We stayed here one night while accompanying my husband on business. Would NOT stay here again. Unfortunately I am pretty much giving up on the HI Express chain. They are just like the old Holiday Inns of yesteryear, hit and miss.
1) Sketchy looking neighborhood
2) DIRTY. Carpet in hallway stained. Inside room the side of the TV cabinet was just filthy with drips, etc. (Easily wiped off). Fingerprints on furniture. Skirt to bed filthy with stains. Sheers on window all wrinkled up. Sons feet were dirty after walking around on carpet. Sitting chair dirty. MOLD and mildew in heating/ac unit.
3) ANTS. Or at least we think they were ants. On the TV cabinet, killed 2-3 there, killed one on nightstand, one on bed, one on wall. Total of 6 killed. Wonder how many were really there?
4) Sassy management. We had asked for a late checkout. We were a little late leaving the room and received a call from the General Mgr. saying that she had extended our stay another night. I explained that we were not staying another night and she addresses me as "honey" when explaining check out time. She simply could have called and asked if we were staying or leaving.
With the dirty and the attitude, she has assured herself ZERO more nights of revenue from us.
Positive notes were that the staff seemed friendly and breakfast was pretty good and it was located right near the interstate.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Shreveport West
- Holiday Inn Shreveport
- Shreveport Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport - Airport, conveniently located close to Shreveport Municipal Airport Louisiana's third largest city, Shreveport, sits near the borders of Texas and Arkansas. With the Shreveport Municipal Airport (SHV) located a mile from our door, you will find that getting to and from our Shreveport hotel is easy. Many of Shreveport's major businesses and tourist attractions are just a few miles away. Within six miles of our Shreveport accommodations are General Motors and the Frymaster Corporation. Locally owned and operated out of Shreveport, Frymaster has become a nationwide supplier of deep fryers. Cellxion's corporate headquarters are just 15 minutes away.Shreveport features a wealth of nightlife and entertainment. Our Shreveport hotel is within 10 miles of several casinos, including Boomtown Casino and Sam's Town Casino. Harrah's Louisiana Downs and Racetrack Casino are a little farther away from the hotel. Shreveport also features attractions for the entire family, including the Louisiana Boardwalk. Just seven miles from our hotel in Shreveport, this outdoor area features music, dining and shopping. Independence Stadium, home of the Independence Bowl, is also only minutes away.Our Shreveport hotel offers a variety of amenities including an outdoor pool, fitness and business centers, free high-speed Internet access and a free hot breakfast bar. Stay Smart with us and see what our hotel in beautiful Shreveport, Louisiana has to offer you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.