“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel is in a decent location but the kids pools is roped off and grass is now growing in it. The hot tub is broken, the only comfort is the room. It is worth your money. My only problem with the room is that my air conditioner starting leaking and we had to move at 130 in the morning. Our stay was pleasant.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Angela T, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Sharion I would like to thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us at Baymont Inn & Suites. My apologies for having to move you to a new room so late in the night but we try to make our guest stay as pleasant as possible. And if you would have stayed in that room the air conditioning would not have kept the room at a comfortable temperature for you. The kiddie pool was intended to be a sand box. We have decided to fill the pool and make it into an extra patio with cover and that is why there is dirt inside the pool to make it easier to fill with concrete. Glad to hear that your room was comfortable and your stay was pleasant. The first and most important priority at Baymont Inn & Suites in Shreveport, LA is to make sure our guest are happy when they checkout. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Shreveport and I hope that we will have finished the update to our pool area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This place can get better with a few critical but small changes that could make a difference.
Good things first: staff very sweet and did their best to accommodate to our needs for traveling family pulling a trailer. Very clean, so once again the staff is doing a great job to make this place great. The pillows are fluffy and wonderful. Rooms are big and spacious. Great price!

Things that management could try to make this place better. My shower head was leaky, weak pressure and needs to be fixed. Then the beds are my biggest and most prominent reason on why I chose to write this review. They are horrible. Hard, I didn't catch a wink of sleep. If I moved at all I bounced my husband around. The small couch next to the bed was more comfortable to sleep on. If I had blankets, I would of slept on the couch. Just need some new updated mattress. These old school non padded spring mattress are miserable.

• Stayed July 2014
Angela T, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Ashleigh thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and hear what you are saying. We are now in the process of getting some of our mattresses replaced. We know that a comfortable bed is a priority when it comes to choosing a hotel to rest and relax. It is our goal to make our guest happy each and every time they stay with us. I hope to see you on your next visit to Shreveport, LA .
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We booked our stay at Baymont through Booking.com knowing that many previous stays at a Baymont were always pleasant....This one was NOT! When we get in room, A/C plastic indoor cover is broken off from wall, have to pull it away more from the wall to access the control knobs. We attempted to "fix" the cover, but would NOT stay on. A/C run all the time, barely cooling and was LOUD. WIFI was weak. Shower you could not take by yourself. The showerhead holder was broken, so it would NOT hold the shower head correctly, only to the wall of the shower. So dear husband held the shower head for me to take a shower, plus I also had to HOLD the temperature control handle while taking a shower in order to not be scalded or frozen during the shower-it was broken. But it also did NOT have much water flow either, so I endured a dribble-shower with one hand and a husband with his one hand holding shower head. The pool was a GREEN FLOATING ALGAE disgusting display! And all 3 gates to the pool were open, would not shut correctly so small children could wonder in and go to the pool...
NO SIGNS that the pool was closed, website did NOT say pool was closed. I asked the desk clerk and she said they were "supposed" to change the website to say the pool was down for repairs....BUT IT IS SUMMER!! You expect a functioning pool! Oh well, next morning breakfast was available, AFTER you wait for all the employees to get theirs....which we are patient and do so.... I was able to explain all the problems of the room and pool to the manager and she insisted to refund my nights' stay for me. She claims that she cannot possibly know all the hotels problems and needs for repairs, but I just can't see that if a pool is not working, and is green with floating algae....how hard is it to make signs and PADLOCK the gates so small unattended children don't drown? You would think that they would NOT want that legality problem to deal with?! In any case, I did advise Choice Privileges about this location so hopefully they will attend to all these issues....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Arp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was shocked on how big the room was with the cost being so cheap. The room was nice and clean, staff was friendly, and in the morning they have hot breakfast prepared. I will definitely be coming back when in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
Angela T, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Baymont Inn & Suites. I am happy to know you had a great stay. It is our goal for each and every guest to have a great experience when staying with us. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Shreveport area.