“It's my dads hotel !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
“It's my dads hotel !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This is my dads hotel and I'm giving it a honesty review! When ever we have to we stay there and it has always been great the staff is nice and my dad does everything to keep them on there toes. It comes with a free breakfast and I highly recommend it of you need a short stay by the airport it is perfect stay!

• Stayed June 2012
INKI S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
WOW!!! What a great review. Thank you for your kind words. We are all excited that our guest are bringing their familys or informing their families about our GREAT Hotel and you choose to stay with us. We appreciate the kind review and thank you for taking time to post. We feel special that your dad always chooses to stay with us, he is a great guest and a good friend to the Holiday Inn Express- West Shreveport. Have a superfantastic day!

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fulshear, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am sometimes reluctant to right a review when I have a short stay, but on the other hand many travelers are looking for a good, clean comfortable "stop over".

Holiday Inn Express West in Shreveport fits that bill. I had been traveling all day, was dead tired and stayed the night here leaving before dawn the next day.

Check in was a breeze even though it was late at night. Parking lot was well lit, and the property itself looked clean and well maintained. My room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was nice and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and well supplied.

Even though it is right next to the airport and right next to Interstate 10, it was quiet and comfortable.

I would come back again if I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
INKI S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We understand how much time it takes to give reviews however we can not tell you how important it is that you take time to give compliments. HI Express West has a fantastic staff that make sure our property is clean and welcoming for all of our guest. Thank you for your nice words and we hope when you are in Shreveport again you will stop and stay with us. You are a valued guest and we appreciate you taking time to give us feed back. We wish you a very safe trip.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel. It was very clean and the rooms were big and the price was cheap. I am a very clean person and sometimes it's hard meeting my standards, even some resorts are not good enough for my standards, but this place was really clean. We had a jacuzzi in our room and it was only $119 bucks. What I liked best about the hotel was the customer service. The manager actually was walking around in the lobby and making sure the guest were good. I would like to thank Ian and Inki for making sure that everything was in order for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
INKI S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are so happy that you were Happy with your stay with us. We strive to make sure the hotel is guest ready everyday and appreciate your great comments on the cleanliness of our hotel. We know that you are on a long trip and wish you all the best with your relocation. Thank you for choosing the HIExpress- West Shreveport for your 2 day stay in our great city. Come back soon!
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Last night my wife and I spent our first night at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites located at 5420 Interstate Drive, Shreveport, LA. We got in sort of late, but were quickly greeted and taken care of. First off, I had my wife check the cleanliness of the room and it passed her rigid inspection.
After that it was time to go find something to eat (we'd been on the road since the wee hours) and as luck would have it, we found an IHoP within a couple miles, got a quick belly full and returned to the hotel. We slept well in spite of being very close to I20 and woke up rested and refreshed. The shower was great (super hot water)! After getting cleaned up, we went down for breakfast just in time for a fresh plate of scrambled eggs. All in all, everything was super! We'd like to compliment the management and more importantly the staff for a very impressive first stay at HI Express. We have several more to check out on our trip, so there will be more reviews from various locations. Let's just hope they all fare as well or perhaps better than the HI Shreveport West!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
INKI S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Better than the HIE West Shreveport....NEVER. We really appreciate you taking time to tell the social world of your experience at our property. So happy that you passed us in your inspection of cleanliness of the hotel. ALL IHG brands have Strict Standards and I hope you find all the HIExpresses during your travels up to Standards for the brand. We hope you and your wife make a return trip to our fair city and you choose us for your lodging.Only 2 miles away are a large selection of places to shop and eat and we are glad you choose to stay on the west side of Shreveport and enjoy the hospitality. Have a great trip and we will see you soon. THANK YOU AGAIN!
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have been a frequent visitor to the Holiday Inn Express here by the airport many times and every stay has been extraordinary, exceptional, and memorable! From the check in with Amber or Roshaundra who are always so courtious and welcoming the experience is over the top! Beautiful CLEAN rooms, and professional housekeeping make the stay so comfortable and relaxed. Never have I ever been treated so well by a staff, and I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world. Ms Inki as her staff calls her is more than a manager, she goes above and beyond for the guest. It is obvious her experience and commitment to guest relations is a finely honed art seldom experienced in the hospitality world today! You can feel the pride of the staff as you encounter them around the hotel, they smile are courtious and professional at every level. One of my favorite employees is Ms. Johnetta who is like a breath of spring every morning as she masterfully navigates the flow of patrons through breakfast with the skill of a captain at a fine restaurant. If you ever find yourself in the Shreveport/Bossier City area I highly suggest you stay at this hotel, no it is not downtown or in the most trendy of neighborhoods but it is conveniently located minutes from anywhere you may wish to get to. The comfort and kindness of the staff I am sure will make you a regular when ever in the area as I am. Congratulations to
Ms. Inki Shaver and her wonderful staff for the great job they do to make mine and every guest stay a happy memory! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Room Tip: I always like the room at the end of the hall or one of the suites but every room is clean and fresh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
INKI S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Oh my goodness such a nice review of the staff and hotel.We always try to make sure all of our guest feel as you do when they arrive and leave the hotel. It is always a pleasure to see returning guest and this is one of the reasons. We all appreciate the comments and hope you will be returning soon to our hotel. The Welcome mat is always out and you are always welcome. We have started having a social hour on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4:30 til 6PM so we can make our guest even happier. Fresh HOT Popcorn is served daily in the lobby after 3 pm. MMMM cant you just smell that fresh popped corn! See you soon James, thank you.
Mandeville Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here one night on our way to concert in Texas & couldn't have been happier with the accomodations. Our room on the 4th floor was like a small efficiency apartment including granite countertops, microwave, refrigerator, sofa, coffee table, desk & eating table & was very large. I was most impressed with the cleanliness of the our room. The neighborhood is a little deceiving upon entering Interstate Drive but the hotel made up for the street. We never felt unsafe, however. The location was convenient to the casinos and the airport & we really never heard much noise from the airport or the interstate even though both were right next to hotel. Our AAA price of $90 for 2Queen beds was about what we would expect to pay for a Holiday Inn which included typical continental breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
INKI S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We were so excited to read your review. Thank you for your comments and we appreciate the time you took to fill out Trip Advisor to let others know how YOU LOVED your stay with US. We hope that you come back to visit soon and maybe even stay longer than one night. There are a lot of attractions and great places to eat and we would love to suggest some of our favorites to you on your return trip to our area. Hope to see you soon.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I paid for this hotel through Hotwire on a last-minute trip to Shreveport. The front desk charged me another random $54.29, which they assured me they would immediately reverse but, as I write this review 6 days later, i have not yet received this money back.

