“one from the reception frightened the attendant out of her refuge behind a closed door” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Shreveport

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I usually write my reviews on site while everything is fresh, but we were rather exhausted on arrival and went straight to bed after a light meal. It was the deepest sleep ever in the Choice chain and was partly due to the good beds.

In the morning, - the coffee in the breakfast room ran out after we had finished out breakfast. I noticed that another guest had problems and notified one employee. She again contacted the reception and one from the reception frightened the attendant out of her refuge behind a closed door. An attendant should regularly check on items, not so with this lady!

Our room was placed far from the lobby, but we could use a close exit door with our luggage.

On the way out I discovered that one of the maids had left her entrance card on her cleaning trolley as I walked by. These cards give entrance to all rooms and should be treated more guardedly, preferably in a string around the neck or attached to the uniform. It might have been a card that one of the guests had left behind, - though?

Otherwise we had a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bethany, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I'm late leaving this review. I thought I had left the review after my trip several months ago.
I was recommending this place to a relative when I noticed it wasn't in list.

The place was very modern, clean and well maintained from what I could see.
We had a suite with a couch hide-a-bed and two large beds.
The morning breakfast had many choices.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hotelmanager2013_25, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you decided to stay with us. Please come back and see us again.
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was not a leisure trip. I called several places to find a room because a family member was in a hospital there not doing well. I was upset and unsure and when I called comfort suites, we discussed why I was going and her voice changed into complete helping mode. I was worried about the area and distance from the hospital and she assured me that the area was safe and it was a short distance to the hospital. She was right. The room was also nice and spacious. After a long day, the hotel was very quiet. Everyone was very friendly...Thank you Tammy for your kindness.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

friendly staff clean spacious rooms a great place to stay for fun or business.
This property is located very close to shopping and highway really good restaurants are very close the front desk clerk clued us in on a fantastic place just up the road.when you travel as much as I do it is so refreshing to stay at such a friendly place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
hotelmanager2013_25, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Shreveport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business, and we hope to see you again.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent the night at this hotel on our way to Dallas, Tx. Front desk personnel was super friendly and we got a great rate. The breakfast was WONDERFUL. Now, I look for Comfort Suites in whatever city I end up in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My mother and I spent 2 nights at the Comfort Suites in July. The front dest clerk was very friendly and was very helpful in moving us from a first floor room to an upper level room. I don't like first floor rooms for safety concerns, especially when travelling without my husband. The clerk didn't mind at all about changing the rooms and was very warm and pleasant.

The lobby, rooms, halls and elevators were all clean. My one and only complaint on cleanliness was that the nesting table in the room had sticky soda on it. It had been wiped down where it could be visually seen from under the top table, but had not been pulled out and wiped down. I found this a bit lazy on the cleaning staff's part, but definately not a deal breaker or deserving of a huge gig on cleanliness. The showers were clean and mildew free and the beds were of average comfort for me. Loved the fluffy soft pillows.

The complimentary breakfast was edible, but not fabulous in my opinion. I love my coffee and unfortunately I was a little disappointed in the coffee here. The cookies they put out in the evening for guest were pretty yummy though. :0)

The gym and pool are very small. Gym has a treadmill and elliptical and some sort of unit with multiple exercise examples (like a cheaper BowFlex). But it was ok for the short time I was there. Pool looked cloudy though, would not have gone into it even if I had brought a swimsuit.

The location is really good. Easy access off of the highway. Several restaurants only a few minutes away. A service station on the corner. WalMart and Dollar store very close. And a quick drive to downtown.

Overall, not a bad place to stay. I would definately stay here again if the need were to arise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Paris, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights in the Comfort Suites in Shreveport and had a great experience. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. After we checked out and had gone 150 miles my wife realized that she did not have her college class ring. I immediately called the hotel desk clerk and told her that my wife had left her ring on the night stand. She took my phone number and said she would check and call me back. In about 5 minutes she called back and had found the ring and that her manager would send it by ups on Monday. When we travel, Comfort Suites is always our first choice. We have stayed in many across the US and have never been disappointed in the comfort and service. John and Jan Newman, Paris, TX.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Shreveport? Share your experiences!