“Not Good” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Moonrider Inn

You added Moonrider Inn to your Saves list
Moonrider Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5215 Monkhouse Drive, Shreveport, LA 71109 (Formerly Pelican Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Not Good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Got here to check in and was told we had to wait because they were in the middle of a shift change. Then was told I had 15 mins to check out the room to see if anything was wrong because they don't do refunds. No small towels, tub was nasty, no phone cord in phone, toilet was nasty, no pillow cases on pillows, cigarette holes in covers. Suspicious people around property. Worst room we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Planned a last minute get away the room was neat but filthy if you know what i mean. Everything was in order except to actually be comfortable I had to reclean the way that house keeping should have. Brought in rags and scrub a bubble. Windex and air fresher. clorox wipes were brown after wiping counters chairs and head board. jacuzzi was amazing besides me scrubbing it prior to moving in. Food tray was neat but had dried up food in it. Disgusting! !! Beneath the blanket had so many stains I was afraid to touch it. Only one roll of half used toilet tissue and towels were folded but not neatly. This place has potential but the cleaning crew needs to be strongly evaluated. I had to do their part in order to enjoy my stay! Desk clerk were awesome and friendly. Maintenance were pretty good too. Will post my picts. My touches made it worth the stay but when spending your money you shouldn't have to clean for an hour prior to your stay.

• Stayed August 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Got the key to the wrong room. Once they had this fixed we got to our room and had one towel. When we called down and asked for extra towels we were told that they did not have any. They told me I could get some at 10 am the next morning and checkout was at 11. The room was in deplorable condition. Nasty tub, broken lamps and worst of all ROACHES. On the walls, tables, everywhere! Disgusted. Never again will I stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

After traveling all you want to do is take a hot shower and relax. The room was nice, smoke free, clean, plush bed, even though the sheets was to small and we kept putting the fitted sheet back on, we got extra towels when asked, tub had built in dirt in it but over all it was ok UNTIL we had visitors that didn't pay. Roachea started coming out. We killed 3 but was locked in to our 2 night stay which sucked so for the rest of the stay we were looking around and keeping our things closed tight.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I came there last week and rented a room, the room was great. However, when I went to the pool I was harassed by a white male and his son. They started questioning me about do I have a room here and demanded to know my name. They little boy went to the front desk to question the girl on duty about my information she didn't comply with his demand. I came to the front desk and talked to the desk clerk and she said their is not a white male who works there. When I went back outside they disappeared in their room, so I figured it out they are residents here. Other than those two my stay was very nice. I would recommend Pelican Inn to many others but only if they do something about the residents in Room 180. Their attitudes are bad for business and this companies reputation especially given this hotel past history.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The title is a good thing, the outside looks like someone ran over the place with three cans of paint. It needs a new coat of paint and a new color as well. The rooms are very nice, new carpet, bathroom, marble vanity, the whole enchilada. My room had this ginormous spa bathtub, it looked like one of those private spa rooms at fancy hotels. It had a glass panel that covered it and was very impressed with it. They have safe deposit boxes in the room to insure that the maids dont steal any of your valuables, ive had bad experiences in the past. So the safety deposit box is a plus. For a motel in this condition, i must say not bad. Their still in the process of renovating as i heard and they hope to finish everything by the fall of 2012.

Room Tip: Ask for the wifi password when checking in
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Pocono'Mtn, Pa.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We checked in early,watched a little tv and then went to eat dinner. When we returned the TV was out and did not return until the next morning as we were checking out. They blamed it on the cable supplier but I don't know.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Moonrider Inn? Share your experiences!