“Not impressed...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
“Not impressed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The beds were hard as a rock and the pillows were flat. I was so happy we were only passing threw and only had to stay for one night. The room was cheap but so are all the rooms in Shreveport. At least the room was somewhat clean. The bedspread had cigarette burns in it also...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Provincetown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Have stayed here several times and it is a reliable stop. It started a few years back after being treated poorly at the Days Inn across the street~ that's another story!
It is convenient and the location is good. The rooms are clean and the staff accommodating and friendly. Looks like some renovation is going on, the carpet was new and clean, and I was impressed when they striped the bed spread to be washed after each pet stay. Food and services close by!
OK breakfast!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SLIDELL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Beds were hard as a rock. Pillows so flat wasn't funny. Towels had a bad smell. Went to the breakfast and there wasn't any orange juice

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there last month. The lady at the desk was very accommodating. I was not feeling well. She gave me a room downstairs. I believe her name is Haley. I was having a severe toothache, she went as far 2 find me a dentist and set up an appt for me. She called 2 check on me. Went out of her way 2 make sure my needs were met. I just read a review where sm1 said she was rude and overweight. I could believe sm1 said this. These rooms are not expensive, u get a good breakfast. I will for sure come back 2 this hotel. My stay was very nice. I live in ca and I'm very grateful 2 this young lady for helping me find a dentist. Thanks again.

• Stayed May 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Breakfast was good, fresh made do it yourself waffle. Clean, average room did NOT make up for rude clerk and for that reason alone I would never go back.Several other competitive choices, I actually checked rates at two other hotels in vicinity. Heavyset caucasian woman at check in. (I'm caucasian as well, before the reader draws incorrect conclusions)I was on a motorcycle and biggest concern was that it be parked in front of room. This did not happen. I was able to see it if I craned my neck from one edge of the window. Heat/AC initially would not continue to run, turning itself off when set on high. Left room for dinner, came back to find it off again and room stuffy. Was told there were no other rooms available except for "other side of motel where 'locals' are. I put them over there for a reason, if you know what I mean". I did, and politely opted to go elsewhere, but was informed: "no refunds after 30 minutes per the owner". See above. I believe I had cause and would have pushed it, but was tired. I was able to get the AC to run on low.... I couldn't get the internet to work that night. In AM I tried but again, it showed connected to their router but no internet signal. I went for breakfast at 8:35. Same clerk on duty. "Hi, is your internet working? I can't seem to get online." She was abrupt. "Nothing wrong with it, it's working here". "Hmm, it shows I'm connected to your router but there is no signal". "Well, that's not us then, that's the cable company". (so it WASN'T working....) "My phone works just fine", she informed me, in conclusion. (What has one to do with the other? I thought, but just smiled and dropped it) Older couple was making waffles. The coffee was nearly empty, giving me half a cup. A housekeeper came in, discovered it, and told the clerk who acknowledged the coffee was out....but that was it. No move to make more. I got up and topped off my styrofoam cup with decaff. I waited my turn until the older folks were done, then tried my hand at using the waffle baker. Didn't do it exactly right and baker started beeping at me. "Turn it, turn it, turn it!" Ms. Personality yelled from behind the counter before rushing out, pushing in front of me, and rotating the baker herself, muttering under her breath: "you're freaking me out, now...". I was appalled and don't think she realized she actually SPOKE her thought. I had my waffle and found it very good, deciding to make another before I rode out. It was 8:55. See above, I had had to wait for the older couple...The clerk was wiping the area. The batter dispenser was now empty. I asked if there was any more. "Breakfast ends at 9:00", she snapped crossly. My patience was at an end. I told her simply to "never mind" and walked away. Big sigh from my hostess. "I'll GET you some more. You got 3 minutes." She went and got the batter but did not give it to me. Instead she baked the waffle FOR me, ostensibly because I was obviously incapable of operating the baker AND she wanted to be sure breakfast was done after THIS. I accepted the waffle with thanks and sat down to eat it. I was almost done when she interrupted my breakfast with: 'are you ready to check out?" I informed her that I would come back and do so once I had my bike loaded. I did so and was gone ten minutes later. Too many hotels in the area to put up with that. We have family in LA and come through fairly regularly. The management of THIS Super 8 need not worry about us inconveniencing their clerk again.

Room Tip: check the other motels in the area. They are priced similarly.