“Great location, solid staff, missing some touches” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104 Market St, Shreveport, LA 71101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 36 hotels in Shreveport
San Antonio, Texas
“Great location, solid staff, missing some touches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a nice Hilton property, located close to the riverboats, if that's your thing. Right next to the convention center. One of the nicer things is the $8 valet ($5 to self-park). I'll pay the extra $3 for the convenience and it's much cheaper than many valet fees in the brand. The front desk staff was all-star and very helpful when I had questions about the area.

Valet was quick and kept my car running to warm up while I made a call.

I wish they had an executive lounge. I like having a quiet place to relax or see customers. The bar is right off the lobby and too loud for business when I was there. Other guests commented that the dinner service was hit or miss, but ate off property. My big dig was breakfast. Maybe I'm the exception, but I don't have time for a leisurely breakfast, it's eat and get on with my day. The staff either had too many tables or just were scatterbrained. Several guests had to ask multiple times for things. Service was just slow.

I'll stay again because of the overall great experience at the property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Natchez, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The bar is great with 3 Tvs or more. The bed is very comfortable and you'd never know it was daylight outside with the extra thick curtains! It was 10 am and we thought it was dark outside! This is an Awesome comfort for sleeping late! The pool is on the roof and it's heated in the winter! All doors are secured for safety reasons and you must use your pass for entrance to pool and gym. The hotel shuttle even took my friend to the store, free of charge! The hotel shuttles runs 24 hours. It takes you to and from to all the casinos. You never need your car! It's a must stay!

• Stayed December 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We chose the DOWNTOWN SHREVEPORT LOUISIANA HILTON to stay at November 23-24th. Booked the room ONLINE thru the Hilton website which was a mistake. My children were excited to swim in the 'heated' rooftop pool. We arrived and checked in and even paid for an upgraded top floor room. We walked into the room which looked NOTHING like the pictures on the website. The beds looked as if there were clothes underneath the sheets. The carpet was worn and dirty. The dresser had some dried streaks down the front of it where a drink had been spilled. We were hungry from our long drive and decided to go an grab something to eat before we make
any decisions on the room. When we returned, we decided to check out the pool since that was what the kids were excited to do. Walked out to the rooftop pool to find out it was CLOSED. I had called the night before asking about it before I booked the room. They did not inform me it was closed. I checked the pool and it was COLD. Went to look the inside hot tub. Outside the hot tub room it smelled like a port-a-potty. Walked into the hot tub room and noticed the water appeared to have a green tint. Not sure if it was from the water or the dark stained finish inside the hot tub. Felt the water and when I pulled my hand out it smelled like DIRTY FEET! At that point the hotel served no purpose as it hadn't lived up to any of the expectations.

Went to the front desk and requested our money back. They offered us another room which I did not want because my kids were expecting to go swimming or hot tub. I was not happy. At that point the manager told me she would not refund my money and called the male manager over. I assume I was suppose to feel threatened from this 6'4" 350 male. I told him I wanted my money back. His response was "Did you book this room
thru a travel site?" I said NO, I booked it thru Hilton. Immediately he asked the female Manager "Do you have his credit card information on file?" She said "YES". That is when the attitude started and it was a no win situation for me. I asked for the phone number for corporate. They gave me the reservation line. I called and they transferred me to customer relations. The 2 women I talked to agreed I should get a refund. Teri Price from customer relations I talked to for well over an hour. She called the mangers several times to ask them to refund me the money. They wouldn't. I ended up having to pay a $75 "Early Checkout" fee to walk away from this situation after having spent less than 2 minutes in my room.

I will never stay at another Hilton in my life. The 2 managers at this Hilton have ruined it. I will also ALWAYS book any hotel thru a travel site. If you book thru Hilton they know they only have to deal with the customer.

I am happy that Hilton is so proud of themselves that they have so many websites that allow people to post their experiences and reviews.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We sincerely regret that you stay with us was less than satisfactory. We aplogize for the pool not being warm and will be refunding your early c/out fee charged along with a personal call hoping we can secure your loyalty to Hilton again.
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here one night on a busy business trip - the more it matters if you get a good sleep. Well, I did not. The bedding was ok (just ok), the main issue was that you can just hear about everything both from your neighbors, the bathrooms AND the corridor. The hotel has been renovated some years back and it helped, a bit. You can still see though that the work has not been done properly (painting on the bathroom door was peeling and at places was missing altogether). However, we got a good price (80 USD) so that would probably make me stay again. Plus, if you need to travel to downtown Shreveport, this is a good location both to the Government Plaza and the Boardwalk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiltonshreveport, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We sincerely regret that your stay was not satisfactory. As the Hotel is only five years old, we pride ourselves on the condition of our facility and clearly, we must have missed some touch up paint/spots in our repainting of bedroom and guestroom doors. We will rectify this immediately and appreciate your feedback.
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I love Hilton. I have never had a bad experience at a Hilton hotel. This is the exception. The room was average in size, decor. The windows were disgusting, covered in dirt and cobwebs outside. The mattresses were comparable to an old hotel. The hallways haven't been vacuumed since Clinton was in office. The tub did not drain: I had water up to my ankles. Really? It was better than Red Roof Inn, hence the 3 rating. Never this Hilton again.

• Stayed November 2012
We sincerely apologize for your inconvenciences incurred during your recent stay. We strive very hard to ensure a clean building both inside and out. We regret we did not achieve your expectations and hope to secure your loyalty again someday soon. We appreciate your providing us the feedback necessary to improve on our services.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my families base hotel for my sons recent wedding and we had a block of rooms. It was our third stay here - so we were already pretty familar.

I ran the valets ragged with our numerous in and out trips as we made preparations for the wedding, but never a complaint or issue.

The bar was EXTREMELY accomodating and the bartender went out of his way to suggest interesting drinks.

Market was for breakfast- nice buufeet great food no complaint there.

We also upset housekeeping as we ofetn left the "rpivacy" card out as we there was aquite a bit of prep and traffic going through our suite and connecting room- we alsmots had half the floor!

We will be back- minor glitch withr eservation that was fortunately solved at check in and evebn had a follow up call from management

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Maumee, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

To me it is a no brainer to pick hilton as my hotel of choice. The quality is always there, . i need not wonder if the rooms are clean or if I will return home with bite from vermin. I don't mind paying more to receive the standard of care I expect

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!