“A Decent Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Ruston, Louisiana
“A Decent Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After trying a couple of other hotels that left us feeling less than happy we checked on this one. Best choice of options we had to chose from. There were 7 in our party and our suite had more than enough room to sleep everyone comfortably. Two tv's cut down on drama as there were 3 young children. Super nice beds, but I would have preferred full size pillows, but still not bad. Had a fairly decent breakfast that was included in room price. Indoor pool had to much chlorine in it. The kids eyes got red and they coughed quite a bit from it during the night.. The smell was overpowering and the pool room was too hot. Need a way to get some fresh air in there. Oldest son enjoyed fitness center. A plus for us was how close to the stores and eating places we were. Easy access to I - 20 next day so we were able to continue to Splash Kingdom easily. All in all this was a nice place to stay at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a very nice motel to stay at. The lady that checked me in was very nice, made me laugh and helped end a rough day with her personal attention.

The room was very clean, well kept, furnished with a full cable tv package for my entertainment. Restaurants close by and a nice safe area. My only bad experience is their wifi is very slow, on the third floor where my room was located I could only get two bars on their wifi but yet I could recieve five bars from the motel next door on the other side of the motel. Think they need to find out who services the other motels wifi and use them instead of who they are using here.

Room Tip: Once you find out how to get to this motel from the interstate, it is well worth finding.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hewitt, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

On our recent road trip, we spent the night at Comfort Suites, 6715 Financial Circle, Shreveport, LA 71129. It was a great place to stay; and on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, we rated it a 10. The beds at Comfort Suites are always clean, have lovely linens, and new mattresses that are not broken down on the sides.

Let me list the things that we found: friendly staff with check-in; automatic door which is helpful when pushing luggage cart; numerous luggage carts available; free newspaper, cookies, and coffee 24/7 in lobby; machine for purchase of non-prescription items; 2 queen beds with sofa couch and lounge chair; separate sink and refrigerator/microwave area; ability to darken room with curtains; large desk/dresser/ desk chair/Wi-Fi; pristine clean room, beds, and bathroom; safety handles and shelves in bathtub; halo shower curtain; lots of hot water instantly; nice TV; gift bag for Gold customers; close to iHop, mall, restaurants; eggs/ham protein dishes, 4 types of fresh juices, etc. for breakfast; large conference room; exercise facilities

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I usually write my reviews on site while everything is fresh, but we were rather exhausted on arrival and went straight to bed after a light meal. It was the deepest sleep ever in the Choice chain and was partly due to the good beds.

In the morning, - the coffee in the breakfast room ran out after we had finished out breakfast. I noticed that another guest had problems and notified one employee. She again contacted the reception and one from the reception frightened the attendant out of her refuge behind a closed door. An attendant should regularly check on items, not so with this lady!

Our room was placed far from the lobby, but we could use a close exit door with our luggage.

On the way out I discovered that one of the maids had left her entrance card on her cleaning trolley as I walked by. These cards give entrance to all rooms and should be treated more guardedly, preferably in a string around the neck or attached to the uniform. It might have been a card that one of the guests had left behind, - though?

Otherwise we had a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethany, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I'm late leaving this review. I thought I had left the review after my trip several months ago.
I was recommending this place to a relative when I noticed it wasn't in list.

The place was very modern, clean and well maintained from what I could see.
We had a suite with a couch hide-a-bed and two large beds.
The morning breakfast had many choices.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hotelmanager2013_25, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you decided to stay with us. Please come back and see us again.
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was not a leisure trip. I called several places to find a room because a family member was in a hospital there not doing well. I was upset and unsure and when I called comfort suites, we discussed why I was going and her voice changed into complete helping mode. I was worried about the area and distance from the hospital and she assured me that the area was safe and it was a short distance to the hospital. She was right. The room was also nice and spacious. After a long day, the hotel was very quiet. Everyone was very friendly...Thank you Tammy for your kindness.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

friendly staff clean spacious rooms a great place to stay for fun or business.
This property is located very close to shopping and highway really good restaurants are very close the front desk clerk clued us in on a fantastic place just up the road.when you travel as much as I do it is so refreshing to stay at such a friendly place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
hotelmanager2013_25, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business, and we hope to see you again.

Been to Comfort Suites Shreveport? Share your experiences!