“Still Doing Good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
california
“Still Doing Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Since 2009, I one again had the opportunity to visit Shreveport, and once again I stayed at the Best Western Chateau in Shreveport Downtown. And I must say the service, quality, and cleanliness is still the same, I had read some bad reviews, in between my earlier stay at this hotel, but I'll say that some people are just bad vermins and never satisfied even if they are given the world. I'll definitely stay here again and recomend friends and family. They now have a restaurant on premises, which really did me good, as I had checked in late and was hungry and tired and did not want to go out again nor in a mood to eat a pizza, they had good food menu.

Room Tip: try the two room King Suite, they are actually two seperate rooms and not a half wall divided room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline's "Name Your Price" feature and paid less than $100 by the time it was all said and done. I won't ever use Priceline again. That being said - the place isn't a dump, it just is old! I felt like I was stepping back in time to the 60s!

The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were super tiny! BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW!

I really think the towels are the same towels they purchased when they opened the place. They were threadbare and stringy. I've never come across this in a hotel before!

The woman who helped us check in was very nice and efficient; she is the best thing about the hotel!

It's in a great location, so if you are wanting to stay downtown but not wanting to pay the casino price, it's not bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at this Motel on 6-9-12 and found it to be a gem! No more will we pay those outlandish prices at the Casino Motels! Even though the Motel was very dated, I found it really comfortable. What impressed me the most was how clean our room was. I love, love...the triple sheeting on the beds. This certainly brought the bedroom up-to-date. I, myself, inspected it for bed bugs (I work for a Motel Chain and have been certified in this area) and found the beds very clean and free of bed bugs. I was very impressed with the mini bar and snacks. When we came back from the Casino around 3 AM....I had a snack and pepsi and my husband choose a favorite beer. We were very relaxed sitting in the living room area. I love the fact that their rooms are suites....very very roomy. You have a huge bedroom, living room, kitchenette, and bath. The staff was very professional, helpful, and nice. We were running behind the next morning and after a knock on our door from Housekeeping to make sure we were still there, the little girl told us not to hurry. She was just making sure we hadn't left and forgot to check out. She actually told us to take our time.....I have never been told that before. (We actually made check-out so it wasn't like we were an hour or so behind). WE will definitely be staying here whenever we visit Shreveport in the future. I am so happy that we have found a very reasonable, clean, very quaint Motel to make our little get-a-ways to the Casinos even more enjoyable. Thank you Best Western Chateau Suite Hotel for an enjoyable stay. Mrs. Myers

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Haslet, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

So, my husband and I visited Shreveport for our anniversary. Let me say, we don't have high expectations really when it comes to hotel stays or other. We're outdoorsy people, not high maintenance whatsoever. But this, to pay $94 for this just didn't seem worth it to me.

Pro's...
1) It had an old school classy feel - I appreciated that.
2) Front desk clerk was nice and did nothing wrong.
3) Work out room looked great, didn't use it though.
4) Within walking distance to the Mudbug Festival - that was fun!

Con's...
1) Smelly - like mildew and dust.
2) Dirty - flies were flying everywhere, the couches in the waiting area were gross, floor, everything didn't seem to be cleaned on a regular basis.
3) Creepy - yes, this may seem silly. But the neat classy old school feel with addition to the dirtiness made me start to feel like I was in The Shining. "Come play with us..." AHHH! This made it kind of fun though lol.
4) The main elevator has grafiti in it - says "F**K THIS PLACE* over the doorway from the inside. Not a good sign!
5) Pool was greasy and dirty - didn't smell much chlorine which worried me.
6) AC very loud and didn't cool down as much as we'd like.
7) Breakfast was not to my liking... Flies were all over. It seems to have been warmed up from previous days.
8) Bad location - scary with all the people about at night.
9) TV reception was bad. Even the channels we did have had interference.

Anywho, I guess that's it. Needless to say we stayed at Samstown the following night and LOVED IT! It was beautiful, cozy, clean, wonderful.

Please do note however that the pricing was probably higher due to the Mudbug Festival. So maybe if it's down to say, $39/night it'd be worth the stay.

