“Bar manager” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle
“Bar manager”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The bar manager tommy is very nice and knowledgable. The front desk staff is extremely friendly. The breakfast staff is horrible and the restaurant staff. I went to complain and told my server to get the manager on duty. The manager never came and spoke to me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Fort Worth, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Has the potential - with great location. But service within housekeeping less than optimal. When you don't stock toilet paper, or fix hair dryer and clean a room before you have folks check in. Front desk nice, but "I am sorry" with no real backing isn't enougn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Hilton Shreveport. It is only through feedback from valued guests such as yourself that we can attempt to rectify a situation and improve...all to meet or exceed your expectations. Clearly, we fell short of that goal during your stay. Please know that we are dissapointed in our performance and the appropriate team leaders have been made aware of this shortfall of service.
We hope to have an opportunity at some point to demonstrate to you that we can provide good, quality service. Thank you again for alerting us to this.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The staff was very professional and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. Excellent shuttle service. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

THank you for your kind comments and observations regarding your recent stay with the Hilton Shreveport. We sincerely appreciate your taking the time and your business. We hope to be able to be of service to you again soon.
Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

As it has been in the past, I had a wonderful stay at the Shreveport Convention Center Hilton. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the room is always wonderful and comfortable. And the bell staff always take good care of me and my belongings. I can't wait to stay again in the future...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

THank you for sharing your experience whille staying at the Hilton Shreveport. We appreciate you and your business and look forward to meeting, even exceeding your expectations again soon.
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I used to get offers in the mail for free rooms at the Eldorado since I was a heavy craps and blackjack player. Since then, my level of play has moved from serious to much more casual, speding at most $100. Naturally, the good hotel offers stopped rolling from Eldorado. So, I needed to find another nice hotel with a decent weekend rate. Hilton Shreveport is it.

First, the location is great. Only two minutes from my favorite casino (Eldorad), and favorite nightclub (Phoenix Underground). Second, I am always able to get a room on Saturday nights even when booking 3 days in advance. The Eldorado never even has paid rooms available on the weekend, much less comped ones, even when booking 2 weeks in advance. Another attractive thing about this property is the price. I always know what I am going to pay for a decent room on a weekend: $119. Split between us three that travel to Shreveport and it's quite a bargain for us.
What I like most is the rooms. Their rooms are well decorated. They have a decent, flat screen television. They triple sheet their beds, which for me is a make or break when booking a hotel. I absolutely refuse to sleep in a hotel that uses those nasty, polyester bedspreads that never get washed. As such, I always get a good nights rest after a night of gambling and partying. Did I mention their beds are among the most comfortable I have slept in? Their bar downstairs is alright, if not a little overpriced. Free wifi and free shuttle service to any casino or nightclub is another amenity that I greatly appreciate, which you won't find at the other casino/hotels. In summary, this is my new favorite hotel when booking a weekend trip to Shreveport, and will continue to be in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences when staying at the Hilton Shreveport. We are delighted to have met, maybe even exceed, your expectations. It is only by receiving comments from valued guests such as yourself, that we can improve our service levels. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Grand Cane, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Convention Center in Shreveport with other family members for my daughter's wedding in the area and found it to be very accommodating. Everyone was very pleasant and the rooms were roomy and nice. The lounge was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here on a quick weekend trip. Excellent price for the quality hotel. The room was big, clean, comfy bed & pillows, microwave, small fridge, & the bathroom was spacious. The hotel is located basically at the convention center & in walking distance of some nice bars, restaurants, & shopping. They also provide a FREE shuttle service to pretty much anywhere "within reason". They do offer valet but across the street is a parking garage for $5 a night, that is unheard of, most places charge $15 on up a day for parking. The staff was very nice & helpful. The only negative was the check in. We arrived around 3:30 on a Saturday afternoon & had to wait in a line that stretched into the bar area for 40 minutes just to check in. When we first got there, there was only one person at the front desk. By the time we made it up to the front there were 2. This is an area that needs immediate attention, after traveling for 3 hours, nobody feels like standing in a line holding luggage. We've stayed at quite a few Hilton's over the last year & this one did the Hilton brand well, we will be staying here again when we return to Shreveport.

Room Tip: Make sure you request the "type" room you want, we were put in a handicapped room for some...