“Obviously one of your older hotels. The room was clean upon...” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Shreveport to your Saves list
Days Inn Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4935 W Monkhouse Drive, Shreveport, LA 71109   |
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We asked for a non smoking room but as soon as we got in the room it had a very strong smell of cig.smoke. We stayed Friday & Sat. And when we got up on Sunday we had no coffee, we had come in late Sat. But the price was great and the room was clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tammy B, Trip Advisor Champion at Days Inn Shreveport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

I apologize for the smoking odor in the room and for coffee not being stocked for the last morning of your stay. I will share your comments with our Housekeeping team so that we can avoid this happening to other guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we will have another chance to provide a better stay.

Very Best,
Tammy
MESQUITE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I would like to start out by saying that I am a frequent visitor of this Days Inn location mainly because of the low price. I have had numerous problems before but I keep sticking it out for the low price.I arrived in Shreveport at 3pm and went straight to the hotel.I wanted to put my luggage down, I didn't want it to stay in my car. When I approched the desk the front desk clerk looked puzzled and said "Oh we don't have any rooms that are clean, you have to come back around 4:30." I then asked "what time is check in?" He said its at 3pm but we do not have clean rooms. This has happened to me many times before!! When I finally came back to check in, the room was not cleaned appropriately. The bathroom needed to be swept because it was obvious that it had not been. The phone nor the remote to the television worked. I noticed that the phone was unplugged so when I went to use it I plugged it back up then I realized why it was unplugged. This cannot be proper protocol. Why would Days Inn not fix the minor things. I think that a phone is included in the price or at least do not check a customer in a room that has issues.Lastly the comforter smelled of very strong URINE!! I thought that I would save the best for last. The horrible room had me wondering why I had to wait to check in?? The way it was I could have just checked into a dirty room. Granted the rooms are the cheapest but sometimes cheap isn't always the best way to go..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Tammy B, Trip Advisor Champion at Days Inn Shreveport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hello,

I am so disappointed to hear of your disatisfaction with your stay. I have shared your comments with our General Manager Mike Bell and he would very much like to speak with you.

Would you consider contacting him via phone? We utilize Trip Advisor comments to improve our property and truly appreciate your comments. Please contact Mike via phone at (318) 742-9200.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration guest comments are very important to us.
LUBBOCK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Hotel was conveniently located off of I-20. Vacancy available & check-in was fine by the hotel attendant that evening. Check out was not impressive... the attendant wasn't the best in service; though i was the only customer at the desk, she was obviously distracted with something else other than full customer service, which was a disappointment. She greeted me without looking at me, was busy on her computer, and just not very attentive (actually waited a bit before she acknowledged me at the desk). Breakfast was okay; room and ammenities were okay as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Tammy B, Area Sales Manager at Days Inn Shreveport, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hello,

I am sorry to hear of your lack of service during checkout. That is our best opportunity to say thank you and inquire about your stay-I apologize that it did not occur. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you experienced so that we can improve service for all our guests. If you are in the area again I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide a better impression.

Very Best,

Been to Days Inn Shreveport? Share your experiences!