especially traveling with two small children. The staff was friendly and professional. If we need a hotel room in Shreveport again, we will not hesitate to stay at the Clarion. If we hadn't found the Clarion, our visit would have been far less enjoyable/comfortable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lowell, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Where do I begin? My husband and I decided to stay here so we could go to the Independence Bowl. I had no idea we were staying somewhere that treated you like kings and queens!!! Most hotels give you the common courtesy - but this one is over the top!!!!!!! Miss Debbie, the manager was AWESOME!!! It didn't matter what we needed or wanted, she and her staff provided it for us with such friendliness and professionalism! We will stay there again and again if we go back to Shreveport! They treated us like royalty!!!
Side note: It wasn't just us - they treated everyone with such compassion. I heard staff with others and their tone with everyone is so nice - not degrading. They have raised the bar on what to do when it comes to running a hotel. There is no comparison. GREAT STAFF!!!! The absolute BEST!!!!!!!
The Wheetley's

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Barnesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Reserved 3 rooms at the Clarion for a 3 day business meeting. The hotel is well situated near the airport and the downtown area. While some fixtures are beginning to show a bit of wear, the hotel is spotless and the rooms are amply sized, clean, and very comfortable. Rates are quite reasonable. But, the greatest attribute the hotel has is its management and staff. Everyone to a person is Louisiana polite, knowledgeable, and anxious to ensure that the visitor enjoys a great stay in "their" hotel. Will definitely return when business dictates. A special thank you to Marlon in the restaurant for being so attentitve to our group's needs. Best wishes for the continued success of the excellent management and staff at the Shreveport Clarion.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Had a great time at the Clarion for the MIx-n-Mingle Affair. We really enjoyed the band along with the guest appearance of Neyo. The staff was very professional and I want to send out a BIG thank you to the Mgr. Eureka Chitman for being so prompt and professional. She made sure everything was ran smoothly and was efficient with every request we had! With a great manager as she, the staff had to be awesome!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very nice place..if you are willing to stay at a place that has a swanky breakfast room at cost...at least there was a fridge and coffee maker in room and comfy beds and awesome pillows...
I found it odd..ok maybe not to some that they want a cash deposit for cash for a room???? I guess credt cards are the preferred method of payment these days ( isn't this why many people are strapped for cash and in debt ????)
Any way it was a nice room..front desk staff was not really friendly ..just cold and professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Checked in to the hotel at 3:50 P.M. Crystal, the counter attendant explained to me that I had booked 2 rooms for 2 nights. I had only booked 1 room for 2 nights and that is what my confirmation letter also said, even though the 3rd party that I booked the room from had already billed my credit card for both rooms. Crystal was very instrumental about getting me the correct phone #s to call, as I had booked this room online. After 55 minutes and numerous phone calls to different agencies, I finally got my 1 room for 2 nights and a credit on my credit card for the extra room. Also, the beds and pillows are super comfortable, along with a great spacious clean room. Will stay here next time I travel to Shreveport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Spent most of a week. Staff are all very pleasant. Room was quite large and clean. It included small fridge, comfortable king size bed, nice linens, gnood lighting. There was room for desk, sofa and easy chair withplentyof storage space. Back roomwas quiet. Pool wasclean andnice.

Price was very, very reasonable. Location walking distance to stores, including grocery and pharmacy as well as restaurants.

Renovation of carpets in hallwaysshould improved datedappearance, but made getting around the prperty a little difficult.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden Shreveport? Share your experiences!