Thanks for reading! Hope this helps someone! :)

-Bobbie-

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Prairie, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Negatives:

The hotel doesn't seem to be in the safest area. Also, the outside door lock was broken, so anyone could come in when ever they wanted.

I knew we were in trouble when we were at the registration desk, and a guest was complaining about the air conditioner not working, and toilet not flushing. The door key to the first room that we were given didn't work. At this point, we were given another room, and the air conditioner didn't work, and we couldn't flush the toilet. The third room that we were sent to was hot, muggy, smelled and the toilet didn't work. The fourth room was on the 5th floor. It was hot, but after turning the air conditioners on in both rooms (bedroom and living area), it became bearable after a few hours. Air conditioners are very loud. We had planned to move to another hotel the next morning, because it was just one disaster after another. Finally, the room cooled to a nice temperature. I called the front desk to get maintenance to fix the toilets twice. The first time, the toilet was better, but had to flush twice. The second time, the maintenance guy was able to fix the toilet. Still there didn't seem to be enough pressure to flush properly, but it worked at least. I asked to speak to a manager, but was told that there was no one there that could help me until the next day.

The next morning I went down to talk to a manager about our inconvenience. I talked to a lady by the name of Delilah. She wrote down my concerns, and said that she would speak to her manager (she was the Sales Manager), and she said that she would call me back. Of course, I didn't get a return phone call. Finally, I called her back only to find out that she had just left. I complained to the front desk again when we returned from our activities. The desk clerk said that she understood our concerns, but there was nothing that she could do and that we would probably have to wait until Monday to talk to a manager The desk clerk told us that there was nothing that she could do. I was very annoyed, and it probably showed. Shortly after we got back to our room, the front desk clerk called us and told us that she had talked to the manager, and instead of charging us $150.00 each night for our room, we would be charged $79.00 (which was the regular price of the room). The room rate had been marked up due to the Mudbug Festival that was in town. I thought that we should have received a free room for one night, but we didn't feel like arguing anymore.

On one of my many trips downstairs to complain, a police officer was in the office writing a police report. There's no telling what was going on.

There is a very nice gym in the hotel, but some of the equipment didn't work. Seems like there is very little maintenance of the hotel.

Positives:

Everyone was very nice. The bed was comfortable, and our 4th room was clean. The hotel was walking distance to the Mudbug Festival and some of the casinos.

I do not know why a hotel that was expecting so many people for an event would not have turned the air conditioners on, flushed the toilets, and made sure that everything was operational.

The hotel is old and needs to be updated. Although there is a flat screen in the living room and in the bedroom, there is limited cable and movies can not be ordered. They do have free internet. It was hot is heck in the hallways and in the elevators.

I think I will stay in a Bossier City Hotel from now on. This was not a pleasant experience, and we only got a room discount after complaining over, and over, and over again. The hotel obviously is not properly maintained.

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here, we were in room 505. It seemed to be a lot better than the others...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

More than I expected in a lobby of hotel chain... quite charming. Rooms were good and restaurant offered a good hot breakfast (included with hotel stay at no extra charge). Price was reasonable and overall, this was an average stay with a good value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jmaiden, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chateau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and when you are planning another trip to the area, please feel free to contact us directly so we can try and book you for a free upgrade!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Not a good choice. Was embarassed as I booked it for a crowd.
Beds very hard. Rooms noisy; hard to sleep. Not only thin walls and lots of highway and train noise, all rooms have very old and noisy cooling and heating units. Breakfast ample and varied, but some items reheated from prior days and are very bad. Dinner at restaurant awful. Bar is nice but rarely open...why would you only open from 5 to 10 pm in shreveport? Staff varies from extremely helpful to petulant. Shuttle stops at 10:30pm. Like I said, embarrasingly bad. Stay at the marriott... much safer and more convenient to casinos and such.

• Stayed April 2012
We take great care of our guests on a daily basis and i certainly apologize that your stay with us was not a pleasant one , however please feel free to call the hotel and lets try and make things right so that we can become your home away from home when you travel! We thank you for you for staying @ Best Western Chateau Suites Shreveport

Been to BEST WESTERN Chateau Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!