“Best stay of our trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Salem, Oregon
“Best stay of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was a splurge for us but celebrated the end of our trip being near. The hotel may be a bit outdated with it's decor and furnishings but has a great staff and rooms. We enjoyed their pool, used their business center, and thought the breakfast was first class. The restaurant was closed on Friday night which left the Holiday Inn across the street or a unique place called the Blind Tiger within walking distance. Had we not wanted to walk to either of these shuttle transport was available to either or to the casino.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Checked in @ 12:30pm and Delila was helpful and smiling. Had lunch in the resturant. Didnt like the tea but when i told the waitress she immediately made some fresh tea. WE were given a special dicount as well which was good. Went to the room and the duvet and entire bed was soft and huge. The room smelled of fresh berries which was odd but it made me feel at home!.
WE then left and went to the boardwalk and came back and they had a nightly snack awaiting us at the desk and then we woke for breakfast an it was moreeee than what i expected. Fresh everything and everyone was so nice. They even made us a fresh omelet. WE paid 79.99 for the room and then recieved our best western points and we were extremely happy and i will be bringing more people to this hotel. Thanks
Delila, Dinora, Rose and Jackie

Room Tip: Ask for Dinora, Delila or Rose when you check in
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is very classy a little outdated but very nice and the staff was very sweet and helpful! They had a very friendly bellman to help with luggage and the front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable of the to do's in the area! They gave me a voucher for the bar and breakfast buffet which was very yummy! We read previous bad reviews all i can say is you cant please everyone! Overall my stay was relaxing and my room was nice and stocked with a minibar and snacks i will definitely recommend this to all my friends and family

• Stayed August 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

BED BUGS!!!!!!! The sofa in room 114 was full of bed bugs. Luckily we found them straight away and moved. Just read a review where the general manager said they were inspected in May, the general manager was unavailable for us to speak to so we will be reporting this to the local health department.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Since 2009, I one again had the opportunity to visit Shreveport, and once again I stayed at the Best Western Chateau in Shreveport Downtown. And I must say the service, quality, and cleanliness is still the same, I had read some bad reviews, in between my earlier stay at this hotel, but I'll say that some people are just bad vermins and never satisfied even if they are given the world. I'll definitely stay here again and recomend friends and family. They now have a restaurant on premises, which really did me good, as I had checked in late and was hungry and tired and did not want to go out again nor in a mood to eat a pizza, they had good food menu.

Room Tip: try the two room King Suite, they are actually two seperate rooms and not a half wall divided room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline's "Name Your Price" feature and paid less than $100 by the time it was all said and done. I won't ever use Priceline again. That being said - the place isn't a dump, it just is old! I felt like I was stepping back in time to the 60s!

The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were super tiny! BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW!

I really think the towels are the same towels they purchased when they opened the place. They were threadbare and stringy. I've never come across this in a hotel before!

The woman who helped us check in was very nice and efficient; she is the best thing about the hotel!

It's in a great location, so if you are wanting to stay downtown but not wanting to pay the casino price, it's not bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at this Motel on 6-9-12 and found it to be a gem! No more will we pay those outlandish prices at the Casino Motels! Even though the Motel was very dated, I found it really comfortable. What impressed me the most was how clean our room was. I love, love...the triple sheeting on the beds. This certainly brought the bedroom up-to-date. I, myself, inspected it for bed bugs (I work for a Motel Chain and have been certified in this area) and found the beds very clean and free of bed bugs. I was very impressed with the mini bar and snacks. When we came back from the Casino around 3 AM....I had a snack and pepsi and my husband choose a favorite beer. We were very relaxed sitting in the living room area. I love the fact that their rooms are suites....very very roomy. You have a huge bedroom, living room, kitchenette, and bath. The staff was very professional, helpful, and nice. We were running behind the next morning and after a knock on our door from Housekeeping to make sure we were still there, the little girl told us not to hurry. She was just making sure we hadn't left and forgot to check out. She actually told us to take our time.....I have never been told that before. (We actually made check-out so it wasn't like we were an hour or so behind). WE will definitely be staying here whenever we visit Shreveport in the future. I am so happy that we have found a very reasonable, clean, very quaint Motel to make our little get-a-ways to the Casinos even more enjoyable. Thank you Best Western Chateau Suite Hotel for an enjoyable stay. Mrs. Myers

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown
4.0 of 5 stars 382 reviews
Sleep Inn & Suites Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport

Been to BEST WESTERN Chateau Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!