The room was clean, but the hotel is VERY old and musty. The AC/heater unit looks like it is from the 60's and it was burning up in the room, so I turned it to AC, but nothing happened. It was about 85 degrees in the room. Maintenance came and explained that the entire hotel is on a boiler system and that AC was unavailable. There were also no windows or way to cool down the room, or ANY room in the hotel. Hotel staff brought us a fan and we had to leave the room door open to get it cool enough to sleep. It was a rough night. The windows look out onto the atrium and, when we attempted to see if we could open them, we found them so filthy, we could hardly see out of them.

So we spent a lot of money for a crappy hotel. There was a Holiday Inn Express down the street which looked much newer and nicer. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express, NOT this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
INKI S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We were surprised to read your review. I do not beleive this is the Holiday Inn Express- West Shreveport you are speaking about. We are only 5 years old and we have had no problems with our Ptac units in the guest rooms. We also would never give you a fan and request you leave your door opened. We have always strived to have our hotel guest ready everyday and the standards set by Holiday Inn are strict. I apoligize for your uncomfortable stay and hope you will return to Shreveport and give our hotel a try. We would appreciate a call from you to confirm you are speaking about our hotel or a mistake has happened and you posted to the wrong hotel. Your loyalty to our Brand is important and we appreciate any feed back you can give.