“Warm welcome rolled by a wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
VIP Concert Package
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
portsmouth
“Warm welcome rolled by a wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We arrived 20th May and were checked in by Ava. Check in was seamless and she was the first Hilton/Hampton employee to ask if we were Hhonors members. We said no but would like to sign up. We look forward to joining.

The room was enormous and extremely well equipped.
The bed was "don't want to get up" comfort.
Ava advised us of good restaurants and she was just simply delightful all round.
Shuttle staff were polite and extremely courteous.
Our only complaint is we didn't stay long enough.
Anyone who finds fault with this hotel is simply hard to please or narcissistic

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. Our team members are to be treated like our guests, just for this reason...As you were treated by this consistently hospitable team member.

We will share this review with our team members guest relations committee so that all of our team members may strive towards ensuring our guests satisfaction.

Michael C. Green

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Spearsville, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked the Hinton Shreveport because I was attending a family wedding in Shreveport. The hotel was also the recommended accomodations for out-of-town guest. I had heard great things about the hotel and I have stayed at many Hilton hotels and I am a HHonors member. Everything was great until I walked into my room and the bed looked horrible, I am not sure how to describe it. The comforter and sheets were not uneven and "messy". I didn't think much of it at first, but when I my husband noticed, I knew it was pretty bad. However, we got over that and went to dinner. After I came back to the room I was going to take a shower....no hot water. My husband called the front desk and they said they "would look in the matter". Saturday and Sunday still no hot water. Room service also "made" our bed up worse than it looked when we checked in, and they draped our towels over the toilet. The last two things aren't really a big deal but when you pay $144 a night you exspect more. I paid less for 4 nights in Las Vegas than I did for 2 night here! Even though I was pretty upset about not having hot water, I realize that these things happen, I talked to the manager and was told I was going to recieve 6000 Hilton rewards points as compensation....I recived an email about the situation but I have yet to recieve my points, I have also send 3 emails regarding the issure...nothing. No response, no phone call, no points. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. Although I was glad to read in your review that you were pleased with your room and that you enjoyed the view, I was disappointed that you weren't completely satisfied and that we did not exceed your expectations. I am so sorry if you’re A/C unit was not working properly and that you found our hallways to be somewhat noisy.
Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Sincerely submitted for your review,
Farmerville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My stay at the Shreveport Hilton was great. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The food was great in the restaurant and room service. Will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us in Shreveport. It is only through feedback from our valued guests, such as yourself, that we are able to learn the positives and opportunities we may have and address them directly.

We will ensure that these comments are shared with our team members guest relations committee in hopes that all of our team members will continue to strive for meeting or exceeding the guests expectations as we did during your stay.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was at the Shreveport Hilton for 11 days while doing an art show there. In all my business and personal travels all over the world, including a stay in a commune in China, this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Valet service was lousy and they destroyed my fob. Rooms were not always made up. Food was lousy, in fact it was the only time in my life that room service was actually so cold the grease had congealed on the fries and the cheese on the hot melt sandwich was cold and dried. Delivery was quick... made me think they were recycling a previously rejected order.

I am beginning to think that Hilton has lost their edge. I have serious concerns about staying in a Hilton property again, except for maybe a Hampton where I have seen good service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the numerous items we failed to meet or exceed your expectations. it is only through feedback provided by experienced travelers such as yourself that we can guage our progress and identify areas for additional improvement. We realize you have choices in where you stay and hope that you can allow yourself to provide another opportunity, not just to this hotel but to Hilton overall.
Thank you again for taking the time to communicate your stay with us.
Clinton Township, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip and also put our guests up in the Hilton. Excellent, excellent service! We were able to put our best foot forward and make our guest feel welcome and cared for during their stay at the Hilton. I will be using them for every out of town visitor that comes to visit our company.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We sincerely appreciate the feedback sent to us from your recent stay. It is through comments from valued guests such as yourself, that we are able to address, correct or continue levels of service and hospitality so that we may meet or exceed all guests expectations.

We know you have choices in where you or your fellow business associates stay and are thankful in your selecting to stay with us in the future as well.

Merritt Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The good:

Price for hotel is reasonable

The bartenders are hysterical.

Starbucks is in the hotel

Non-smoking inside

Beds were comfortable

AC was COLD!

The interesting:

So when we pulled up to check in, there was a large group of people standing outside drinking out of red solo cups if that should kick things off!

The front hotel person was on the phone with another guest, tried to check us in and hosted a conversation with two people he knew came up to the desk with us so they can shake hands, chat and update plans for the weekend. (Again, while we are trying to get checked in!!)

He asked why we were in town, we were for a specific event, and he wanted us to "hook him up with tickets" HUH? LOL

Only question we asked was: when breakfast was served until for the morning said 6 - 11AM. perfect.

The bad:

The next day we went down for breakfast at 10AM, and the buffet was empty, the omelets lady said she was done, no fruit left, I put the only bagel I can find through the toaster and it came out greasy!! Like how does that happen? Our waiter was MIA for the first half of all this, and when he finally arrived he was so sorry everything was so terrible and he took my breakfast off the menu and they cooked to order a breakfast for my fiancé. The waiter did say breakfast was over at 10:30. WHOOPS!

As we walked out after breakfast to check out Shreveport, a NEW group of people were drinking out of red solo cups in the same area! haha

Every time I went to Starbucks my Large Iced Coffee with room for milk was 2.00 one day, 2.60 the next day and 3.20 the third. (thank goodness we only stayed a few nights!) When I asked why the increasing scale for the same product, the woman huffed because I questioned her prices, I actually turned down the coffee. LOL

We ordered breakfast the next morning to our room (thinking this would be better) no, it was worse! We called and tried to fix it, but instead we got charged for it and had to complain the last day were there when the give you the final invoice.

Housekeeping cleaned around our stuff, literally. The bathroom counter where I had my makeup, lotion, hairspray etc you could see where they wiped AROUND these bottles. We used 1 bed to lay clothes out, and the bed was never made or pillows fixed, nothing. The shower was never cleaned. The mouthwash sample was half gone with the seal still on it from day 1, not sure how this is even done so I was afraid to touch it! So what did they come in the rooms for at all?

**We did have clean towels every day!! Sweet!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found our hotel rates to be reasonable and that you enjoyed our breakfast but at the same time we are disappointed to learn that we did not provide you with the exceptional experience we strive to provide all our guests. Please know that our team takes great pride in delivering great hospitality and truly apologize if we did not live up to this band promise.

Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our staff in order for us to continue to improve upon our products and services. If your travels bring you back to our hotel we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be able to restore your faith in our hospitality.

Yours sincerely,
All Over
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel has great rooms with awesome view of the river and downtown, amazing roof top pool and workout room but it has issues with poorly working AC units, significant hot water issues and somewhat noisy hallways. Also, somehow my reservation was intermingled with another guests upon check-in, his room was charged to my card and I assume his to mine. While front desk staff were nice and did everything she could to fix problem it took two days and 4-5 phone calls with 2-3 people to fix the problem due to no on-call manager.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!