“One of the best stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
california
“One of the best stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I am a business traveller, and alway on the go, I have stayed at various different hotel brands, by far this one happens to be one of the best stay, and when I say best I mean the staff is on top of things and freindly, the rooms were recently renovated and feel very warm and cozy and are a lot bigger than any that I have stayed so far. The location is very centrally located and within reach of all banks and businesses. To top if off the bar had some complimentary drinks and the breakfast was just awesome and stomach filling. I will definitely stay here again in a heart beat. Keep it up guy's.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
KCMO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I agree with the Plano, TX reviewer -Totally incompetant staff - They messed up everything there was to mess-up - overcharged our credit card, lost our registration, changed the room key, had no record we had even checked-in, gave our room to someone else, overbooked.....etc. The pool was out-of-order, the room was not clean, there weren't enough parking spaces for guests, bad area of town, & overall Bad experience - There are much better choices!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
BWChateau, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Chateau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2009
I must apologize on behalf of the entire hotel. There is no excuse for the lack of professionalism and the other inconveniences you endured and I thank you for your honesty. UPDATE: In October 2008 the hotel undertook a complete analysis of our customer reviews and hard targeted each deficiency. Since then we have implemented an entirely new training and rating program for the staff as well as begun remodeling our entire hotel which is currently 75% complete with a tentative total completion date of Aug 2009. We would like you to please visit us again to see our improvements, you will not be disappointed!!
lake charles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

We used to stay at this hotel quite frequently and we were pleased but since new ownership took over in the last few years the hotel has gone downhill. The hotel is in need of total renovation. There is no air conditioning in the hallways and elevators. Rooms are inadequately cleaned, dirty dishes left in cupboards..gross! The springs and stuffing were falling out of our pull out couch. Dirty plates and silverware were given to us at the breakfast buffet. Staff is not helpful and is very unprofessional. I advise you to find somewhere else to stay!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Staff was very unprofessional and not helpful
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

The lobby is beautiful and the breakfast was pretty good. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is totally close to everything downtown. I hated that most of the gates are closed at night time. We had a suite and it was ok but I have stayed in better. However, the bed was comfortable and the room was pretty clean. One thing I did notice was that all of my party wasn't registered to the room and we end up paying 10.00 extra for the third person. I couldn't complain about that and the AAA discount was very helpful. I think the place needs to be more remodeled but I did enjoy the fitness center. It was better than most of the hotels I've been in.
SIde note: If you want some great soul food try Brother's Seafood. Sweet Peach Tea is the best also. OH yea and if you go to the Boardwalk Gumbo Daddy's is a good place too.
Enjoy the red river district too. It is safer than I thought it was going to be. Strong police and security presence. We were out walking after 12 am at night.
I like that because I'm a night owl.

Stayed August 2007
Plano, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

We've stayed at this Best Western for many years in a row. We've had minor problems over the years -- our reservations were "lost," we did not get the room we requested, I was charged more for my room than I should have been, etc. These should have given me a clue. While the accomodations are adequate, and the staff is friendly, there is something going on there lately that is wrong. Three separate groups stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. One group was charged twice for their room. Lucky for them, they noticed it right away and got it straightened out. MY group was also charged twice, but I am unable to prove it, since my first charge was in December when I made the reservation, and the next charge was in JUNE, a MONTH AFTER I CHECKED OUT! Yes, you read that right. I signed out with a zero balance, and exactly a month later, found two rooms charged to me. When I called to inquire, I was told the OTHER party that was there had been charged and called to say it was wrong, so they charged me. I know for A FACT this is WRONG. My friend whose card was allegedly charged never saw his statement to see if there was a charge, and he NEVER CALLED. Even if that were true, how scary is that? And why don't I have the option of now saying, Hey those charges aren't mine, just arbitrarily charge someone else's card? Interesting they'll let someone else do that, but not me. Huh. So, as you can see, there are some shady dealings going on there. I suspect an employee is double-charging people, hoping a lot of people won't notice, and then selling the rooms to make money. I don't know that, I have no proof. I just suspect that, due to the numerous errors we all encountered.
Save your money, save your time, save your frustration. Do not stay here. There are plenty of hotels in the area. Choose another.

Stayed May 2007
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

My husband and I visited this hotel in mid March (2007) and I have to say I was rather impressed. The reviews I read here were mixed, but I have to say I think sometimes people are just to picky. I mean it's Shreveport, not Las Vegas!

For starters, we only paid $100 for a huge suite (at least the size of two staandard rooms-- AAA rate) with free high speed internet, two free drinks at the hotel lounge, a full breakfast buffet (complete with eggs, potatoes, cereal, bagles, pastries, oatmeal, juice, yogurt, etc...awesome!!) and the hotel has a shuttle that will take you to and from local attractions and casinoa until 10:30 PM. we brought our own car, but if you wanted to use these services they are also free. Not to mention, the hotel is right by everything! Literally blocks from the casinos, boardwalk, etc. So let's just say we got a killer deal!

The lobby is beautiful and does not look like anything you would see in a Best Western. The rooms were well appointed with a large bedroom with a king sized bed, desk, chair and bathroom. The living room (which is a whole other room, making this a true suite, not a cheapy jr. suite) had two couches, another desk, chairs and a lovely amoir with television. There is a small kitchen stocked with alcohol and softdrinks, snacks and dishes. It is just a mini kitchen, but if you were staying for an extended period it would be great.

The pool was a really nice size and the fitness room was better than many I had seen in a hotel, though some of the equipment was older. The lounge was...well, a hotel lounge. Imagine sitting in very seedy bar, and there you are. It was not bad, though, and the furniture in there was nice. The "restaurant" only serves the free breakfast, but it is awesome for a free breakfast and really adds to the value of the stay. The elevator was in working order, but with only three floors you don't really need it unless you have lots of luggage. The front desk staff was awesome, and when we forgot our AAA card, they still gave us the AAA rate of $100 for a suite...on a Saturday! Sweet!

With all that said, the overhead lighting in the rooms was not great, but there were plenty of lamps to make up for it, and the overall lighting of the halls could be improved. The halls are a little stuffy, it would be great if they would make those little updates, but overall I am not a super picky person and would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Liked — The size of the rooms and the awesome breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — The lighting
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

We were in Shreveport, LA for ten days visiting family. That's the only reason to go to Shreveport. Hotel is close to casinos, just off main interstate. It is not in a great area, but we had no problems with parking the car in the hotel lot. It was still there every morning! Security did do their job. It is an older property, not the prettiest but confortable. We had a king suite and slept well. Breakfast was included in the price, so we had breakfast each morning there. The buffet never changed. Food was nothing to write home about, but the coffee is hot and serice is fast. The friendliest staff I've ever encountered at a hotel. When trying to load up to leave the desk clerk came around and helped! Maintenance Men are the friendliest in the world. When we checked in the porter was busy, so one of the maintenance men help get our luggage upstairs instead of making us wait for the porter to return. The rooms show their age, but it was confortable. The lighting is poor, but the television turns on which is my husband biggest concern! Not a five star property, but for Shreveport, a comfortable stay.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The location
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't travel to Shreveport unless you have to!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN Chateau Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!